Hello again -- banned for not breaking the rules?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Hello again -- banned for not breaking the rules?

Postby Matt-Chicago » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Choke lightning and infinite choke are not allowed on any SWGO server and never have been.

Since I think a warning/kick would have been sufficient because I believe you honestly did not know the rule, I have lifted your ban.
Politeness is a discipline that compels respectful behavior. Morality is like a politeness of the soul, an etiquette of the inner life, a code of duties, a ceremonial of the essential.
Matt-Chicago
Dictator

Xfire: mattinchicago

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:06 pm

Matt-Chicago wrote:Choke lightning and infinite choke are not allowed on any SWGO server and never have been.

Since I think a warning/kick would have been sufficient because I believe you honestly did not know the rule, I have lifted your ban.

I agree we should add these two on the Rules list to prevent another misunderstanding from occurring.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Heatmaster78 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:10 pm

WD-40 wrote:
Matt-Chicago wrote:Choke lightning and infinite choke are not allowed on any SWGO server and never have been.

I agree we should add these two on the Rules list to prevent another misunderstanding from occurring.

What they don't get is that it falls under the "glitches/exploits not allowed" catagory.
"La mort n'est rien, mais pour vivre vaincu et sans gloire, c'est mourir tous les jours."
("Death is nothing, but to live defeated and with no glory is to die every day.")

- Napoléon Bonaparte
Heatmaster78
Community Member

Xfire: heatmaster78
Steam ID: heatmaster788

Postby Bryant » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:18 pm

No Glitching
Glitching is not allowed on SWGO SWBF2 servers. Using Map/Game exploits, entering buildings or areas not intended for entry will not be tolerated. No Cheating.

Penalties
1. Admin Option of up to a 1 Week Ban.

Chock-lighting definitely falls under this category, as a Game exploit and cheating.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby Draigun » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello Mustang - you probably remember me well.

I just want to say that you maybe right that SWGO did not state that choke-lightning is not allowed on JBA. While I do think the rules (in my opinion only) should be worded more in that section on these forums, you should always ask when in doubt. It's also a glitch and you knew that. It was only a matter of your own decision to do it or not.

Now, aside from all of the actual issue here.

Matt, I think you need to do a review of the admins (especially for JBA). I know for a fact that Talon has not posted on these "visible" forums for quite a while now.

I looked at that list of admin's xfires, and that list is outdated. While people don't look at these messages here on the forums as much as we all think, changing it would be the proper justification behind the way SWGO works and deals with these type of rule breakers.

Mustang, it's nice that you are back on swbf2. This game is still very much alive - the general swbf2 community is just small compared to what it once was (which was vast and expanded).

Simply put, perhaps reviewing the admins via some form of contact can help communication or perhaps it will clear the feeling of "vindicating admins".
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby WD-40 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:04 pm

Bryant wrote:No Glitching
Glitching is not allowed on SWGO SWBF2 servers. Using Map/Game exploits, entering buildings or areas not intended for entry will not be tolerated. No Cheating.

Penalties

Chock-lighting definitely falls under this category, as a Game exploit and cheating.

So Matt, we can ban for the 'Darkie' Exploit? 'Shoot, jump shoot, land shoot, roll shoot, reload'..all with full charge? kill a wookie in 2 shots, kill all others in one to 2 shots? I get killed by that damn Darkie exploit alot.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Ronald McDonald » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:09 pm

WD-40 wrote:
Bryant wrote:No Glitching

Penalties

So Matt, we can ban for the 'Darkie' Exploit? 'Shoot, jump shoot, land shoot, roll shoot, reload'..all with full charge? kill a wookie in 2 shots, kill all others in one to 2 shots? I get killed by that damn Darkie exploit alot.

I suggest you delete that post or JBA will be full (4) of "Darkie Exploiters".
Ronald McDonald
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Good job Mustang, you talked yourself out of that one. Do you do resume's too?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 pm

THEWULFMAN wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:I've been playing this game for over 5 years and I didn't know the Emperor could do that. How do you do that anyway?

Please, tell him how to exploit so he can get banned on the servers. I'd like that very much.

Come out and ban me yourself Wulfi, and quit hitting on me.. I'm not interested.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Gunner1010 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:29 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:I've been playing this game for over 5 years and I didn't know the Emperor could do that. How do you do that anyway?

Me too I have never even seen this happen before, also I'd like to state I've been playing with Mustang for years and have never seen him break a rule. Cheers.
Gunner1010

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II