homofobic server?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: homofobic server?

Postby SuperHappyMan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:59 am

haasd0gg wrote:Im just glad narg made it back in time for this topic. Its like superman flying in just in time to take the bullet...

Oh please, I actually already saw the outcome of this topic. I actually had to browse through the internet backwards really fast just so I could get back here before the Rapture happened.

I give it about three sec
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby mister_death » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:15 am

If I said damn or hell or dumbass on an SWGO server, called someone stupid, idiot, or retarded (which is very offensive to people who have Down Syndrome), or any of the other half a dozen words you used that the word filter had to replace, I would be booted from that server instantly. Yet here you are saying all those things, being offensive, and not showing respect to a visitor of your site (irrespective of whether or not any respect has been merited in this case).

Thank you for proving Gen.Spike's point. Admins go crazy with the tiny little bit of power they are given and enforce ridiculously strict rules of behavior that you don't even follow on your own web site. The baloney that happens in game is seen by maybe 20 people, but people being uncouth on your site is indexed by Google for the entire world to see. I don't see why SWGO or any of the other game server admins need to pitch a fit if someone calls someone else gay or maybe asks someone else to please stop being an ass. Or at least if you are going to be such white knights, don't be hypocritical. Everyone respects consistency.

In all fairness, this sort of issue is not limited to SWGO -- every admin on every server (in every game) I have ever played has threatened to ban anyone who even says "damn" when they get killed and the word filters are outrageous. I have been auto-kicked for saying someone was a "son of a gun". Seriously. Lighten up Francis.

I thank you for your kind consideration, sirs :)

SuperHappyMan wrote:I have not a single damn clue what the hell you meant to say there, but I have a feeling it was pretty [m'kay] stupid.

As for why "gay" is censored, you may notice that 95% of the SWBFII community have severe cases of "the [m'kay] stupid", which means that the majority of them will use the word as an insult. Additionally, perhaps you should get a clue; a [m'kay] star wars game is not the place to discuss hard-hitting issues like homophobia and racism. You don't "speak the truth", you're just an idiot on some kind of retarded crusade, which i've seen a [poo] of times before. "the rotten side of evil that plagues the virtual world"? Are you [m'kay] serious? It's a goddamn star wars game, stop treating things like this like they're the [m'kay] Holocaust.

EDIT: And yes, as i'm sure many of you have deduced, this is Nargotah. I was a dumbass and forgot the password to my old account, and I am loving the hell out of this name.

DOUBLE EDIT: And as i'm sure someone's seen, I [m'kay] up using the word "deduced" about half an hour before calling this guy on how stupid he looked when using big words incorrectly. I am a genius.
mister_death
Community N00b

Postby Commander Sparrow » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:51 am

Ah, the troll queen has finally returned. :twisted: It took you long enough.

It's AgentSmith_#38 btw.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:10 am

mister_death wrote:If I said damn or hell or dumbass on an SWGO server, called someone stupid, idiot, or retarded (which is very offensive to people who have Down Syndrome), or any of the other half a dozen words you used that the word filter had to replace, I would be booted from that server instantly. Yet here you are saying all those things, being offensive, and not showing respect to a visitor of your site (irrespective of whether or not any respect has been merited in this case).

Thank you for proving Gen.Spike's point. Admins go crazy with the tiny little bit of power they are given and enforce ridiculously strict rules of behavior that you don't even follow on your own web site. The baloney that happens in game is seen by maybe 20 people, but people being uncouth on your site is indexed by Google for the entire world to see. I don't see why SWGO or any of the other game server admins need to pitch a fit if someone calls someone else gay or maybe asks someone else to please stop being an ass. Or at least if you are going to be such white knights, don't be hypocritical. Everyone respects consistency.

In all fairness, this sort of issue is not limited to SWGO -- every admin on every server (in every game) I have ever played has threatened to ban anyone who even says "damn" when they get killed and the word filters are outrageous. I have been auto-kicked for saying someone was a "son of a gun". Seriously. Lighten up Francis.

I thank you for your kind consideration, sirs :)

SuperHappyMan wrote:I have not a single damn clue what the hell you meant to say there, but I have a feeling it was pretty [m'kay] stupid.

