needing some technical help with remote manager

All information and activities related to SWBF2

needing some technical help with remote manager

Postby vegetto71 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:01 am

i have some friends who i have made admin on my server and they have tried to use the BBO remote manager 1.10 to connect to me and it keeps popping up an error and i have been wondering what we are doing wrong, i have been able to remotely connect to the server but they have not, the server is hosted on my second computer so i am guessing since i am on the network it allows me but not them, i've even tried port forwarding all the needed ports for the remote manager and still nothing works, would someone kindly help me figure this out please? any of the swgo admins who may know what the issue is that can help? i would appreciate it very much.
vegetto71
Community Member

Xfire: vegetto71
Steam ID: vegetto71

Re: needing some technical help with remote manager

Postby WD-40 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:27 am

SWGO is having RM issues as well.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby vegetto71 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:10 am

if ya'll are having issues as well then what could it be? something buggy in the BBO RM app itself maybe?
vegetto71
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:55 am

vegetto71 wrote:if ya'll are having issues as well then what could it be? something buggy in the BBO RM app itself maybe?

Not sure. It may be above the Server level, but Auto Admin wasn't catching some profanity either.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby ATCStewart » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:24 am

It may be a problem with having the same IP address on different computers, in which case, try simply using Server Manager instead. Hope that works.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby Matt-Chicago » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Double check your port forwarding and make sure you're forwarding the correct ports, remember there are three different ports for each server, defaults are 3558, 3658, and 4658. If you want RM and GameTracker ability, you need to make sure the ports are open and forwarded correctly.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby Flyswamper » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:17 pm

And regarding port-forwarding, you need to make sure that when you forward the ports to the IP address of your host computer that if you are using DHCP for that computer that it *COULD* get a new/different IP address on your LAN. That would make your port forwarding useless. The typical solution is to make sure that the computer you are using to host the server has a static IP address within your LAN. That way you can setup the port forwarding and forget about it.

On my own home network, I have addresses from 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.99 reserved for static IP addresses. My router starts assigning DHCP IP addresses from 192.168.1.100 and above. In this way, if I want to host servers of some type then I just make sure the machine they are on is using static IP address and setup the port forwarding as needed.

Perhaps you already thought/knew this, but I thought I'd mention it as it was one of those things that I didn't realize when I first started doing this kinda stuff. My port forwarding worked for quite a while and then all of a sudden it "broke." It took me a while to figure out all that had caused it to break was that my computers had been rebooted in a different sequence and my server-host computer now had a different IP address than what it had when I set it up originally.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

Postby vegetto71 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:52 pm

thanks guys i haven't checked this topic much for replies but now that i have i figured i would thank ya'll for taking the time to post this info, its been very helpful.
vegetto71
Community Member

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II