Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Re: hi

Postby toad » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Jedi Power wrote:Welcome to Toad's group!

Fixed that 4 u :mrgreen:
|=======================================================|
toad
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:37 pm

toad wrote:
Jedi Power wrote:Welcome to KILL_the_Toad group!

Fixed that 4 u :mrgreen:

toad wrote:Fixed that 4 u :mrgreen:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Jedi Power » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Ahhhh... Kill the Toad group wins! :gunsmilie:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby toad » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 pm

I bet you bastards eat frog legs 2. :g:
|=======================================================|
toad
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:29 pm

toad wrote:I bet you bastards eat frog legs 2. :g:

Oommmmmmmggggggg frogs legs are soooooooooo good... But not as good as shark fin soup.. Mmmmm
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby fightingclam » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:56 pm

A_Hobo wrote:
toad wrote:I bet you bastards eat frog legs 2. :g:

shark fin soup.. Mmmmm[/quote

GTFO NAO :whistling:
ImageImage
fightingclam
Community Member

Xfire: fightingclam9

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Ya know, sharks are slaughtered just for those fins. Pretty weak when you consider most are endangered or close to it.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Hobo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 am

haasd0gg wrote:Ya know, sharks are slaughtered just for those fins. Pretty weak when you consider most are endangered or close to it.

Yeah, but it's not that different here. Livestock are slaughtered all the time in awful conditions all over America. We shoot down wolves that are also just as endangered as some sharks. And sharks are hunted because of a treasured culture in Japan and parts of Aisa. Where does it say that we can tell people, or entire nations when they can or can not cease their own culture that have been around for ages?

However, I do agree that the widespread practice of shark finning is increasing, but the only change I think should occur is that shark finners must haul the entire shark corpse back to port, not just the fins, which means the supply goes down. Yes, it is true that shark fins are very cheap, but if the supply goes down, then the price should rise.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby mrjamwin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:42 am

A_Hobo wrote:
haasd0gg wrote:Ya know, sharks are slaughtered just for those fins. Pretty weak when you consider most are endangered or close to it.

Yeah, but it's not that different here. Livestock are slaughtered all the time in awful conditions all over America. We shoot down wolves that are also just as endangered as some sharks. And sharks are hunted because of a treasured culture in Japan and parts of Aisa. Where does it say that we can tell people, or entire nations when they can or can not cease their own culture that have been around for ages?

However, I do agree that the widespread practice of shark finning is increasing, but the only change I think should occur is that shark finners must haul the entire shark corpse back to port, not just the fins, which means the supply goes down. Yes, it is true that shark fins are very cheap, but if the supply goes down, then the price should rise.

So let me correct you. When we slaughter a cow, pig or sheep etc. The majority of the animal does not go to waste. There is always some part of that animal that gets used or recycled. When people hunt sharks they cut the fin off and throw the carcass back into the sea. I've seen it and that's a total waste of an animal. Wolves are off the endangered list. Look it up. Wolves get shot because they're encroaching on ranchers properties and they kill the live stock. People aren't out there blantanly shooting wolves. The species is also regulated by the Division of Wildlife and a person can not arbitraly kill a wolf without just cause because if they do they can get fined and spend time in jail.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello