How's everything going? -Zephyr

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: How's everything going? -Zephyr

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:44 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:I have to vouch for Stelio. He has offered to play me no force when we were dueling one on one a coupla days ago. He owns me with a)Yoda b)Luke c)Chewy.

About the part where you say he's not German... I thought he was? Of course, I may be mistaken...

Well he speaks spanish to me all the time, but heck iv'e been out for too long to recall :lol:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 pm

WD-40 wrote:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:So mandy who still dwells on these forums changed it into DoD (dawn of destruction)

And here I thought it meant "Department of Defense". :-|

When I hear DoD, I think Day of Defeat.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby KOko » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:58 pm

it's a nice educative topic... so far Ive learned that:
pull = good
sneak = good
cb = experienced

I wish I knew this 5 years ago...
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:02 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:@Hobo

Just saying idk where you got the german part here, but stelio ain't german, as for gemans they tend to rule conquest mode, but it's the only thing they do, they don't do heroes, nor space

(SWGO)Kren wrote:OMG don't go down the 'honour' route, u'll only get all the 'i play no force' players coming out of the woodwork stating how bad HA force is. :eek:

Even tough i force in-game as well, i do have to say it is easy, it reminds me of base reaping the enemies spawn point in BC2, there isn't anything skillfull on it...and to be honest i ussed to be a no-forcer, but now if a person goes camping on me or dares to pull me a little too much ill just Sk them till they rage quit...

With this i mean that if someone does something noobish to me i will do it back, else ill just be a pushing maul around HA....

Also the main problem that i notice for no-forcers is that they no-force, wich is way harder then forcing, they are playing like this against forcers, and then forcers that tend to camp the roofs and pull the crap out of them "act" like what they are doing is skillfull, and i can assure you if a guy like stelio says "Pwned" after he just pulled the crap out of you..it's well frustrating and it creats arguments since you know what he did is the easiest kill you can get in this game...

MT

This bit is not aimed at you MT but the context of your reply assists with mine:

I think at the end of the day if you prefer to no force just don't expect others to do this and then complain others can't force. Players come to HA force to use the force element. If other players do not like this then go to a non force server.

The bit (paragraph) however MT that relates to you: stating that if a player does something noobish that you have to act in the same way does not make sense. Why become the thing you don't like as you simply become the same as them?

I notice that no forcers tend to rage on chat about force (Crazy Duck is a prime example here), rage quit because others won't comply to no force and they do not tend to last long on a force server as they cannot handle the gameplay. To say that these players are better does not make sense, i.e. because if they were better then they would remain and play irrespective of them being forced (pull, push, choke etc). Such players might be very good at no force and CB/CD but as I have mentioned before Star Wars has force included, especially on this server , if you want to whine about it in-game then please don't.

I do hope if they make a SWBF3 they include a duel element without force, CB/CD etc removed so these players can happily engage in duel and receive damage without relying certain in-built exploits to get you out of trouble. Equally so, Force need to be modified to ensure the use of it is not OTT as with some characters in SWBF2.

LOL...nice one Koko, that made me smile.

Regards,

Kren
:action-smiley-043:
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby Zephyr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:23 pm

mrjamwin wrote:Zephyr, your necroing of dead topics is starting to get annoying. Keep this [poo] up and we'll wish you didn't come back.

Huh? I've been gone so long idk what's going on, I want to find out.

Anyways, I agree that no-forcers who try to tell others to stop forcing are imposing themselves, since it's HA force allowed. I no force often, but I don't tell others to no force with me. I ask other experienced players if they want to as well, but I don't start complaining if they don't.

I do however complain whenever stelio starts pulling me a bunch.

The ultimate annoyances for me (which are gladly gone, as far as I know): Afro and Noobrevenge.

I found out what kind of person noobrevenge is when I saw a video by him talking about trolling people.

Anyways... It's so true that new players force a couple times then charge frantically. Gets them nulled every time ^_^
Zephyr
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 pm

(SWGO)Kren wrote:The bit (paragraph) however MT that relates to you: stating that if a player does something noobish that you have to act in the same way does not make sense. Why become the thing you don't like as you simply become the same as them?

That's the thing kren, i ussed to care about force and no-force, now i don't.
I will generally push in-game, there are some players however that i'm ussed to play against with no-force since i like a no-force fight from time to time.

Now i don't find forceing necesarely noobish, all forcing is easy but that doesn't make it noobish...however pull is overpowered, so if i notice someone who is just camping the roofs while pulling he will be SKed by me, i'm becomeing more and more like sinty, because this SKing makes them rage....
I could play the whole map sking everyone but it would be too easy...however i will make exceptions for persons who i can't stand, and i can stand the mix of pull camp :lol:

Don't worry krenny i won't sk you :lol: :lol:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Mandalore » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Game died. MM packed up. Name doesn't transfer well to other more "mature" games. And @ MT I pretty much just handed it over for good. I was interested in Battlefield 3 but I've heard it's not everything it's cracked up to be. [not a word] I still don't have internet on my desktop in any case. :P

Edit: And now Swine is stuck with the thankless task of organizing everythingggg! MWUAHAHAHAHA
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:11 pm

[not a word] is not a word. Anyone who uses it will be banned from life :evil:
I picked up bf3 yesterday, but probably won't get a chance to play until (maybe) this weekend.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:19 pm

haasd0gg wrote:[not a word] is not a word. Anyone who uses it will be banned from life :evil:

Oh hey, a fellow grammar Nazi! :clap:

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/[not a word]]For those who don't know what he's talking about...[/url]
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Mandalore wrote:I was interested in Battlefield 3 but I've heard it's not everything it's cracked up to be. [not a word] I still don't have internet on my desktop in any case. :P

Wrong BF3 is pretty much the revolution in FPS gamming, however there have been problems with origin, and yes some game bugs, but these bugs can easely be patched, examples of bugs: Enemies still in-field after dying, enemies who are dead getting stuck in stairs and such more visual things nothing based on the main game

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II