Weird Repetative Vote kick?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Weird Repetative Vote kick?

Postby (SWGO)KT » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Okay so yesterday, Doug accidentally TK's a player once, says sorry whatever. Few minutes later, the vote message came up to kick him for TK. I knew vlying was disabled and I was like why is this happening? Anyhow, Doug gets kicked, comes back and the voting message appears AGAIN. You couldn't vote this time but again, he was kicked. He comes back and the message shows up AGAIN. only this time, it seems voting has been abled. I voted no, as did others I'm sure because we all thought it was strange. But he gets kicked again. He comes back, same thing only we can't vote. He gets kicked and I leave. Later that day, we were both playing and the message to kick him comes up again! I have no idea what's going on..... :/
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Re: Weird Repetative Vote kick?

Postby Matt-Chicago » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:46 pm

This is an exploit some people have recently figured out.
If we knew who it was Doug TK'd that might be a clue.

To any potential exploiters reading this - we don't care what you call it - doing the vote to boot on our servers which do not have that featured enabled will be regarded as hacking and you will be banned from all SWGO servers for doing it.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby fightingclam » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 pm

(SWGO)KT wrote:Okay so yesterday, Doug accidentally TK's a player once, says sorry whatever. Few minutes later, the vote message came up to kick him for TK. I knew vlying was disabled and I was like why is this happening? Anyhow, Doug gets kicked, comes back and the voting message appears AGAIN. You couldn't vote this time but again, he was kicked. He comes back and the message shows up AGAIN. only this time, it seems voting has been abled. I voted no, as did others I'm sure because we all thought it was strange. But he gets kicked again. He comes back, same thing only we can't vote. He gets kicked and I leave. Later that day, we were both playing and the message to kick him comes up again! I have no idea what's going on..... :/

Doug had been asking about that on JBA yesterday. Is there a player who's always been on when doug's been on? Maybe he's the one doing that. The only time that Doug said it's been happening to him is when there is not an actual admin on, monitoring the game.
-Clam :star-wars-smiley-026:
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby deadmeow » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 pm

I would vote to boot Doug, but I would miss out on too many noob kills! (joke)
:clap:
deadmeow
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)KT » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Doug said there was this guy giving him trouble on JBA and he thought it could be him.
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Postby fightingclam » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Any idea who this guy is?
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby WD-40 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Which SWGO server was this on? For sure JBA?
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby KOko » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:35 am

(SWGO)KT wrote:Okay so yesterday, Doug accidentally TK's a player once, says sorry whatever.

WD-40 wrote:Which SWGO server was this on? For sure JBA?

yeah...
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:13 pm

KOko wrote:
(SWGO)KT wrote:Okay so yesterday, Doug accidentally TK's a player once, says sorry whatever.

WD-40 wrote:Which SWGO server was this on? For sure JBA?

yeah...

I know HA has TK, but I've witnessed TK on JBA as well. Heck, I even did it with a sniper rifle when a team mate jumped right in front of my rifle as I fire the shot off. Great headshot though. :whistling:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby (SWGO)KT » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 pm

No the vote kick was on HA DC. Doug said he had pissed this guy off from JBA and he thought that guy could have done it. Idk who it was.
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II