Crashing

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Crashing

Postby Yanoda » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:43 am

The sound driver game crash bug was widely spread, I even had the problem in the past.
I don't really know why or how the sound driver affects the game that much, but usually updating or disabling the sound driver fixed 80% of the crash bugs.
Concerning the lag in-game, I think that the game is just not effective/efficient in using the better hardware during online gaming. The internet connection is a major factor too. Slow internet connection will more than likely give you lag than aging hardware.
The game hasn't run any smoother after upgrading my Graphic Card from a 8600 GT to GTX 560. Also, the game has difficulties utilizing multiple core CPUs, sometimes one has to dedicate a single core to the game (run like a single core CPU).

You very welcome Col.Hstar. :punk:

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby [$$$]PSI » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Can someone tell me how to disable my sound? Do I just go to audio on the main menu and lower master volume to the lowest setting?
[$$$]PSI
Community Member

Xfire: poundpersquareinch
Steam ID: PoundsPerSquareInches

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 pm

[$$$]PSI wrote:Can someone tell me how to disable my sound? Do I just go to audio on the main menu and lower master volume to the lowest setting?

Lower everything go 0.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Yanoda » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm

[$$$]PSI wrote:Can someone tell me how to disable my sound? Do I just go to audio on the main menu and lower master volume to the lowest setting?

What Operating System do you have?
Go to device manager (control panel > hardware & sound > device manager) and disable the sound driver by right clicking and selecting disable.
The same procedure is done to enable the driver again.

Hope this helped.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby WD-40 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:25 am

There's a little speaker symbol in the lower right corner of your desktop (should be). Click on it and lower the scroll down to zero....or shove some ear plugs into your ears as a Plan B.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby [$$$]PSI » Thu May 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks guys for all the help. The reason I asked is because I would log onto a server and then after the long loading it just told me I lost connection. I read somewhere that it could be fixed by disabling the sound. I tried it yesterday doing what daae and wd told me and it seems to work fine now, but if it ever happens again I'll do what yanoda told me to do. Really thanks again for all your help guys. I should be on soon to kick all y'all butts :gunsmilie: .
[$$$]PSI
Community Member

Xfire: poundpersquareinch
Steam ID: PoundsPerSquareInches

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II