Adding 2 letters to the Auto Admin

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Adding 2 letters to the Auto Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri May 04, 2012 1:16 am

SUPERS@MURAI wrote:
Col. Hstar wrote:
SUPERS@MURAI wrote:You guys realize that ingame bots repeatedly use insulting terms against the enemy. And some even continue to shoot an enemy after being killed. Should we ban the word "scum" because it's used repeatedly in an insulting manner by bots? Just thought I'd throw that out there....

Yes hearing the emps call me scum is very hurtful....
But I can mute my volume, I can't turn off the chat log.
and it's hardly the same thing.... :roll: :)

It is the same thing. Insults are thrown repeatedly. Isn't that what's being done in the chat? And who really plays without volume? Guys, we are playing a game that is simulating war, and Lucas Arts didn't seem to have a problem programing bots to shout insults why should we? Of course if you have jerks that go overboard and continually harass than by all means report/kick/ban. I think some of us need to grow thick skin and look at the overall point of the game, which is to kill, survive and have fun. After all, this is war game and not a trip through candy land.

Wow. I thought it was pretty clear that I was kidding about being offended by the word scum and turning the volume down. Come on Samurai give me a break. I know you don't know me but that would be absurd, muting the game to avoid the insults. The point of what I was saying is that it has crossed the line of jerks going over board.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:03 am

I suppose one of the reasons I have enjoyed BF2 for so long, is that I focus more on 'playing' the game and doing my best to outsmart and outshoot the opposing players; and Less time being concerned about or worrying about what some douche bag said in chat. To me, chat is a distraction, unless it involves some interesting topic worthy of my attention. Nuff said.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby The Master » Fri May 04, 2012 6:27 am

WD-40 wrote:I suppose one of the reasons I have enjoyed BF2 for so long, is that I focus more on 'playing' the game and doing my best to outsmart and outshoot the opposing players; and Less time being concerned about or worrying about what some douche bag said in chat. To me, chat is a distraction, unless it involves some interesting topic worthy of my attention. Nuff said.

I agree with this on some level. Col. I think everyone just wants you to drop this. WD I see what your saying about ignoring the chat logs, but not everyone can do that. It's there in the game as a function. Even you as an admin can't disregard what said on the chat, otherwise there would be no reason to have rules on what you can and can't say or do.
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

Postby SWINE FLU » Fri May 04, 2012 7:09 am

We should make "noob" a banned word. Watch the chaos! :punk:

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri May 04, 2012 9:07 am

Bueno Player wrote:Col. I think everyone just wants you to drop this.

Not sure there is anything that needs to be dropped. This is just a discussion bueno, no one is mad or upset. (of course if I'm wrong, apologies in advance :whistling: )

I'll say just one more thing on this topic. :drse:

Yes, it is just words in a game that doesn't need to have words, but no one can ignore that there are idiot trolls who shoot off the mouth. There are rules in this community about disrespect, and contempt for other players.
I am not going to go into a big slant about double standards or anything like that, but I would point out that if this behavior was directed towards an admin in-game I am 99.9% sure that person would be kicked. Again not talking about the "BS" stuff. I am referring to the "#$@% Hacker" and "#$@% Cheater" comments. We have posts in this topic about "having a thick skin" and "this is a war game, not a trip through candyland" yet there have been, times where someone gets kicked for saying shut-up to an admin. Not saying that's not justified, but those are "just words" too. So please don't boil this all down to "it's just words, ignore it".

Probably said too much, please refer to the aforementioned apologies, I'll probably have people mad at what I'm saying....

but hey it's just words right?
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Fri May 04, 2012 10:59 am

MATTHEW'S_DAD:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Fri May 04, 2012 1:58 pm

Col. Hstar wrote:Wow. I thought it was pretty clear that I was kidding about being offended by the word scum and turning the volume down.

No, you were'nt lol. And the word "BS" stays. In fact, this is something that has been regurgitated many times over. Topic locked.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Previous

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II