HvB3 review(for fasty)

All information and activities related to SWBF2

HvB3 review(for fasty)

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Now i played the mod, and ill be honest on all points.
At first i tought you made some cool weapons, the skins were very nicely made.
The twin reveresed sith blades combined with the jetpack was epic.

Now the things i did not like, or suggestions for the hopefully comming HvB4.

To start with, the "infected" were just walking like zombies, while not looking as them.
My sugestion for that is that you make these "infected" either zombie looking, or make them walk diffrently, more agressivly, or simply change the whole skin to a mutilated version of what they ussed to be.

Now the Mandolorian skin was quite good, but if posible please try to vary with diffrent skins to diffrent types of mandalorians.
The weapons were well made, that's a plus part for me, the only thing i did not like so much was the sniper rifle.
The skin was epic, but the double bolt, and the heavy recoil made it a weapon more for close range then sniping.
As a sniper having to shoot your enemy between the legs to make the second bullet combined with the recoil hit it's head isn't really a nice thing to do, snipers aim for the head to hit it.....so if posible please change that in the future.

Something i would like to be added in the future are vehicles, maybe a space battle with modded fighters? or even a space and ground battle at the same time.

Color:
I alwayes remembered a bright galaxy from the SW movies, i understand the "infected" will darken the world, but please add some color, i can barely see anything.
Also maybe putting darkness where your enemies arrive and putting something light, the sun, anything where you defend against them.

The music:
now this is a delicate part for me.
I love how you added the gladiator theme, and some FOC wasn't bad either....but..
IDK what others think, but personally the SW music, for me it's epic.
Especially the SAD music parts, Meaning, order66, the fight between ani and Obi, those parts of the SW music is what i would expect in this mod....
I hope that with HvB4 this can be done.

This is something i REALLY, REALLY hate about that mod:
1- One of the maps presents a nice glitch.
2- Rhen var church? SERIOSLY? that map doesn't deserve the name it has.
Seriosly Rhen var is my favorite map, this one really ruined that name, do you know how long it took me to found this glich when i spawned?
15 seconds.....

And this is the only [m'kay] map iv'e ever seen having a glitch in a glitch

Please let these comments or suggestions not demorolise you fasty.
The mod is Great, i'm just saying the Pros, the cons and the Posible improovements in my eyes.

PS. Please trolls(Grrrrrr) start Trolling my bad game/Mod review skills, or start taking it out on my grammer, because honestly i don't give a [m'kay]

MT :ugeek:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Re: HvB3 review(for fasty)

Postby [m'kay] » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 pm

How the [m'kay] do you not include me in trolls. I am [m'kay] offended.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Nargotah wrote:How the [m'kay] do you not include me in trolls. I am [m'kay] offended.

I did not mean to offend you.
But you seem to troll easier targets, while the "other" seems to attack me with the same argument over and over again.

IT may be strange , but you seem to troll either easy pray, or people who deserve it, deep down your a good guy :mrgreen: (now guess if i said that to offend you or not :whistling: )
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby FuzzBall » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:40 am

i just got it yesterday,it's fun,and cool.Let's give a hand to Fasty!!! :clap:
FuzzBall
Community Member

Postby ӺȁȿŧƔ » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:56 am

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:To start with, the "infected" were just walking like zombies, while not looking as them.
My sugestion for that is that you make these "infected" either zombie looking, or make them walk diffrently, more agressivly, or simply change the whole skin to a mutilated version of what they ussed to be.

The person who was going to make skins for us quit and I'm not very artistic. Yes we failed with skins for the most part but you can't say that this skin isn't awsome.
(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:The weapons were well made, that's a plus part for me, the only thing i did not like so much was the sniper rifle.
The skin was epic, but the double bolt, and the heavy recoil made it a weapon more for close range then sniping.
As a sniper having to shoot your enemy between the legs to make the second bullet combined with the recoil hit it's head isn't really a nice thing to do, snipers aim for the head to hit it.....so if posible please change that in the future.

At one point we had the kick twice as powerful than it is now. It is a very powerful sniper rifle that does a lot of damage so that's why the kicks so strong.
(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Something i would like to be added in the future are vehicles, maybe a space battle with modded fighters? or even a space and ground battle at the same time.

We thought of doing a space map but never got around to it. Vehicles would be cool, just another thing we didn't get around to and didn't have time to work on.
(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Color:
I always remembered a bright galaxy from the SW movies, i understand the "infected" will darken the world, but please add some color, i can barely see anything.
Also maybe putting darkness where your enemies arrive and putting something light, the sun, anything where you defend against them.

