LOl Neji do you know syler? he is one of my friends in real life...LOL
In The words of my father..."Come to the dark side. We have Cookies."
(SWGO)Platinum
Community Member

Xfire: platinum501
Steam ID: Smolderboy

Re: Possibility

Postby Doves » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:07 am

And infinite choke isn't skilless? Atleast you can block a pull.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 am

id love to do that, id also like to 1on1 you neji.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby {JOG}Neji » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:44 am

Using choke itself takes skilll, but without infinite choke you can't secure over half your kills... which is pretty retarded.

Yeah if you want to hit me up for a 1on1, I'll do it. No idea when though.
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:58 am

just saying infinite choke is as bad as double pull, since with single pull it's quite hard to be sure a maul does't mash you before you hit him.
So if you allow infinites, you sould allow double pull wich equals a NAA server just without camping.
Last edited by (SWGO)Minas_Thirith on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Corpse » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:03 am

{JOG}Neji wrote:
Like I said I want to try and include every aspect of jedi in this. Advanced techniques, all force abilities, all aspects to make gameplay more intense.

Trying to prohibit double pulling and spawn camping contradicts the above. And spawn camping does require skill to repeatedly catch players off-guard and be fast enough to kill them before they realise what's happening. Plus they can always spawn elsewhere.

I'm less bothered about allowing double pulling. Personally, I dislike it, but it seems unfair to ban it.
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Commander Sparrow » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:51 am

{JOG}Neji wrote:Using choke itself takes skilll, but without infinite choke you can't secure over half your kills... which is pretty retarded.

Yeah if you want to hit me up for a 1on1, I'll do it. No idea when though.

I say "yes" to infinite force choke! It's so much fun to do when you're The Emperor. Infinite Choke-Shocking your enemy and shouting "UNLIIIIMIITTEEEED POWWEEEERRRRRRR!!!" is something I'd love to do.

38 supports 100%.

*Lets out an evil laugh* :twisted:
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:47 am

Personally I do not like anything that has infinite associated with it for this game. Players who use infinites are using exploits to overcome others which in my opinion shows lack of respect and skill. Having a server with infinite chokers, blockers, pushers etc does not seem much fun. There are a number of players currently on the SWGO server that this kind of server would be ideal for and who we as admins have noticed are on the fine edge between right and wrong (exploits) for our HA rules.

I do see a lot of skilled players using CB excessively to get them out of trouble and prevent them from dying. In the SW universe you don't see Obi, mace or others rotating around the enemy to face towards the centre of the screen, saying "look no damage" :lol: . When I see someone CBing excessively to prevent death I'll affored them a push from behind as that is all they deserve of my time/effort. On rare occasions I'll CB them back and allow them to make the mistake and kill them that way however this is way boring, not fun, not how I normally play and very time consuming when you have multiple players attacking you.

If you are replacing CB with Infinite block then that makes no sense either. Banning SK and other elements of the game like pulling etc wouldn't work for some people.

Having a server where you are constrained to using certain moves but then allowing what most of us know as exploits kinda goes against how I and others like to play the game.

To have a server populated needs to have a straight forward set of rule otherwise it removes the fun. Having to admin such a server would be difficult but that's based upon the server having large numbers but again that depends upon how many people like to play using exploits.

I think we also need to be careful of introducing what is an exploit server minus the wall glitching under the banner of SWGO. The transference of players between the current HA server and the VIP server and vice versa could see more warnings/bans appearing due to exploits being used on the current HA server. You know how many whines we get from players about admin abuse well be prepared to see an increase if this server appears with a SWGO tag on it. Keeping it separate from having an SWGO tag might be the better idea but that's one for MattC and the admin team to discuss.

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby {JOG}Neji » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Well if exploits like infinite choke are going to be allowed, I see no problem with double pulling.

As for the spawn killing, Kren... Honestly, where's the skill in that? I can just stand on top of a building and keep pushing people down for kills mashing a whole 2 buttons. It's pathetic how easy it makes kills to get. Lol.

And no... infinite block is not allowed. Perfect block (c-block, whatever you guys call it) is allowed but not to be completely abused.

PS2 once played with the same exact rules on PC. We stopped that mid 2007 and we had a few groups of players come up with a new mind-set, and the game has been using it ever since. Even the old school players like our new rules better, I guess it just depends on the crop of people you've got.

If this isn't going to be SWGO rules, then I will name it (JOG}*VIP* (After JOG on PS2, my clan.) That way when players transition to SWGO servers they will know the rule-set there completely and have no excuse to pull stupid crap.

I am just trying to get a ball rolling here. Try some new things for PC and see if other players like it. We'll see how it ends up. :P
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:30 pm

{JOG}Neji wrote:Well if exploits like infinite choke are going to be allowed, I see no problem with double pulling.

As for the spawn killing, Kren... Honestly, where's the skill in that? I can just stand on top of a building and keep pushing people down for kills mashing a whole 2 buttons. It's pathetic how easy it makes kills to get. Lol.

And no... infinite block is not allowed. Perfect block (c-block, whatever you guys call it) is allowed but not to be completely abused.

If this isn't going to be SWGO rules, then I will name it (JOG}*VIP* (After JOG on PS2, my clan.) That way when players transition to SWGO servers they will know the rule-set there completely and have no excuse to pull stupid crap.

I am just trying to get a ball rolling here. Try some new things for PC and see if other players like it. We'll see how it ends up. :P

I never mentioned SK btw. On that subject, yes it is annoying but can be overcome by spawning elsewhere so not really a difficult one. The other one roof camping using pull again can be frustrating but again overcome by not getting near to the building, using block and a character like vader to go up there and choke them. I mean wheres the skill in using infinite choke or block...comon an exploit is an exploit but if that is how u PS2 guys play then that's up to u.

By all means get the ball rolling see what happens and good luck with it Neji.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II