All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Gamerz vs SWGO Triathlon Scrim

Postby sinty » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 am

im not happy, you didnt comment about the video or slander his name :P
sinty
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:38 am

...but he's a legend... what else can you say?
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Mandalore » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:40 am

As much as I dislike Leggz, in all honesty he's better than most of the players here by a very long shot, I would say he would beat everyone here with the exception of myself and Sinty and possibility DC depending on how DC was handling Aayla spam that day. He is possibly the greatest crowd control player I have ever seen in any game. While most of the Gmrz team sucks incredibly on an individual level, Leggz enabled them to play at a much higher level than what they would have other wise. In all honesty, I can't say any one here has a better team presence than Leggz does. Even if he is a giant ass hole.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby sinty » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:11 am

I am not sure what you mean by crowd control...crowd control via Aayla? and excessive block abuse? The only type of control he has over anyone else is purely psychological. Everyone knows he will abuse Aayla and swoop in when its safe and only when its safe for a swift kill steal. He's not good for anything else in the slightest, just like Pad72 :P
sinty
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:44 am

@Madalore

I don't know leggz myself, he never speaks but when he does it's bannable.
But as for his gameplay:

In conquest he can only play as a engy, on TK off a engy is overpowered by itself.
Besides the part that everyone says bullets bounce off that guy his gameplay is Rush, rush and rush some more.
He will come to you head on, untill you kill him once, and then he will just come in from behind and rush you.

In HA he will play Alaya, the EASIEST caracter in the game.
Last time i saw him on HA he started off as a ayala CD spamming everyone, and CBing every attack, and when a vader would come he would flee to the safety of the wall.
Same here, at first he will CD you in a fair way, head on, and when i started to beat him he started sneaking around, and when that didn't work Guess what? he started pulling.
Crouwd control? Seriosly in HA any guy with some expirience can easely dominate the whole map by himself.

So if playing "by a higher lever" means playing like a total noob even tough he is here since day 1 then yes He's an epic player..

PS. Please check out HA dc from time to time :mrgreen:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Mandalore » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:28 pm

And this is where you two prove your pub players, not that there's anything wrong with that. (Yes, I do know you played GWL quite a bit sinty, don't get your panties in a knot. :P)
First, to Minas, I didn't mention conquest. He's terrible at it.
Secondly, when I talk about crowd control, I'm talking about how much he changes the tactical environment and can dictate play styles to the opposing team. The exact things you guys think are "nooby" are exactly the things that make Leggz succeed in competition. He plays Aayla with a lot of speed and generally his precision isn't bad either. For an example of crowd control, you have just stunned a team mate of Leggz. If Leggz is standing near to you and he's waiting to see what you do, odds are that you will wait, because you know that he will probably get you. While this occurs with most match ups between players it's interesting to see who Leggz can do it to. He's one of the few people I think twice about before I commit to an action because he's very good at punishing. And EXACTLY Sinty, it's all about psychology! Like it or not, people DO fear his ability to spam.

I was talking about No-Force Minas. I can't recall playing Leggz in a force match so I won't talk about what his abilities, if any, are.

As for "noobiness" I will yet again address this concept because clearly people still haven't learned. There is no such thing. There are easier to learn play styles and play styles that are over-powered, but that doesn't mean they're nooby. In fact, most of the time "nooby" things are generally what get the pros wins.

Again, this is just an unbiased view of Leggz' abilities. He is a gigantic [derriere orifice] who has pretty much doomed Gmrz by pushing away most of the big name talent and leaders away from them time and time again.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Mandalore wrote:Secondly, when I talk about crowd control, I'm talking about how much he changes the tactical environment and can dictate play styles to the opposing team.

My bad, i tought you meant it literally(since i only do HA dc) and there you can easely see a camping alaya dominate a whole group of forcers.

Mandalore wrote:As for "noobiness" I will yet again address this concept because clearly people still haven't learned. There is no such thing. There are easier to learn play styles and play styles that are over-powered, but that doesn't mean they're nooby. In fact, most of the time "nooby" things are generally what get the pros wins.

I'm just asking me, if somone were to take the easiest learnable caracter, the same caracter that is actually overpowered, in this case a alaya that has a unbreakable 1hit kill dash.
A mash that will knock down anything in it's range, and a BS that DOESN'T miss, meaning even if the blades aren't going back it will still knock down the oponent(not sure if you will understand what i mean)
Anyone i know can easely learn how to control an Ayala, i can easly dominate whole the map vs any pusher while i no-force(chokers just CB in a corner and choke)

For a long time i tought like you did mandalore, Who are we to decide what is noobish? he just plays a caracter that any new player can quickly get kills with.
But if you say (altough EVERYONE agrees on it) that we cannot decide what is nooby then who are others to decide what is Being a "pro"

Because personally having to kill the enemy:

-From behind
-By camping
-By Sking
-By KS
-By playing the easiest caracter

To actually get Kills and "dominate the map" isn't in my eyes being a Pro, it's just being a coward that gets kills, just like a camping alaya puller, that also KSes and SKes in order to get anyone, this isn't MY Point of view, it's Anyone i know in HA dc's view.

PS. i know from expirience, as all who are here more then a year and were actively playing in SWGO HA sould know how much i would do ALL these things just to get a kill
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Mandalore » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:30 pm

To answer your question, pros are people who have gotten monetary reward for their efforts ingame. In SWBF2 this group includes myself, iOn, Turbotails, Vendatta, Yoni, and whoever got the money from the conquest tournament {MM} won last time around. I Forget the three that did. xD I think it was Ven, Sunny, and Doves maybe?

As to who is a good player? One way is to look at competition stats, and Leggz is probably #3 in terms of team no force matches behind myself and iOn. (On average) In Hero Assault, another way is to look at versatility and character depth which Leggz isn't too good on. Not bad, but not good. And Minas, I mean no offense, but on open ground Leggz would destroy you in no force.

And people are still fighting against Aayla's purported Over Poweredness? Really? She ain't nothing but a [female dog] to any good Grievous. She is the most powerful hero character, but on balance with the villains she needs that power to fight Vader, Maul, and GG. And as that video shows she has definite weak spots vs Maul and I can attest to her weakness vs Vader and Grievous.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Don't forget to have fun. :whistling:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:03 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:Don't forget to have fun. :whistling:

Lol..indeed MD :lol:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

PreviousNext