Wii U

A place to comment anything about your favorite Wii games.

Re: Wii U

Postby haasd0gg » Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 pm

The last part is enough on its own to make me want to boycott. Someone better tell the Japanese we prefer operating in a unrestricted economy. :evil:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Acesonnall » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

:/
My temporary site: http://flavors.me/acesonnall
3DS FC: 2750 - 1690 - 5913
(Let me know when you add me so I can add you back)
Stupidity indeed knows no bounds.
Acesonnall
Community Member

Postby Yanoda » Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 pm

haasd0gg wrote:The last part is enough on its own to make me want to boycott. Someone better tell the Japanese we prefer operating in a unrestricted economy. :evil:

Unfortunately it has already spread. Many PC games come with DRMs or require online connection to enable game play.
From what I also gather, is that iTunes also uses a form of DRM where one can only copy the song for a set amount of times before it gets locked.
Our digital economy (digital media, games, music etc.) is far from unrestricted.
I'd go on but that is for another topic :whistling:

I owned the Wii and found it decent. Unfortunately it only contained a few games that sparked my interest. I'm interested what further news will come out of it.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby haasd0gg » Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 pm

I don't even buy used games. Just principle.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby NiteRunner81 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 am

I am planning on making a confirmation call, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that Microsoft would drm their console games... My hubby (who used to work for microsoft) has buddys in the gaming dev department and I'm certain he would have heard about something this outlandish. I just don't see it. There are siblings constantly sharing games, sell old games to get money for partial payment for new games. I think this holds no merit. the Xbox devs are working on more important things like how to get the most media entertainment out of your console, like our cable company has an app and we can get ON DEMAND content streamed thru our xbox.

If this is true my hubby will hang his head in shame for working for such greedy nutbags. The company is a very relaxed company. He got his job without any drug testing and EVEN without an interview. His buddy (and former boss) said "I want this guy" and he got the job, even drove down to PDX from Seattle (general locations not the actual cities we lived in) to get him for this job.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Yanoda » Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 am

NiteRunner81 wrote:I am planning on making a confirmation call, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that Microsoft would drm their console games... My hubby (who used to work for microsoft) has buddys in the gaming dev department and I'm certain he would have heard about something this outlandish. I just don't see it. There are siblings constantly sharing games, sell old games to get money for partial payment for new games. I think this holds no merit. the Xbox devs are working on more important things like how to get the most media entertainment out of your console, like our cable company has an app and we can get ON DEMAND content streamed thru our xbox.

Microsoft has nothing to do with DRMs since they rarely are the publisher of a game; it is the publishers that use DRMs. It is not much a console problem, but it is focused mostly on the PC platform.
Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer cannot be played if you purchased a used copy (required to get the full singleplayer experience or choices IMHO) that also counts for consoles. Many Ubisoft games require online access to enable gameplay, if you have no internet or servers are down means you can't play the game. EA had several games (Sims 3 and Spore for example) that only let you install a game 3 times on different computers (installing new hardware registers as a new computer) until it locks the game. A tedious customer service can get you the game unlocked again though, but the process repeats.

In that aspect, I would say the online support is much better for consoles (XBox especially) but most pay a monthly subscription for that.

So you do not have to worry concerning DRM on consoles.

Cheers

Yanoda
Yanoda
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: yanoda
Steam ID: Yanoda

Postby stelio » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:47 am

last H..er React.. video spamm sry guys,.... make me LOL

Best Regards :th_a017:
stelio
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:36 am

Can't wait for ssb4... then again the new mario kart has been keeping me busy for a while :)
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Previous

Return to Wii Games