3 issues regarding Jedi Battle Arena and Hero Assualt DC

All information and activities related to SWBF2

3 issues regarding Jedi Battle Arena and Hero Assualt DC

Postby DeathStalker » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:34 pm

First off I want to say thanks for the hours of great play on your stable servers.
1.) I haven't been able to play Hero Assault DC. I keep getting "your cd key is not authorized to play this game." If it's due to some harsh language i was using with CaNada something. I got tired of him tking and i lost my temper.
2.) Thanks for changing the space map to a Space Hoth. It's much better than the other one. Can you also add a space capture the flag. Sometimes it's a hassle to fight on the mother ships when all you want to do is dog fight.
3.) More Hoth! Hoth, is probably one of the best maps and hate waiting for it to cycle all the way through. Also, if you place Hoth and the front of the cycle, if it crashes at least will still have more Hoth!!! Thanks.
DeathStalker
Community Member

Re: 3 issues regarding Jedi Battle Arena and Hero Assualt DC

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:55 pm

1) Your ban was for one day, you are now unbanned
2) Some people love space, some hate it, others are indifferent. I actually had changed it to space CTF and after getting lots of complaints changed it back. Since many JBA regulars are not on the forums, it's hard to take a vote or get an accurate picture of what people want. I've got nothing against adding a space map, but is that really what people want? I don't know.
3) Kind of same as #2 - some people hate Hoth, some love it - I think we've done well having it in the rotation for conquest once - but would need more opinions before adding another one to the rotation.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Hobo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 pm

The only people that like Hoth are the ones who are good with speeders.. And Utapau can be really tiresome at times, especially when BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA has a tank. :dots:

On the issue about space, I never really take part in the battle, I usually camp in my hanger. But I know that the population of JBAers goes down whenever a space map is next. Pretty sure only about 20% of people that ever play on JBA enjoy playing space.

Also, yall should add Kashyyyk. I know its mostly just tank noobing, but its exciting to play it on whenever I do on merc.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:58 pm

A Hobo wrote:The only people that like Hoth are the ones who are good with speeders.. And Utapau can be really tiresome at times, especially when BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA has a tank. :dots:
Also, yall should add Kashyyyk. I know its mostly just tank noobing, but its exciting to play it on whenever I do on merc.

1- Basicly anyone who knows the game a little knows how to take a tank and bombard the spawn point.
2- I don't get this, you hate it when in utapau someone gets a tank, but the most epic vehicle map sould be on?
3- There are only 3-4 players i know worth of getting a speeder, if i get a speeder i do quite some good for my team, if i'm on emps, i generally pack an RPG and lock them onto speeders, generally there isn't a match were in this case i wouldn't get "tank buster" since it's rare anyone in JBA can avoid an RPG missel....

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Hobo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:40 am

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:
A Hobo wrote:The only people that like Hoth are the ones who are good with speeders.. And Utapau can be really tiresome at times, especially when BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA has a tank. :dots:

1- Basicly anyone who knows the game a little knows how to take a tank and bombard the spawn point.
2- I don't get this, you hate it when in utapau someone gets a tank, but the most epic vehicle map sould be on?
3- There are only 3-4 players i know worth of getting a speeder, if i get a speeder i do quite some good for my team, if i'm on emps, i generally pack an RPG and lock them onto speeders, generally there isn't a match were in this case i wouldn't get "tank buster" since it's rare anyone in JBA can avoid an RPG missel....

MT

The difference between Kashyyyk and Utapau is this. On Kashyyyk, the tanks end up dead faster then on Utapau cause they are extremely vulnerable, theres a lot of distance one can put between a tank and himself, and most of all, the turrets(not the wimpy red laser turrets, I meant those big ole yellow laser turrets like the ones on mygeeto). On Utapau, its almost impossible to get past a tank, because the map is too small, and if I try to waste my time shooting one with sum rockets (Which takes forever), another tank respawns incredibly fast. They just stand there spamming missiles and lasers at your general location, and theres no outside route to flank them, because their are two of em blocking each passage. If you DO manage to get around them(usually with a dark), if you get too close, some other players that automatically hover around the tank will just pop one' in your back. And the distribution of tanks on Utapau is uneven. Emps only get one, while Rebels get two due to the CPs that each team inevitably claim in the beginning. The main point is just rock, paper, scissors. turret beats tank, tank beats man, man beats turret. Utapau has 0 turrets.

With the Speeders, sinty pisses me off the most, but I find it tiresome to shoot the speeders cause I just don't prefer using heavy troopers, so I suppose this instance is less generic and more personal choice. And its not hard to dodge missiles. Its quite common.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:31 am

A Hobo wrote:With the Speeders, sinty pisses me off the most, but I find it tiresome to shoot the speeders cause I just don't prefer using heavy troopers, so I suppose this instance is less generic and more personal choice. And its not hard to dodge missiles. Its quite common.

Yes i can see the logic in the with the turetts...
And about sinty, i wound't bother trying, you won't shoot him down, the only chances you have are:
1- Hit him with a not-locked-on missle
2- Hit him with a turret
3- Get him with the AT-AT's
4- Run to the tunnels and take the hanger.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby WD-40 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Speeders are probably the one thing I hate about Hoth, but only when you get two or three Speeders looping around and spawn killing the last point available just to rack up easy kills. Beyond that, Hoth is argueably the best, most accuarate map that's true to the movies. I like one space map, and it's a fun change of pace. Too many would wipe out the player list from people leaving. Tanks are nasty, but gotta learn to sneak up on them and lay a mine. I do wish the Reb tanks were as tough as the Emp tanks. You really need a second player to be the missile-gunner with you on those Reb tanks for maximum kill ability.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby haasd0gg » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:34 pm

Hoth sucks due to it being horribly unbalanced. Otherwise, its a great map. The only time its really fun is if someone on emps is industrious (and good) enough to take the hangar.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:34 pm

@Haas

It all depends on what the players do.
Many emps will just go for an AT-AT without knowing how to shoot besides taking people down when they spawn.
I can easely shoot down the speeders at their first run, and if i got a good teammate with an RPG next to me it's quite handy to get that AT-AT to the shield generator.
Also if some EMP's use the trenches with RPG's the speeders have no chance, anyone without a speeder heading to an AT-AT might as well commit suicide.

As for Rebs, basicly give the speeders to real pilots, if players like: 14, sinty, pietro, leggz i tought JP as well, then it will mather A LOT, also these pilots know what to do, if you get a player that either mines it, or gets in the speeder and then lands next to the AT-AT, then their easy to take down.
Much will depend on the AT-ST as well, if the speeders can be reduced, the AT-ST can concentrate on the CP's and the snipers, as well as their passenger able to shoot his rockets into the hanger preventing more speeders to take off.
Also remember the turrets....

The main problems are:

1- No teamwork
2- Players taking Speeders/AT-AT's/AT-ST's without knowing what to do.
3- Unbalanced teams, iv'e had few matches that it was a close battle.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Doves » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:35 pm

I suggest switching the utapoa to flag. It eliminates the tanks and is much better.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II