Space Maps Suggestion

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Space Maps Suggestion

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:39 am

Hi again guys! I recently have been playing on JBA, and I often get bored because of the repetitiveness of the maps. :wacko: I humbly suggest adding a few space maps to the rotation, or maybe adding maps like Kashyyyk. I know many argue that the serves empty come space maps, but I have not seen this to be the case. On the one space map we have in the JBA rotation, the participation is no more or less than any other map. We do not need to line up all space maps (like is done at LCG), but spread them out through the rotation. Mr. Chicago, could you please start a poll asking whether or not maps like Kashyyyk and others should be added?

Thank you! :)
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Re: Space Maps Suggestion

Postby Heatmaster78 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 am

Well I'm all for new maps but it seems that some people "lag" on maps like Kashyyyk, Endor, and the space maps because it's too much for their computer to handle.

For me it is absolutely no problem to run a map like Kashyyyk or Endor. I have a dual core AMD Athlon II X2 255 processor @ 3.1GHz with 4GB of ram and I run SWBF2 at the lowest graphics possible because I really don't care what that game looks like to me.
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby WD-40 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:54 am

Endor has too damn many trees and bushes, and I can't see a dang thing there to shoot at. Regarding space maps, I think if we put too many on, then that may chase players away. Having only one, maybe two, then they tough it out better. Personally, I'm not against rotating maps around and putting on ones we haven't played in awhile. But we need a solid thread ranking everyone's favorite maps, in order of preference, for Matt C to review and consider.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 pm

To bad BF2 cut BF1 levels like the Bespin platforms and Kashyyk Islands. They had starfighters, those were great levels
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II