Re: setting up an offical server

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Whoops Haas, I spelt kidding wrong.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:34 pm

HA you didn't say mother may I so go back to the start.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:45 pm

@Hadrian, what will your server be called? Can I join? :)
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Of course you can join Pepsi! You could be my coLdr. (co-leader)! i will give you all administration rights! it was either gonna be for my new clan, [ESA]. this means elite sniper association. or it will be a place of competion or practice. i think its 50cents to get it tracked with stats. but i need to know how to make one.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:58 pm

[SWGO]hadrian wrote:Of course you can join Pepsi! You could be my coLdr. (co-leader)! i will give you all administration rights! it was either gonna be for my new clan, [ESA]. this means elite sniper association. or it will be a place of competion or practice. i think its 50cents to get it tracked with stats. but i need to know how to make one.

Thanks so much! :) Yeah, we could do a cumulative conquest/space server if you want, and we could start a website!

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:21 pm

Thats a great suggestion! we will ask how to set a server NOT mostimpressive (lol). We'll use kashyyyk in one of our maps cuz it isnt played in SWGO. u make whatever maps u want, and do u know how to make a website?
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:56 pm

Haha, yeah, we will get someone else to help us. We can tell them the maps we want and see how everyone likes it. Making a website is pretty easy, depending upon what you want. Most of them will cost money, but if we set it up through webs.com, (a free website builder), it will be free. But there are drawbacks, for example, the web address would have a .webs in it (i.e. esagaming.webs.com). Or, like SWGO, we could set u forums and everything through phpbb, which I believe is also free. Bu before we make a website, we would want to see how successful the server is.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:18 pm

Let me tell you what, if the two of you can make a successful dedicated server and build a following that requires its own forums.....
You can have all the money in my right pocket...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:01 pm

haasd0gg wrote:Let me tell you what, if the two of you can make a successful dedicated server and build a following that requires its own forums.....
You can have all the money in my right pocket...

Lets do that pepsi so we can get something for free. lol :lol: :lol:
FaiL.?
Community Member

Postby TaTerToT » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:41 am

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.co ... rver;56946

With this you can host your own Star Wars Battlefront II Dedicated Server off your own computer. With this you can
set up one up, pick out maps, change settings, set up a banned word list, set up server announcements, discipline
troublemakers with multiple kicking/banning options, and more. Download the file, and extract it (If you know how),
then open the folder that is an application file named SM. This means Server Manager, from there you can set it up.
Once you're done setting up all the settings, maps, ect. Go to the bottom left and click Start, and your server will be online.
Keep that open or minimize it, don't exit out. Also, if you want other people to admin your server, have them download the same
file, extract, but this time open the application file named RM, this stands for Remote Manager. From there, your admin can do stuff
to the server as you see fit. Go into the Server Manager, and click the "Users" Tabs, and create and username and pw for the admin, and edit
what he can do to the server, right click, click Grant Admin Access, and his account is ready. Have him open the R.M file, and get going.
For stat tracking you can use Gametracker (Free) - http://www.gametracker.com/ Though, I'm not sure they could be able to do it off of
home-run servers, so you might be interested in http://www.swbf2stats.net/ (Free, More Stats, Less Stable) Hope this helps and good luck. I you need any assistance just p.m me on here, xfire me @ deathsquad98. Also for website hosting, try http://www.webs.com They have free features, like forums, ect. This is my site I made with them - http://www.lcghome.webs.com Good Luck.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II