George Lucas not making anymore Star Wars sequels.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: George Lucas not making anymore Star Wars sequels.

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:47 pm

...and there ya have it...
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:00 pm

WD-40 wrote:I wouldn't classify his movie 'Red Tails' as quiet. He's apparently ruffled some peoples feathers over it. Looks pretty good from the trailers I've seen.

Yes, apparently people are too lazy to pick up a [m'kay] book. God, if I hear someone say that no black people fought in WW2 or that they didn't shoot down any ME-262's over Berlin, someone's getting stabbed.

You know George put 90 million dollars of his own money into the development and distribution of Red Tails because no studio would fund a movie with an all black main cast? I'm so sick of the hate for the man, he's a good guy.

SuperHappyMan wrote:Man, watching Wulf and Panama fight eachother is like going into work only to realize someone's already taken your shift over and you can go home.

Carry on.

:twisted:
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby WD-40 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:43 am

I hate Necro-ing this by about...less than a week? But I want to refer that Lucas has input into everything. Including the comic Book writers. My input.

Check out a post on another thread by Tatertot. That's where this came from on a link. Oh well..Here's the stuff that caught my attention to remind me of 'this' thread, and how it was argued just how much Lucas controlled.
"The series is rumored to feature minor characters that will be from both the films, such as Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, as well as those from the Expanded Universe, such as Ferus Olin or Mara Jade during her tenure as Emperor's Hand, with possible cameos by some of the main characters.[24] Lucas: "The Emperor and Darth Vader are heard about — people talk about them — but you never see them because it doesn't take place where they actually are. There are stormtroopers and all that, but there are no Jedis."[25] Lucas had originally written a scene for Revenge of the Sith involving the Expanded Universe character Quinlan Vos,[26] but the character received only a mention in the final film.[27] Lucas himself later instructed the writers of the Star Wars: Republic comic book series to not kill off the character. This has led some fans to speculate that Vos may play a role in the series."
The shortcut:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War ... _broadcast
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 am

I wouldnt go so far as to say I hate the new movies. I don't care for them, I think George tried to focus too much on Anakin and the Jedi. The first movies were about the rebellion fighting to empire. That was the main plot line, yes Luke discovering his herritage and become a Jedi was a large part of the story, but the prequels seem to be only about the Jedi finding Anakin, Anakin falling in love, and eventually having twins while falling to the dark side. Oh and by the way there's a little thing called the clone wars going on around them.
I thought there should have been more character devolpment of non Jedi like Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and some of the Imperials like Tarkin or Madine. But instead these ones simply get cameos (some only in the deleted scenes). Lucas in my mind cut corners in building a story, he was too obsessed with wanting to get to the light saber duels. Why? (here's the cynical part of me) because of the money. Look at the franchises biggest selling toy, it's the light saber. That's why he devoted almost half the third movie to two lightsabers duels. A movie that already had 3 earlier in it.
Anyway I could go on and on. But those are new movies they can be left on a shelf.
What I hate is him changing the old movies and not allowing the first versions to be sold. That's messed up
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II