Alternative methods of getting onto roofs in hero assault.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Alternative methods of getting onto roofs in hero assaul

Postby Mandalore » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:39 am

The game is not kicking. It's currently buried. Even the last few tournaments (2008-2010) have been a joke in hero assault. iOn and I beat every high tier by double digits. Granted Exor and Tyro didn't play, which would have made things a lot more interesting imo.
Anti-falls are cross platform, and are not luck. Most of them require quite a bit of precision. Given that most require a bit of turning speed, I doubt that the console players can execute some of them just because they lack the speed.
Do you have any gameplay videos up, Nejji?
Kren, iOn would destroy you so thoroughly it would be sad. You're quite the annoying player in force, I hate your play style, but iOn would out think you at every turn whether in a 1v1 or a team situation. You do well with hit and run though, I give you that

Edit: Saw some of your footage in a team match against BoT, and 1v1s against Inferno and Mini? Nimi? Something like that. You're a solid player, but in truth the opponents on PS2 from what I've seen are just god damn horrible. In the BoT match there was a guy playing grevious. In force on. I hope that wasn't a serious deal. You go Grevious in force once you've completely humiliated your opponent or in a pub.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:37 am

Well mandy altough many high tier players left i think you would be surpised what people do in HA ussing force...
Since you never play there :dots:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Corpse » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:52 am

No he wouldn't. :whistling:
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby Mace Hindu » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:08 am

Minas unless you have played in the private servers of groups like {MM} and ^arrows^ [GFAQ] with players like mandalore, cyk, and ion back in like 2007 you have no idea what kind of level of skill the old retired players had. i was only a wee little noob then but the few hours i got to spend in the private servers once i started improving just blew my mind. modern players dont hold a candle to them and us few half decent players who remained cant get to that level because there is no inventive to now that everyone is gone and its hard to improve when the best remaining players can only be found in pubs.

A game where the "pros" play pubs more than privates is a dead game, i dont even play competitive tf2 but im rarely ever caught in a pub on it.
(SWGO)^Mace Hindu^-GMRZ-
Representing for New Zealand SWBF2 since 2006
Mace Hindu
Community Member

Xfire: thepowerofhindu

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Mandalore wrote:The game is not kicking. It's currently buried. Even the last few tournaments (2008-2010) have been a joke in hero assault. iOn and I beat every high tier by double digits. Granted Exor and Tyro didn't play, which would have made things a lot more interesting imo.
Anti-falls are cross platform, and are not luck. Most of them require quite a bit of precision. Given that most require a bit of turning speed, I doubt that the console players can execute some of them just because they lack the speed.
Kren, iOn would destroy you so thoroughly it would be sad. You're quite the annoying player in force, I hate your play style, but iOn would out think you at every turn whether in a 1v1 or a team situation. You do well with hit and run though, I give you that

Edit: Saw some of your footage in a team match against BoT, and 1v1s against Inferno and Mini? Nimi? Something like that. You're a solid player, but in truth the opponents on PS2 from what I've seen are just god damn horrible. In the BoT match there was a guy playing grevious. In force on. I hope that wasn't a serious deal. You go Grevious in force once you've completely humiliated your opponent or in a pub.

The game is still alive but I suppose it might not be for you or whatever context you are saying the game is dead. There are multiple servers up and running on version 1.0 and quite a number on 1.1. Just because this is not via the competitive mode of ladders etc does not mean the game is dead.

Mandi it is a shame i0n etc is no longer around or any of the better players as a lot of what you refer to happened in the past and since then players have improved. I would love to see these players appear on SWGO HA to see how they would compare to others in that environment and if they are really as good as you are making out. I have difficulty with my connection and my location from the servers, if that was better then you would see a different play style but given the limitations I have to put up with it proves difficult at the best of times especially on US servers, it lags like crazy at my end. I don't see you frequenting SWGO HA anymore and even on my poor connection I cannot say you were any better than a number of the players who frequent the servers now and that's my observation. I am not trying to insult the perception you have of yourself (and others) in anyway or what you have achieved through the matches you have played but tbh you were not that difficult to beat by other players and me.
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Mandalore » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Lol, I haven't really played on the SWGO servers since the first six months of playing. I played on them for the first time about two weeks ago and my scores were the best in the server (played with you and MD). I think this was when Stewart kicked me. :P

And to be honest, most players really haven't gotten better. The meta game also hasn't really progressed since 2008, and the players who were at the pinnacle then would still be the pinnacle now if they returned to playing.

I do agree about the lag thing though, anything over 150+ is murder. I stopped playing on the force servers because they were starting to lag annoying at around 120 ping. I've played on some Euro servers before for ESL so I feel your pain. xD

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Corpse » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 pm

Next time you're going to play at least tell me. >.<
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-Douglas Adams.
Corpse
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: rottencorpse94
Origin ID: Fupa_iAm

Postby {JOG}Neji » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Mandalore wrote:The game is not kicking. It's currently buried. Even the last few tournaments (2008-2010) have been a joke in hero assault. iOn and I beat every high tier by double digits. Granted Exor and Tyro didn't play, which would have made things a lot more interesting imo.

Lol that was just a scrimmage for fun. They had conquest players playing for them in that so we were just messing around. Solid...? LOL

I am curious about this iOn fellow.
Retired SWBF2 (PS2) Official 1on1 matches with a record of 300-1

Once a failure, always a failure.

Do you understand now? You have no way of beating me.

Your destiny is to lose!

All this time I've been called a genius, so I cannot lose.

{JOG}Neji
Community Member

Xfire: Lorchlis

Postby Mandalore » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Put up a triple digit prize for a tournament and you might get to see iOn and me. Preferably a no force tournament. Force on 1v1 is boring.

COMMANDER OTTO:
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby Mace Hindu » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:48 pm

lol i0n was a damn sexy player. Kren in all honesty do you think mandalore was trying? i for one dont try at swgo and top the boards easy when i force. i remember {MM}^Impy^ topping the scoreboards a few years ago after joining halfway through on a full swgo server using just a no force vader. the truth is all the good players who have left have created a vacuum filled by these new "pros" who dont have anywhere near the speed or dare i say it "skill" of all the old players
(SWGO)^Mace Hindu^-GMRZ-
Representing for New Zealand SWBF2 since 2006
Mace Hindu
Community Member

Xfire: thepowerofhindu

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II