Switching up the rotation

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Switching up the rotation

Postby NukesAway » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Anyone else think it'd be a fun idea to add some new modes and maps to the rotation? We always play the same maps and in the same mode, how come we only see CTF on Tantive IV and Coruscant and Hunt on Hoth? Hunting Tuskens in Mos Eisley would be fun, so would be fighting on Endor or Dagobah. CTF would be fun on Naboo or wherever, just changing up a few things would make the server a little better. Variety is the spice of life. Pretty please :mrgreen:
NukesAway
Community Member

Re: Switching up the rotation

Postby TaTerToT » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:31 am

I agree, that would be fun. I'd also like to see Kashyyyk once in a while, but would love to see atleast 2 space maps every 8 battles or so.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby (SWGO)=JAWS=Floob{havoc} » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Endor, Dagobah, Yavin, and Kashyyyk all have tons of foliage, which gives us lag and all that crap. We used to have Kashyyyk in the rotation, but I don't know if we still have it. As for space, most people don't really like space battles, which is why they are very infrequent. If we played space more, we would lose lots of players. I agree with the Mos Eisley Hunt and Naboo CTF though.

-Floob
(SWGO)=JAWS=Floob{havoc}
Community Member

Postby NukesAway » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:30 pm

(SWGO)=JAWS=Floob{havoc} wrote:Endor, Dagobah, Yavin, and Kashyyyk all have tons of foliage, which gives us lag and all that crap. We used to have Kashyyyk in the rotation, but I don't know if we still have it. As for space, most people don't really like space battles, which is why they are very infrequent. If we played space more, we would lose lots of players. I agree with the Mos Eisley Hunt and Naboo CTF though.

-Floob

Kashyyyk is gone, but how would foliage give us more lag? We have tons of lag already on the maps that get crowded such as Tantive and Polis Massa, yet we still play those. Every map we've played I've had lag on at one point of another, except maybe Mygetto, can't recall lagging there
NukesAway
Community Member

Postby fightingclam » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:53 pm

NukesAway wrote:
(SWGO)=JAWS=Floob{havoc} wrote:Endor, Dagobah, Yavin, and Kashyyyk all have tons of foliage, which gives us lag and all that crap. We used to have Kashyyyk in the rotation, but I don't know if we still have it. As for space, most people don't really like space battles, which is why they are very infrequent. If we played space more, we would lose lots of players. I agree with the Mos Eisley Hunt and Naboo CTF though.

-Floob

Kashyyyk is gone, but how would foliage give us more lag? We have tons of lag already on the maps that get crowded such as Tantive and Polis Massa, yet we still play those. Every map we've played I've had lag on at one point of another, except maybe Mygetto, can't recall lagging there

I lag almost everywhere BUT Tantive and Polis massa :whistling:
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 am

i don't know how many threads like these were made over the time, but anyway...
SWGO bases it's rotacion on what people prefer.
Although 2-4 players here prefer maps like mygeeto most players don't.
Hence why maps such as endor, yavin4 and most huge massve tank maps aren't added to tne rotacion, or only 1 era is added.
Also these maps you name are known for having a lot of lag problems.

Mt
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby fightingclam » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:24 am

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:i don't know how many threads like these were made over the time, but anyway...
SWGO bases it's rotacion on what people prefer.
Although 2-4 players here prefer maps like mygeeto most players don't.
Hence why maps such as endor, yavin4 and most huge massve tank maps aren't added to tne rotacion, or only 1 era is added.
Also these maps you name are known for having a lot of lag problems.

Mt

Hoth is "Popular"? :eek:
I'm suprised at that, cause both Conquest and Hunt there are rigged in the Rebels' favor
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 am

fightingclam wrote:
I'm suprised at that, cause both Conquest and Hunt there are rigged in the Rebels' favor

The maps aren't in favor of anyone.
When i have a lower ping i can easely shoot down speeders with At-Ats or turrets.
The problem is that most expirienced players will rejoin to get a speeder.
As for hunt anyone who played a little ha can dominate rebels since it's very similar as playing with windu.

Ps. When i said 1 era i was talking about conquest, hoth and hoth hunt aren't the same maps.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby fightingclam » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 pm

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:
fightingclam wrote:

When i have a lower ping i can easely shoot down speeders with At-Ats or turrets.
As for hunt anyone who played a little ha can dominate rebels since it's very similar as playing with windu.

Ps. When i said 1 era i was talking about conquest, hoth and hoth hunt aren't the same maps.

Good point :P
feel :wheelchair: now......
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Postby NukesAway » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:06 am

(SWGO)MinasThirith wrote:
fightingclam wrote:

Polis Massa does favor the Rebs and CIS though, since basically the only way the Imps/Reps can win is if they swing around from 6 and capture the base CPs of the CIS/Rebs. No way they're going to hold CP3 the way the map is made, and then after that they get trapped down in CP 1 and CP2
NukesAway
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II