Hello again -- banned for not breaking the rules?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Hello again -- banned for not breaking the rules?

Postby Robert » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:56 pm

if exploiting the game and gltiching is not allowed, how come we are able to run up the walls in tatooine HA?
~Robert!~
Robert
Community Member

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:01 am

11_Panama_ wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:
11_Panama_ wrote:I've been playing this game for over 5 years and I didn't know the Emperor could do that. How do you do that anyway?

Please, tell him how to exploit so he can get banned on the servers. I'd like that very much.

Come out and ban me yourself Wulfi, and quit hitting on me.. I'm not interested.

I find it amusing you can't even quote me properly. It's quite the accomplishment really, since all the work is done for you when you click the "Quote" button. It takes actual effort to make yourself look that stupid, so I commend you.

Anyway, I don't care if it is considered exploiting and therefore against the stated rules, it's explicitly stated that it's again the rules in HA, but not JBA. The rules need to be changed. A simple copy paste is all it would take.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 am

Why you still hitting on me? Get over your man crush Wulfi.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re:

Postby KOko » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:43 pm

MustangP51D wrote:can anyone list for me in black & white, an SWGO rule that bars C-L in JBA?

What really amuses me here is what makes you think this exploit is banned on HA but could be allowed on JBA?
Do you got any other case of something banned on one SWGO server but allowed on another? Glitching, TKing, bad language, ANYTHING?...

You provide silly excuse for your silly attempt to gain advantage in-game by using exploits.

Robert wrote:if exploiting the game and gltiching is not allowed, how come we are able to run up the walls in tatooine HA?

If you reffer to what I know as running up the walls... I dont see how it can be a glitch?
Is this leading you to a place that doesnt look like being intended to be? NO
Is this giving you unfair advantage - killing others 3x faster, not losing stamina, being invulnarable, etc.? NO
So, why do you consider it being a glitch or exploit ?
Also, wall jumps or runs were allowed even in competition ruleset, so why forbid it on a public server ?

And if my memory still serves me well - the rule against glitcing is made to cover map glitches, including wall/building glitches, outside ot the map glitches, etc...
Other kind of "glitches", a.k.a exploits like slow run, inf run/choke, choke-lightning are covered by their own rules.
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Mustang, you're a pretty decent player, why would you even need to use glitches?
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re: Re:

Postby Robert » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:46 pm

KOko wrote:
MustangP51D wrote:can anyone list for me in black & white, an SWGO rule that bars C-L in JBA?

What really amuses me here is what makes you think this exploit is banned on HA but could be allowed on JBA?
Do you got any other case of something banned on one SWGO server but allowed on another? Glitching, TKing, bad language, ANYTHING?...

You provide silly excuse for your silly attempt to gain advantage in-game by using exploits.

Robert wrote:if exploiting the game and gltiching is not allowed, how come we are able to run up the walls in tatooine HA?

If you reffer to what I know as running up the walls... I dont see how it can be a glitch?
Is this leading you to a place that doesnt look like being intended to be? NO
Is this giving you unfair advantage - killing others 3x faster, not losing stamina, being invulnarable, etc.? NO
So, why do you consider it being a glitch or exploit ?
Also, wall jumps or runs were allowed even in competition ruleset, so why forbid it on a public server ?

And if my memory still serves me well - the rule against glitcing is made to cover map glitches, including wall/building glitches, outside ot the map glitches, etc...
Other kind of "glitches", a.k.a exploits like slow run, inf run/choke, choke-lightning are covered by their own rules.

Thanks for clearing it up.
~Robert!~
Robert
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am

@Draigun

Even tough you haven't seen talon post in the normal forums, he has been posting in the admin section.
As far as this ban goes, the only reason why i can think of an immediate ban is because mustang knows the rules
If he didn't know it can't be done on JBA isn't his fault, i had this problem before if some people recall.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II