Great news for me!

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Great news for me!

Postby Darth Crater » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:25 am

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:Ah time to insert my two cents.

George Bush, as "Commander in Chief" bypassed Congress and authorized the invasion of Iraq! You can't do that! (Or at least you aren't supposed to, only Congress was designated the power to declare war). The actions that took place there can be compared to genocide.

George Bush justified his actions by stating that Iraq had access to WMDs - Weapons of Mass Destruction. This claim has been falsified; no evidence of these weapons has been discovered in the 9 years the US was in Iraq. There is strong evidence to suggest the United States did not invade Iraq because of the WMDs; speculation can arrive at the conclusion that our policy was oil-related, wanting to control Middle Eastern oil and secure our energy future.

See, before the war, Saddam was doing everything in his power to convince the world that he did have WMD's. In hindsight, he was probably just trying to deter his neighbors (especially Iran), but it ended up backfiring rather severely. (Sorry for the lack of sources; I discussed this a couple years ago and don't have time to find them again)

Also, I suggest you look up what "genocide" means. Then look up what Saddam did to the Kurds and other minorities. I fail to see how our military's operations compare in any way to that.

:offtopic: Congratulations, Shaq! :offtopic:
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:13 pm

thanks man, and pepsi genocide is what Hitler did, not Bush. And why does no one remember 9/11!!!
All cry panic, and release the dogs of war!
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Location: somewhere between laughing at you and beating your ass.

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:33 pm

I know what genocide means, though I probably should have referred to it in a separate paragraph. Yes, Hitler and Saddam both did commit massive genocides, but when the American army "liberated" Iraq, several civilians were caught in the cross-fire.

You dare justify our invasion of Iraq by bringing up 9/11??? Quan, that is one of the most ignorant statements I've read. 9/11 was NOT committed by the Iraqi government, al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for the attack. The Iraqi government was not (as far as we know) involved. Ignorant Americans seek to group all Muslims into "them" and have developed an "us against them" mentality. They are NOT ALL THE SAME!
Last edited by (SWGO)SirPepsi on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:37 pm

(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:I know what genocide means, though I probably should have referred to it in a separate paragraph. Yes, Hitler and Saddam both did commit massive genocides, but when the American army "liberated" Iraq, several civilians were caught in the cross-fire.

"several"....really? that is not genocide in the least, unfortunate? yes. and you mean when we "returned fire" not "liberated"
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:40 pm

IJO sha-quan-jone wrote:
(SWGO)SirPepsi wrote:I know what genocide means, though I probably should have referred to it in a separate paragraph. Yes, Hitler and Saddam both did commit massive genocides, but when the American army "liberated" Iraq, several civilians were caught in the cross-fire.

"several"....really? that is not genocide in the least, unfortunate? yes. and you mean when we "returned fire" not "liberated"

Iraq had NEVER ATTACKED US! What are you talking about? We invaded Iraq because we perceived a threat; they had never before assaulted the United States. (See the post I last edited)
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby [$$$]PSI » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:25 pm

George Bush, as "Commander in Chief" bypassed Congress and authorized the invasion of Iraq! You can't do that! (Or at least you aren't supposed to, only Congress was designated the power to declare war). The actions that took place there can be compared to genocide.

George Bush justified his actions by stating that Iraq had access to WMDs - Weapons of Mass Destruction. This claim has been falsified; no evidence of these weapons has been discovered in the 9 years the US was in Iraq. There is strong evidence to suggest the United States did not invade Iraq because of the WMDs; speculation can arrive at the conclusion that our policy was oil-related, wanting to control Middle Eastern oil and secure our energy future.

Thank you! I thought I was alone here. Everything in this post ^^^.

Pepsi is right, Al Qaeda are the ones that are responsible for the 9/11. I admit that the Iraqi government could care less about what they did, but that doesn’t give us the right to start a war or hold the Iraqi government responsible. It’s amazing how the federal government did such a great job at convincing 70% of America that it was Sudan who planned and executed 9/11. I’m glad that Sudan isn't still alive though.
Last edited by [$$$]PSI on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[$$$]PSI
Community Member

Xfire: poundpersquareinch
Steam ID: PoundsPerSquareInches

Postby SuperHappyMan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:51 pm

[$$$]PSI wrote:

Pepsi is right, Al Qaeda are the ones that are responsible for the 9/11. I admit that the Iraqi government could care less about what they did, but that doesn’t give us the right to start a war and it sure as hell doesn’t mean that the Iraqi government should be held responsible. It’s amazing how the government did such a great job at convincing 70% of America that it was planned and executed 9/11. I sure as hell wanted to kill Sudan for what he did though.

What the hell did Sudan do to you, mate?
SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby [$$$]PSI » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:59 pm

He didn’t do anything to me, I’m just glad that he isn’t still alive. That’s what I meant to say.
[$$$]PSI
Community Member

Xfire: poundpersquareinch
Steam ID: PoundsPerSquareInches

Postby SuperHappyMan » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:07 pm

SuperHappyMan
Community Member

Postby IJO sha-quan-jone » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:51 pm

[$$$]PSI wrote:

Pepsi is right, Al Qaeda are the ones that are responsible for the 9/11. I admit that the Iraqi government could care less about what they did, but that doesn’t give us the right to start a war or hold the Iraqi government responsible. It’s amazing how the federal government did such a great job at convincing 70% of America that it was Sudan who planned and executed 9/11. I’m glad that Sudan isn't still alive though.

first you say that it was indeed Al Qaeda that attacked us then you say that we "started" the war? make up your mind
IJO sha-quan-jone
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II