Great news for me!

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Great news for me!

Postby BurzaP » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:42 pm

IJO sha-quan-jone wrote:I fight for all the people who think it is stupid to go fight, cause they are the ones who need to be protected the most.

I didn't write it is stupid and I didn't mean it - only that some steps are not always necessary and I can't understand people who take them(not exactly:I can understand their choice, but can't why they don't realize it's not always necessary and may do more evil than good).
So..IMO by protecting you can always kill innocents and there is this slight border between coming into "the end justifies the means" and the real welfare you want to achieve.
+ Always respect your choice, the matter I wouldn't do the same is something different.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby 11_Panama_ » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I kind of get what Burzap is getting at. Our military used to protect our country..not anymore. Sadly, most modern wars are started to protect "interests"..not our country or citizens. The protection of EXXON's profits is more important than protecting you. I still have much respect for our guys in uniform though...most are there to serve for the good of the country...it's just a shame that politicians are so quick to send them to a foreign land to do their dirty work. I rephrase that.....corporations send our soldiers to war with the blessing of politicians.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Yanoda » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:48 am

Quite late on my side... :innocent:
I'm not too fond of the army but I want to congratulate you and hope that you'll have a long and successful career! :th_a017:

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby BurzaP » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:48 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:I kind of get what Burzap is getting at. Our military used to protect our country..not anymore. Sadly, most modern wars are started to protect "interests"..not our country or citizens. The protection of EXXON's profits is more important than protecting you. I still have much respect for our guys in uniform though...most are there to serve for the good of the country...it's just a shame that politicians are so quick to send them to a foreign land to do their dirty work. I rephrase that.....corporations send our soldiers to war with the blessing of politicians.

Exactly.
I wrote it maybe not that clear because I think not only USA army "plays" like that. Other countries up to some point too. When they are no longer endangered they find targets for themselves.... and then they call it serving for your country/ representing country abroad or (I like this one expecially:) "helping" others like USA in Libia... in meantime pumping some oil from them :lol: but under this envelope(to not name it bs) is something else.
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." -Roger Federer
C'mon Roger!
BurzaP
SWBF2 Admin

Location: Stawiguda (not this galaxy if you want to find me...)
Xfire: burzap
Steam ID: vorrtz

Postby 11_Panama_ » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:16 pm

I know I'm kind of getting off topic a bit..and I'm sorry Shaq..but I guess the last few posts sort of opened up a can of worms. As I stated...I'm behind and support our troops that put their lives in danger in the name of Liberty. What we have to understand is that the Defense Dept. needs to justify the billions of dollars they ask Congress to fund them. Now think about a "safe world" and "peace on Earth"...they will never allow that...allowing that means no more funds. We live in a time where America "beat out the competion"....we are the sole remaining "Super Power" (China is rising, but not nearly as technologicly advanced), when the Soviet Union fell...we had no major threats to us anymore. So how does the Defense Dept. justify the billions of dollars they want with no real threats to America? Make up a enemy. Does the War on Terror ring a bell? A war that's not against any nation and that could last for generations..if it ever ends...how do you end terror? Heck, how do you fight terror?...with terror? And why are our Liberties being taken away?...is the War on us? Did you know that the Patriot Act was drafted 10 years before 9/11 by father Bush? And that they said it will take another Pearl Harbor for citizens to accept it? Then 9/11 comes (with his son at the Helm..what a coincidence), and they call it "Our Pearl Harbor". My point here is....our military has changed, we no longer protect or defend, we are the sole "Super Power" and we are now the World police. Example....could you imagine China invading The United States to arrest our President? Yet that's exactly what our country did to Iraq and my country...Panama. Thanks USA for protecting me against Saddam and Noriega..I can sleep soundly again.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:11 pm

haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Shalandai » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Panama, you have me concerned. You and I actually agree on something. Are you feeling alright?
Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Postby [$$$]PSI » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:48 pm

We going to go fishing with those worms :D .

Don’t underestimate China. China has a vast army and a handle on their economy far greater than the US has on their economy. Russia has nukes which they haven’t been afraid to hand out to countries in the East for money, plus they have a strong army that I believe could go head to head with the US. The war in Iraq was not needed, I mean George Bush kept saying that Suddam had access to weapons of mass destruction and biological weapons and so one, but the US didn’t find any evidence before and after the invasion.
[$$$]PSI
Community Member

Xfire: poundpersquareinch
Steam ID: PoundsPerSquareInches

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:41 pm

[$$$]PSI wrote:We going to go fishing with those worms :D .

Don’t underestimate China. China has a vast army and a handle on their economy far greater than the US has on their economy. Russia has nukes which they haven’t been afraid to hand out to countries in the East for money, plus they have a strong army that I believe could go head to head with the US. The war in Iraq was not needed, I mean George Bush kept saying that Suddam had access to weapons of mass destruction and biological weapons and so one, but the US didn’t find any evidence before and after the invasion.

wasn't needed!!! I admit we stayed their alittle to long but are you saying we should just let them go ahead and bomb us and just sit back saying "sure go ahead we are to [m'kay] stupid to fight back"?
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 am

Ah time to insert my two cents.

George Bush, as "Commander in Chief" bypassed Congress and authorized the invasion of Iraq! You can't do that! (Or at least you aren't supposed to, only Congress was designated the power to declare war). The actions that took place there can be compared to genocide.

George Bush justified his actions by stating that Iraq had access to WMDs - Weapons of Mass Destruction. This claim has been falsified; no evidence of these weapons has been discovered in the 9 years the US was in Iraq. There is strong evidence to suggest the United States did not invade Iraq because of the WMDs; speculation can arrive at the conclusion that our policy was oil-related, wanting to control Middle Eastern oil and secure our energy future.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II