Battlefront Sequel Files Hidden on Game Disc

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Battlefront Sequel Files Hidden on Game Disc

Postby SuperHappyMan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm not sure that a group of people who gave their game the subtitle of "The Box" should have anything to do with Battlefront 3. Besides, if I remember right that game actually kinda sucked, so...
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby Eyes Only » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:22 pm

i'm not looking forward to a new battlefront game. i pretty much suck at everything except battlefront2, and learning how a new engine works will be annoying at best.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby mrjamwin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Eyes Only wrote:i'm not looking forward to a new battlefront game. i pretty much suck at everything except battlefront2, and learning how a new engine works will be annoying at best.

Hmmm I thought you would be interested in a challenge of learning to hack into a new Star Wars game?
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Eyes Only » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:45 pm

mrjamwin wrote:
Eyes Only wrote:i'm not looking forward to a new battlefront game. i pretty much suck at everything except battlefront2, and learning how a new engine works will be annoying at best.

Hmmm I thought you would be interested in a challenge of learning to hack into a new Star Wars game?

swbfront2 really has no protection against messing with stuff to find an interesting result. new game = new engine, new anti cheat system, better coding... it will also probably be officially hosted, meaning we cant host our own servers, or worse yet, be a GFWL game and use the xbox model...
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby mrjamwin » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:09 am

Eyes Only wrote:
mrjamwin wrote:

swbfront2 really has no protection against messing with stuff to find an interesting result. new game = new engine, new anti cheat system, better coding... it will also probably be officially hosted, meaning we cant host our own servers, or worse yet, be a GFWL game and use the xbox model...

Just out of curiousity how did you come to the conclusion? I doubt that would be the case for a PC version.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Darth Crater » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:24 am

It's possible that Spark Unlimited was one on the 10 (!) teams working on Star Wars: Kinect. Not sure how this fits in overall. Not exactly high-confidence information, though, since it's sourced to a single vague tweet.

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/supererogatory/status/185944181871620098
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Darth Crater » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Leaked footage from Free Radical's version, ca. 2008:

http://ptoponline.com/?p=47
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Previous