As for why "gay" is censored, you may notice that 95% of the SWBFII community have severe cases of "the [m'kay] stupid", which means that the majority of them will use the word as an insult. Additionally, perhaps you should get a clue; a [m'kay] star wars game is not the place to discuss hard-hitting issues like homophobia and racism. You don't "speak the truth", you're just an idiot on some kind of retarded crusade, which i've seen a [poo] of times before. "the rotten side of evil that plagues the virtual world"? Are you [m'kay] serious? It's a goddamn star wars game, stop treating things like this like they're the [m'kay] Holocaust.

EDIT: And yes, as i'm sure many of you have deduced, this is Nargotah. I was a dumbass and forgot the password to my old account, and I am loving the hell out of this name.

DOUBLE EDIT: And as i'm sure someone's seen, I [m'kay] up using the word "deduced" about half an hour before calling this guy on how stupid he looked when using big words incorrectly. I am a genius.

First let me say, thank you for your interest. Unfortunately your right. We are egomaniacal, power hungry, selfish bastards. We put money into this server for all of you to play on, just so we can kick you for talking stupid. Our goal is to keep pouring money into the server to entertain ourselves by enforcing ridiculous rules on you young folk. Your righteous indignation is welcome to us.
The previous comments were sarcastic, for the slow witted.

Mister death is it? Throwing your support to Gen. Spike without really knowing the donkeys butt he is, might not be a good start for you. Spike has been around for a bit and knows the rules, and apparantly knows how to type around the word filter. Regardless of what the word happens to be, if it is on the list, it will be enforced. You don't like the list, that is fine. You have two choices.
1. Come to the forums and ask for a change in the list. (politely if possible)
or
2. Keep getting yourself auto kicked and then banned for evading the rules, then come here to the forums and pitch a rant filled fit about it.

Just my two cents worth, the first one sounds easier, and more pleasant for everyone involved.

Now, I am not the banning admin. And we have only heard one side of the story. A very disjointed story with no evidence presented, I might add. A rant from a disgruntled kid that got kicked off the servers on a Saturday night? See where this is heading? Before you go all holier than thou, and start bad mouthing admins for keeping this game alive, why don't we wait to see if there is more to the story than what was presented here by the disgruntled party. Sound like a good idea there mister death? Hmmmm?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Gen.Spike » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you in his words, and even if you discodasse of my I still respect your opinion .... pity that in a server the size of the Jedi Arena, there are people who are not mature or intelligent enough to discern certain acts or conduct or at least a modicum of education in the treatment or care to the public ... to ban someone for asking a question, or by typing a single word out of context (separating the letters exactly what the computer does not find the word banned) shows a immense immaturity ... in fact the answers I got (not sure if it was the admin.) proved that my words are true ..... otherwise, just uninstall the game and re-think twice before buying the BF3, if will leave some day .....

It is a hint to the manufacturer, follow the example of Blizzard .... do not let the server online at the hands of amateurs ..... hasta la vista baby ...
Gen.Spike
Community Member

Postby Commander Sparrow » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Gen.Spike wrote: do not let the server online at the hands of amateurs ..... hasta la vista baby ...

Your whole argument is [poo]. These admins do their jobs perfectly.

And what the hell, "hasta la vista baby" ? What are you, Arnold Schwarzenegger??
Last edited by Commander Sparrow on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Postby Gen.Spike » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:48 pm

mister death - did you feel in the air a certain climate threat? because that's what I'm talking about .... the answer you can give these people is not to support them ..... if they are spending money to keep the server online is because they gain something with it, are in advertising or ads on the site ..... then there is the tip if the server does not respect you because you will continue supporting this bunch of losers and bums?
Gen.Spike
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:05 pm

Spike.
You are a moron.
I promise we would lose nothing but a headache if you stopped playing our servers.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Gen.Spike » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:19 pm

"Spike you are a moron "...... have you noticed that his arguments are frivolous and unsupported fragile .... ...... I'm here quite tempofalando that the server is homophobic (a serious charge) and in no time it has been refuted .... I think you did not understand why the topic, or too lazy to read the original topic .... hhahahahahaah
Gen.Spike
Community Member

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:54 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this topic made my day!!! :clap:

ps welcome back Narg.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II