Hey SWGO, how would you like to stop glitchers? Forever.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Hey SWGO, how would you like to stop glitchers? Forever.

Postby Heatmaster78 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Do you need another tester for this mod, because I would be glad to help out with any testing if you update it with new files.
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby ATCStewart » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:12 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:Does DC HA server let SWGO add modded files? I thought that was an issue.

Our DC provider doesn't but all our other servers do. I see no harm in testing this, assuming MC allows it.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby Hobo » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:33 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:
A Hobo wrote:SotG has already done this on their dueling server... Only difference is that your allowed to go outside regular map boundaries. :3

P.S. if you need advice or help, you should ask Dakota. Assuming yall don't hate each other.. :whistling:

I couldn't even find their server to test it out, what's it called?

I have an entire team, I don't need Dakata's help. Not that we hate each other, I just don't need it.

Huh, I couldn't find it either.. Maybe they took it off.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:38 pm

Heatmaster78 wrote:Do you need another tester for this mod, because I would be glad to help out with any testing if you update it with new files.

No thanks, I've got an entire team. Frayed Wires is pretty self sufficient.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:29 pm

What i mean with a rolling glitch is a corpse spinning around in circles providing ammo/health/deff/off/stamina packs
There are quite a few places where you can do it, it's basics are the same as a wookie glitch, but instead of losing health and dying you respawn and your corpse stays there spinning like a wookie would

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Thanks for standing up for me Wulf! :) :mrgreen: But I think he was saying that if there are no more glitchers, I won't be able to report them, cuz all you guys know how much of a reportaholic I am! :lol:

EDIT: About your mod, I think it is a great idea, and I applaud you for thinking of it and maybe even making it happen! Good Job Wulf! :)
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby Eyes Only » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:01 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:Yes, you heard me right. Would you, people of SWGO, like to stop glitchers in their tracks for eternity? Never having to worry about glitchers ever again? And I mean EVER?

If yes, well, listen closely. I'm working on a mod that I can't believe doesn't already exist. The mod places powerful damage regions in places glitchers commonly glitch. AgentSmith#38 and I just tested my mod's principle and it works. The best part is only the serverside has to have the mod installed, clients will be effected whether they install it or not. Which means that no mat'ter what, a glitcher will die if they glitch through a wall. :twisted: Now you may wonder why I use damage regions instead of death regions? The answer is simple, does the job easier and is easier on you, the installer. Death regions require script changes, which means more files to replace. With damage regions however, you only need to replace the map files. A lot, and I mean LOT easier for you guys and me. The damage regions take out 300 health a second, you die in a couple seconds at most. Wookies have the most health, they have 800 health points.

The only real question is why the heck it hasn't been done already? An almost identical mod exists for SWBF1, but one for SWBF2 was never made. The only answer I could come up with before I tested it was that it wasn't going to work. Well the principle has been tested, and it works. The only answer I can come up with now is that no one wanted to take the time to add damage regions behind walls in all the common glitch spots. Pfft, lazy penguins they are. Well, I am not a lazy penguin. :ugeek:

Well ladies and gentleman, I stand before you willing to make this mod. Are you with me?! Will you stop glitchers now and forever? It's up to you guys whether you stop them now and forever. I can't force you to use the mod. Or... *waves hand* can I? :ugeek:

:appl:

its good to see people finally catching on to my designs. however, there are downsides to server-sided mods, such as additional lag and bandwidth use. there arent many glitchers on swgo (maybe one or two a week), and the lag introduced outweighs the need for such a large-scale edit.
Last edited by Eyes Only on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:02 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:reportaholic

Brings back so many memories :nutz:
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby TaTerToT » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Yeah I was talking about that Pepsi ;)
I'm 95% sure that SotG got into financial problems and had to close their servers, which
is why their HA server isn't on.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby TaTerToT » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:18 pm

its good to see people finally catching on to my designs. however, there are downsides to server-sided mods, such as additional lag and bandwidth use. there arent many glitchers on swgo (maybe one or two a week), and the lag introduced outweighs the need for such a large-scale edit.

Jedi Battle Arena has few glitchers....Hero Assault DC, every hour or two.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II