If the creator visited, would you recognize him?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: If the creator visited, would you recognize him?

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:11 am

I was around back then, just under another name and not on the WGO forums very often.
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:41 am

Damn narg, I guess you missed the dramatic miniseries over my adult content server...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby SuperHappyMan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:43 am

haasd0gg wrote:Damn narg, I guess you missed the dramatic miniseries over my adult content server...

Yeah, I think I kinda [m'kay] off around that point. Can you go ahead and give us a summary?
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby Dad » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:13 am

I would recognize him by game play. There have been a thousand impersonators since.

Since we are on the topic of history, who remembers taw servers?
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby Hobo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:56 am

Dad wrote:I would recognize him by game play. There have been a thousand impersonators since.

Since we are on the topic of history, who remembers taw servers?

I faintly remember them. Trans Atlantic something or something, right?

Concerning star wars battlefront clan history, I know nearly nothing about WGO,(I was an SP reg) but I DO remember the EraD, MX, etc.. era. That's when I began my existence in this game, Idk what year that was. I tried to join them but black diamond called me a noob. =/ Someone should start a timeline about all this stuff!!
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby Duel of Fates » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:13 am

The History of SWBFII and the Clans and Communities. I could see that as a best seller. I am starting to feel old now, so time to play. :wheelchair:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby haasd0gg » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:44 pm

I just thought it would be fun to have a server without a word filter, so I made one and called it WGO Adult Content server. It seemed logical, people were always complaining about the filters so why not? Sev gave me a thumbs up on it. Matt and i had the keys to the swbf servers. Our mistake was that we gave this douche named biggs a fake crown so the lss would keep their mouths shut when jetset took off. But as soon as dread caught wind it was all about how WGO wasn't family oriented and biggs was crying because nobody consulted him. Leggz had already long since been removed as an admin and i believe that's when gaymerz really started.
Pretty funny from my seat.

I remember TAW. They had some good players that's where s@m came from.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby mrjamwin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 pm

haasd0gg wrote:I just thought it would be fun to have a server without a word filter, so I made one and called it WGO Adult Content server. It seemed logical, people were always complaining about the filters so why not? Sev gave me a thumbs up on it. Matt and i had the keys to the swbf servers. Our mistake was that we gave this douche named biggs a fake crown so the lss would keep their mouths shut when jetset took off. But as soon as dread caught wind it was all about how WGO wasn't family oriented and biggs was crying because nobody consulted him. Leggz had already long since been removed as an admin and i believe that's when gaymerz really started.
Pretty funny from my seat.

I remember TAW. They had some good players that's where s@m came from.

You forgot one part we also created the adult forum section where we only allowed certain people into that portion of the forums and that's when it really hit the fan. We also tried dedicated adult channels in Teamspeak which a few of those Gamerz people thought they owned and ruled. Thus the rebellion began.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (=DK=)Samonuh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 pm

I wouldn't categorize it as a rebellion. Certain people started to dislike policy in their current community, so they went along and made one that better suited their interests. Nothing wrong with that. It's better than them staying and constantly complaining.
...انا أتكلم اللغة العربية. هل هي سيئة؟ لا
(=DK=)Samonuh
Community Member

Postby Flyswamper » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I think I was on vacation when all the good stuff happened. :innocent: he he....... Actually, looking back on it the only thing that shocks me is how seriously I took some of this stuff once upon a time. Even today I still have the occasional relapse into taking the gaming community too seriously...but cest la vie.... at least it is entertaining.

One thing I do know though.... I'm enjoying server ops now that we basically have a no rules server environment. People come in and be as retarded as they want to be and get away with it while the rest of us just play the game and have fun. :) About the only thing that gets my attention is when I think somebody is using a cheat/hack or *maybe* when they constantly pretend to be an admin (actually I think we'll just let em pretend but I am going to setup an auto-chat responder telling them they are idiots everytime they type in a chat message...should have that running by the weekend...such fun he he)
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics stink!
Flyswamper
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II