SWBF3 rumors again

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: SWBF3 rumors again

Postby TaTerToT » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:43 am

11_Panama_ wrote:The Pandemic logo on the box should of given everyone a clue thats its a fake. Pandemic dissolved quite a bit ago.

The VGBOXART.COM and By: Hazzy25.8/10/10 Is the biggest clue. Lol.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby Richdog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:08 am

What I heard is that they're just going to skip swbf3 and move right on to swbf4!
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby trainmaster611 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:08 am

Well, adding fuel to the fire here, here is a tweet from Sparks Unlimited (the supposed developer):

http://battlefront3.net/wp-content/uplo ... spark1.jpg

Still not anything substantial but it's painfully tantalizing. Of course, after watching this video of their past work, I'm not so enthusiastic.
trainmaster611
SWBF2 Admin

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:45 pm

trainmaster611 wrote: after watching this video of their past work, I'm not so enthusiastic.

wow that game is [poo]
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby ATCStewart » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:56 pm

IJO sha-quan-jone wrote:
trainmaster611 wrote: after watching this video of their past work, I'm not so enthusiastic.

wow that game is [poo]

The game is [poo]. Worst game I've ever bought.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to feed a fish, and round and round we go
ATCStewart
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: atcstewart
Origin ID: ATCStewart

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:32 am

Sorry for the necros(you might see a few since i have been out of a bit)
Anyhow it's quite imposible that SWBFIII is being made, it may have been developed before wich was a fact, but i think in the end they chose for SW:TOR and from what i'm seeing it's going very good, i mean before many WoW players went to LOTRO and with turbine(producers of LOTRO) trying to take every dime of the people playing the game, while releasing their latests incomplete expansion, many went to SW:TOR

We "may" see SWBFIII later on, but i believe it will be when SW:TOR is a little older.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:10 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Sorry for the necros(you might see a few since i have been out of a bit)
Anyhow it's quite imposible that SWBFIII is being made, it may have been developed before wich was a fact, but i think in the end they chose for SW:TOR and from what i'm seeing it's going very good, i mean before many WoW players went to LOTRO and with turbine(producers of LOTRO) trying to take every dime of the people playing the game, while releasing their latests incomplete expansion, many went to SW:TOR

We "may" see SWBFIII later on, but i believe it will be when SW:TOR is a little older.

MT

I disagree. It makes more sense to piggyback on the hype and success of SWTOR. SWTOR reduces the pressure on creating a mega-hit as well. By focusing on the FPS and Space Combat aspects SWBFIII could bring something that can ADD to the current Lucas Arts offering making the brand that much stronger. Remember where the money is in games. MMORP, FPS & Vehicle Combat.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:15 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:I disagree. It makes more sense to piggyback on the hype and success of SWTOR. SWTOR reduces the pressure on creating a mega-hit as well. By focusing on the FPS and Space Combat aspects SWBFIII could bring something that can ADD to the current Lucas Arts offering making the brand that much stronger. Remember where the money is in games. MMORP, FPS & Vehicle Combat.

So you would have 2 amazing games being released in a short time from each other? i mean that would mean that the money would be separated into 2 games instead of 1.
As in having double the development costs, basicly having 2 hits happen at the same time isn't a good idea, the FPS gamers currently playing SW:TOR would switch over to SWBFIII
Meaning they wouldn't spend as much money as they would.

However if they release another hit when a previos hit starts dying they get another load of money....
Have you ever seen any company releasing 2 of their great games at the same time?(and being as sucsessfull of course)

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:40 am

Just look at the history of COD or Battlefield. One new game every year. SWBFIII couldnt POSSIBLY come out before christmas 2012. Fits the timetable perfect.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:46 am

Spoiler Alert: SWBF3 will never be made. That is all. You can quote me on this for all eternity. If SWBF3 is made I'll drop out of school and move to Zimbabwe.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II