Adding 2 letters to the Auto Admin

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Adding 2 letters to the Auto Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed May 02, 2012 2:50 am

Ok so here we go again. For those of you faint of heart when it comes to complaining I suggest you hit the back button on your browser immediately because this won't be pretty.

For months we had peace, for months we had quiet, for months we had whine and crying free servers. But now darkness has returned. It has returned and it has minions. That darkness is "Icerigger". He has become as reliable as "death and taxes" with his commentary on the game play of fellow players.

I know it is hard to boot or kick someone when they are only flaming" or "venting" but I would like to focus this in a different view. The constant wail from Ice is to call out BS whenever someone kills him. At this point he is only frustrated with getting killed which is natural. But then it is taken a step further. He calls the person a hacker, or a cheater. This changes the problem from player venting to a player disrespecting others. I know many here don't need it recited to them but I want to put this line in from the "SWGO SWBF2 Server Rules and Penalty Guidelines" thread.

No Disrespecting Admins or Other Players
Any comments that detract from the authority of an admin is considered disrespectful. Any comments that show contempt to an admin or other player will be considered disrespectful.

Penalties
1. Warning
2. Kick
3. 10 Minute Ban
4. Admin Option of up to 1 Week Ban.

This is the part I feel needs to be addressed when it comes to Icerigger, and those who feel the need act like him. His comments are rude, they demean the people playing against him, and they start fights and arguments between people.
AS A SIDE NOTE: I mention Icerigger because he is one of the most notorious ones out there for this type of conduct, but he is not the only. (G)crazy-duck, Ace-spades, are two of the others who come to mind. As I said before, this type of behavior is spreading because people think it's is acceptable.

Now I am not going to just complain and ask the admins to deal with it, I know it's a hard thing to enforce, that's why I titled this topic the way I did. I think a solution would be to add "BS" to the list of automatic warnings and kicks. Mainly because this is usually what kicks off the ranting and arguing. It should be acceptable to add it since everyone knows it's initials for bull [poo]. and since [poo] is not allowed in the chat lines BS could be reasonably added as a offending word. I think that by having the in game admin automatically calling the player to attention that they need to cool it will stave of some if not most of the disrespect in the games.

This is only a suggestion, I didn't want to pose a complaint without a possible solution. I hope that someway can be thought of to stop this behavior, which basically amount to bullying.

Regards
The Col
Last edited by Col. Hstar on Wed May 02, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Re: Adding 2 letters to the Auto Admin

Postby Bryant » Wed May 02, 2012 3:53 am

This has been discussed a little on the Admin forum.
As far as banning "bs", some admins are for it, but most are against it (I think).
I believe the majority opinion is that "bs" is not enough by itself and not usually a direct attack against a player.

I personally feel that "bs" is minor, but since "wtf" is banned then it might warrant "bs" being banned as well...
I'll leave this one to the :wheelchair: :wheelchair: :wheelchair: to decide.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby Ariel » Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 am

:offtopic: I know that this might be besides the point at the moment, but Icerigger is no longer a member of merc, and has not been for a few weeks due to such actions and language as has already been mentioned. If he is still wearing our tags on other clans' servers, it is out of our control. We accept no responsibility nor take any blame for his actions.

On topic: you couldn't just ban "bs," because the auto-admin must be formatted a certain way to ban two-letter words. If a simple "bs" was added to the banned words list, people would get kicked for saying "noobs" or "bombs," because they contain "bs." I know that my point of view really has no sway, but I do agree with banning "bs." It is probably the most abused phrase in the game.
I am a white, straight, educated, conservative Christian who owns guns...I am a liberal's worst nightmare.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER >>>https://twitter.com/#!/Musical_Muze<<<

Ariel
Community Member

Xfire: 1992ariel
Steam ID: 1992ariel

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed May 02, 2012 4:23 am

Bryant wrote:This has been discussed a little on the Admin forum.

Did it have my flare for the dramatics :whistling:

Bryant wrote:I believe the majority opinion is that "bs" is not enough by itself and not usually a direct attack against a player..

I agree, that's why I said having the auto admin give warnings and the occasional boot for saying bs would prevent further problems. mainly because that's where it starts 50% of the time. It's not a banable (my new word ?) but it will remind players to leave it at that and not accuse others of cheating.

think of it as a preventative measure
Last edited by Col. Hstar on Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Draigun » Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 am

Ariel wrote:If a simple "bs" was added to the banned words list, people would get kicked for saying "noobs" or "bombs," because they contain "bs." I know that my point of view really has no sway, but I do agree with banning "bs." It is probably the most abused phrase in the game.

Actually there are certain variables available you can use to match the exact word in a name or chat, or both in any combination.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed May 02, 2012 5:19 am

Ariel wrote:I know that this might be besides the point at the moment, but Icerigger is no longer a member of merc, and has not been for a few weeks due to such actions and language as has already been mentioned. If he is still wearing our tags on other clans' servers, it is out of our control. We accept no responsibility nor take any blame for his actions.

It really wasn't relevant to what I was saying, Ice is an individual, I wasn't associating his behavior with the merc clan. That's just how his name was appearing lately. Either way I edited the post to remove the "merc" tag.

You will not be named in the coming class action lawsuit :lol:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Wed May 02, 2012 5:21 am

Been discussed more than once. Not gonna happen.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby WD-40 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:28 am

I'm one of the ones that leans toward 'no' as well. By itself, it's not a direct assault on a player, but rather a way to vent frustration.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 am

WD-40 wrote:I'm one of the ones that leans toward 'no' as well. By itself, it's not a direct assault on a player, but rather a way to vent frustration.

haasd0gg wrote:Been discussed more than once. Not gonna happen.

I understand what you guys are saying, maybe I made a mistake naming the topic that name then. The main issue I am presenting is the contempt and disrespect that follows. The "bs" thing was just an offering of a solution, but I see how it would not be productive.
Is this then just a scenario where we should just capture screenies and report them?
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby The Master » Wed May 02, 2012 5:36 am

Col. Hstar wrote:You will not be named in the coming class action lawsuit :lol:

There is a lawsuit? :eek:
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II