Yes there's definitely a dark theme going on but you have to realize that the only map I personally made was Corellia. All the other maps were made by other members.

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:The music:
now this is a delicate part for me.
I love how you added the gladiator theme, and some FOC wasn't bad either....but..
IDK what others think, but personally the SW music, for me it's epic.
Especially the SAD music parts, Meaning, order66, the fight between ani and Obi, those parts of the SW music is what i would expect in this mod....
I hope that with HvB4 this can be done.

The complete soundtrack list is on our forums. Yes, we didn't do a lot of Star Wars music but I wanted to be more original than that. The Duel Of Fates music has been heard so much before, it is even in the stock game.

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:This is something i REALLY, REALLY hate about that mod:
1- One of the maps presents a nice glitch.
2- Rhen var church? SERIOSLY? that map doesn't deserve the name it has.
Seriosly Rhen var is my favorite map, this one really ruined that name, do you know how long it took me to found this glich when i spawned?
15 seconds.....

And this is the only [m'kay] map iv'e ever seen having a glitch in a glitch

The Rhen Var map was not made by be at all. I have nothing to do with that but if you join our server, you'll see we have 0 tolerance towards glitchers and ban on sight.

Also I am very aware of that hole on Jabiim. It's actually so popular I have a name for it. The "idiot hole" since you're an idiot for trying to use it. You die when you go in it.
ӺȁȿŧƔ
Community Member

Xfire: Fasty002

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:The person who was going to make skins for us quit and I'm not very artistic. Yes we failed with skins for the most part but you can't say that this skin isn't awsome.

Touché

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:At one point we had the kick twice as powerful than it is now. It is a very powerful sniper rifle that does a lot of damage so that's why the kicks so strong.

Yes i know, it's zoom is epic, but i was more doing no-scopes(altough it has one) then anything else...

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:We thought of doing a space map but never got around to it. Vehicles would be cool, just another thing we didn't get around to and didn't have time to work on.

Well in-case you can get to do them in HvB4 try either doing personalised vehicles, or make the infected vehicles a mix of the pilot and the vehicle, like it isn't a vehicle but it just is the infected.
Also having "the basilisc" seen in KOTOR2 of the madolorians and being able to pilot it sould be great for this mod.

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:Yes there's definitely a dark theme going on but you have to realize that the only map I personally made was Corellia. All the other maps were made by other members.

Yea i sometimes forget that.....

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:The complete soundtrack list is on our forums. Yes, we didn't do a lot of Star Wars music but I wanted to be more original than that. The Duel Of Fates music has been heard so much before, it is even in the stock game.

Yea but you can only really hear it when you get a hero on conquest, and even then you hear it 30 seconds before you get mine rused :roll:

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:The Rhen Var map was not made by be at all. I have nothing to do with that but if you join our server, you'll see we have 0 tolerance towards glitchers and ban on sight.

I know you didn't made that map, i'm keen on the rhen var releases.
But this map is so buggy the bots even glitch by accident, so i wouldn't have put this map in this mod.
Maybe another rhen var? but this one :-|

ӺȁȿŧƔ wrote:Also I am very aware of that hole on Jabiim. It's actually so popular I have a name for it. The "idiot hole" since you're an idiot for trying to use it. You die when you go in it.

:lol:

MT :mrgreen:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 am

Is HvB3 the name of the server?
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby ATCStewart » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:59 pm

HvB Community Server.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby grrrrrrrrrr » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:22 pm

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:
Nargotah wrote:How the [m'kay] do you not include me in trolls. I am [m'kay] offended.

I did not mean to offend you.
But you seem to troll easier targets, while the "other" seems to attack me with the same argument over and over again.

IT may be strange , but you seem to troll either easy pray, or people who deserve it, deep down your a good guy :mrgreen: (now guess if i said that to offend you or not :whistling: )

You ARE an easy target, just FYI. If you were under the impression that your "logic" was somehow affecting me and that you were awing me with your "comebacks", you need to get a [m'kay] brain, [female dog].

And I think you're calling trolling good, since you're actually defending Narg - aren't you the kid leading the big crusade against the "trolls" of the forum?
grrrrrrrrrr
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:23 pm

I'm pretty sure MT is older than you, so I don't see why you're calling him a kid.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II