Hello from Mustang: Problem

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Hello from Mustang: Problem

Postby MustangP51D » Sat May 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I've been playing on SWGO a long time and never created an account to report an issue, so you've got to know this one is getting on my nerves.

One particular SWGO admin is giving me a particular problem. Talon Karrde routinely switches my team mid map or whenever I join -- often with snide remarks like "If the teams are unbalanced, it's not harassment, right?" This last one he made while lordfred was present and I believe Ripley as well. He is particularly consistent in doing it when I kill him consistently in JBA, or when I am a pulling character in HA. The first time he did it, he followed me across *two* SWGO servers and did it *three* times. When I told him to "knock it off", he kicked me. I went to JBA instead; he went there and did it again!

Seriously dude, you berate other people for being childish, yet you can't seem to resist acting like one. Cut it out already.

-Mustang
MustangP51D
Community Member

Re: Hello from Mustang: Problem

Postby Jdg50 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Hmm.... Admin Abuse thread. *sits and watches topic*
O_o
Jdg50
Community Member

Xfire: Jdg50legomaster
Steam ID: Jdg50Legomaster

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sat May 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Hmm, I'm 50/50 on this one. Mustang usually wouldn't say anything unless it's a semi-big issue. But at the same time, he's the type of player that when he's losing he plays angry (ie Aayla pulling, link-cding, etc...)

But we may want to hear him out and/or Talon's side.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Postby MustangP51D » Sun May 29, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks Mawk, but I don't see how that last sentence is relevant at all. None of the things you listed are against the rules. Also, the second to last time Talon performed, he did so in front of at least one other admin (I think two) and made it pretty clear through his words purpose was to antagonize. At the end of the match he said: "Aww, Mustang you couldn't help us out?" It's hard to spin that any other way.

The first time I said: "Okay, I'll be a good sport...funny." But when the issue repeats itself multiple times over a period of months it starts to get annoying. I asked Talon directly to stop (aggrevatedly, but without verbally abusive language at all) and the result was a kick. That's why I am posting *here*.

Again, just knock it off already TK.
MustangP51D
Community Member

Postby Scrumtralescent » Sun May 29, 2011 12:15 am

I have to agree with Mawk as well. While you dont seem the type to just make things up Mustang, I've noticed you have the same kind of attitude towards me that you're accusing Talon of. Hard to tell through a video game if you're serious at all when you make certain comments towards me, but if you want respect from people you have to show it to others yourself.
Scrumtralescent
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: scrum24

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sun May 29, 2011 12:23 am

Hey Mustang. Glad to see you finally join the forums and welcome! :clap:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby haasd0gg » Sun May 29, 2011 3:54 am

Making antagonizing statements doesnt justify using admin to ruin the game for the guy. If he is breaking rules then he gets the warn/kick/ban like everyone else.
Id like to hear from Talon on this.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby WD-40 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:59 am

It's the 'STANG'! Deadly accurate on JBA to be sure. If I see stang, I just run the other way. :lol:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Scrumtralescent » Sun May 29, 2011 4:17 am

haasd0gg wrote:Making antagonizing statements doesnt justify using admin to ruin the game for the guy. If he is breaking rules then he gets the warn/kick/ban like everyone else.
Id like to hear from Talon on this.

I agree, I didn't make that clear in my post. Admins should never let any kind of talk or attitude affect how they run the server. Of course all we have right now is Mustang's word against Talon's future word, if he decides to post here. It would help if we had any kind of proof of said abuse.
Scrumtralescent
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: scrum24

Postby -)G(-Mawk » Sun May 29, 2011 5:15 am

Agreed Mustang, they are not against the rules, nor did I say they were. I was making a comment on the type of player you are. I put you in a category that the other admins may understand easier: The type of guy who gets mad when he's losing. Generally this can give a broad spectrum for them to think on and analyze, to decide whether the investigation is fully warranted or not. This is why I said it was 50/50 for me personally, I was giving my reasons.

SWGO has many people complaining about admin abuse, and most thus far have been unfounded. Giving you a chance is also something I am open to, because I know that you wouldn't post unless you thought it was serious. I'm on the side of justice for this one and my logic is hopefully explained now.
-)G(-Mawk
SWBF2 Admin

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II