Gamerz vs SWGO Triathlon Scrim

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Gamerz vs SWGO Triathlon Scrim

Postby Darth Crater » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:50 am

Might be interesting. Count me in on SWGO's side for heroes; I can play inf or space as well if you need to fill slots (but would greatly prefer not to play on Hoth).
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby sinty » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:05 am

Dread wrote:#1, you're not retired, you're on FFA almost every night. #2 I picked maps people have installed and would like to play with large teams. Finally, you should be flattered. You are the inspiration for including conquest and space because of your "UBER skills" in JBA. Put on some tags and show up. God knows you have nothing better to do. Or should I say, your Mom knows you have nothing better to do.

Without Mandy, Force and CB abuse in heroes and 14 to help you in space, and tanks/speeders on Hoth...I say SWGO would wreck you and your team. And you are like 38 years old, Dread. LOL! I say hush up, take some Osteo Prime tablets, go camp a roof with aayla while you hump Leggz who begs you to buy him yet another computer.

WHAT THE HELLLLLL ITS NOT EVEN TOUCHING MEEEEEEE!!!! :DDDD
sinty
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

Well for me it would depend on what time, my timezone is GTM +1 so what would the time be for me?
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Sir Bang » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:55 am

I'm with Corpse on this one, games at midnight are a no-no.
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Postby ATCStewart » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 pm

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Well for me it would depend on what time, my timezone is GTM +1 so what would the time be for me?

1 A.M. :eek:
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:03 pm

ATCStewart wrote:
(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:Well for me it would depend on what time, my timezone is GTM +1 so what would the time be for me?

1 A.M. :eek:
Just drink an ass-load of Red Bull or Nos…you'll be fine. :gunsmilie:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby KOko » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Me and Matt got a team once... we used to play in 3-4am my time and we still won most of our matches...

The funnier thingie is that most players who want to participate (Mandalore, Doves, etc.) are not even active SWGO members.

Dread, what do you rly try to accomplish, comming from community that was made of strong core of competitive players and keeping being competitive after all this time, and here asking for a match with a community that never ever got its own competition team? Cmooon man, it's silly. And dont tell me it's for the fun, because your guys cannot play for fun. They keep on CB camping even on FFA server with only mediocre players arround, and this believe me, is not funny at all.

This only reminds for our last match Dread... after the nice start of 4-2 for me against your Obi CD-spamming, you moved to Aayla dash-spam with all the dirty misplaced tricks you know... if you need to prove yourself so badly - its ok for me - you win! Go home and keep on feeling superior.

PS: (from GMRZ forums)
by ProfessorDread on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:37 am

anyone interested please make certain to have teamspeak 3 installed and configured (read: test it BEFORE match time) so we can coordinate players and substitutions. This can be real fun or a real pain. Its up to the participants to keep it the former and avoid the latter.

It is before the C7 meeting so hopefully our Council members can be well represented. Come and talk to and compete with your fellow community members and kick some but while doing it.

it feels GREAT to win!

Kinda proving my point - you challenged a non-competitive community so you can feel better from the win?
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:00 pm

1AM...... :wheelchair:

@Koko
+1
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 pm

KOko wrote:Me and Matt got a team once... we used to play in 3-4am my time and we still won most of our matches...

The funnier thingie is that most players who want to participate (Mandalore, Doves, etc.) are not even active SWGO members.

Dread, what do you rly try to accomplish, comming from community that was made of strong core of competitive players and keeping being competitive after all this time, and here asking for a match with a community that never ever got its own competition team? Cmooon man, it's silly. And dont tell me it's for the fun, because your guys cannot play for fun. They keep on CB camping even on FFA server with only mediocre players arround, and this believe me, is not funny at all.

I was watching a long running forum post of multiple players wanting play a competitive scrim against ?(Bots?). NO ONE at SWGO seems to be able to organize anything! Gamerz does these things all the time. Melee Master, Ironman, Black Ops Gunslinger. I DO think it will be fun. Sure we have more historically competitive players, but from the sounds of your forum posts a lot of your guys fancy themselves competitors too. Let them try, see what it's like with what is left of the competitive community.

I'm not trying to stack any deck nor set anything up. For conquest it was between Hoth and Geo (most other maps are speed runs to capture cp's and end the round quickly). Hoth offered a more diverse set of tools, with speeders, turrets, ATST and ATATs. With a high ticket count and tanks/turrets the round can last awhile and go either way.

Space Yavin CTF is HANDS DOWN the best selection for space play. There should be no grousing about this selection in GCW.

Hero Assault is a Force On map where your guys have there most experience. Limiting the pullers makes it more even from side to side. And of course using Force On, negates a lot of the "cb and nasty tricks" you decry.

Regarding the post on Gamerz forums, I obviously have a different audience to speak to. Old competitors and new joins who want some competition. In my own house I'm gonna talk some trash. I think it can be fun, friendly and competitive at the same time. If you don't, then you are just a sore loser.

Bottom line, it'll be as fun as each player wants to make it. It's as fair as I can draw it up and I hope to see a large number of participants, both old and new.
Last edited by ProfessorDreadNaught on Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby ATCStewart » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Completely slipped my mind, tommorrow is my birthday, won't be able to participate. If I have time I'll be sure to spectate.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II