Hello and help needed

Join our community

Hello and help needed

Postby pLasticboy » Wed May 09, 2012 6:32 am

Hi there. I guess this is long overdue. I've been playing BF II on the SWGO, NYC and Jedi Battle Arena servers off and on for quite a while under the name of pLasticboy. I love this game, it's a great way to relax and have some fun when when I want is some instant action, it's been my go to game. So it's about time I finally found this site and said hello .

But I guess I may not have come here even now if I didn't have a problem I wanted help with. Two or three weeks back I tried to log on and I got booted from session messages a few times and then the list of servers that used to pop up in the in game list just disappeared. I didn't make any changes. I have the same firewall and antivirus settings and have never used Gamespy or xfire (which the game seems to recommend) and I can't think of any reason why I would have been banned.......unless.....it's because I've been freeloading all this time.....If that's the case I then I would be glad to contribute the upkeep of the servers. Also something I should not have let slide so long. But here I am, I humbly admitting my sins and I'm asking for help.

So if anyone has any thoughts on what is going on please let me know, I'd appreciate it.
pLasticboy
Community Member

Re: Hello and help needed

Postby SWINE FLU » Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 am

Options--->Online--->Search All Regions---> Yes

[09:24] -SR-Mandalore: we should just marry each other

X-Fire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu
Origin ID: The_Spaniard

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up." Thomas Wayne - Batman Series
SWINE FLU
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: swineflu13
Steam ID: iamswineflu

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed May 09, 2012 7:11 am

This happens to me a lot of times. usually it's when the server is switching maps.
For instance if JBA is wrapping up Hoth when you turn the game on, it won't show the game as an option until a new map loads.
For me I usually go to the NYC one or HA. Or if your heart is set on a specific server, then just keep pounding the refresh button. It''ll come up sooner or later :clap:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Wed May 09, 2012 11:26 am

Hello plasticboy, nice to see that you found ur way here. i am hadrian from gametracker. :)
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby pLasticboy » Wed May 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi, [$$$]_Daae_ thanks for pointing me to this site and hi Col. Hstar. I don't think that's my problem. It's not possible for me to go to another server because there aren't ANY servers listed - the list is blank, nada, nothing. I have no idea why. As I said, it worked fine up until about 3 weeks ago then I got a few "booted from session" messages when trying to log in and then one time when I started the game the server list just came up completely empty.

Previously, the servers where just there when i installed the game. I had installed it on 2 different computers and the list of servers was just there. Now it's gone.

Looking for some tech help from someone who knows much more about his than I do.

I considered just buying the game on Steam since it only $10 and I see from the forum that it's on there now. But would that work? Is there access to the same servers or is there anyone on Steam playing this game?

My son keeps telling me to switch to something like Counter Strike but it's just not the same....

[edit; don't know why my post appears to be in bold, not intentional]
pLasticboy
Community Member

Postby Darth Crater » Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 pm

The server list is across all versions of the PC game, including the Steam copies.

If you've made sure to fix the region settings and still aren't seeing anything, then something on your system is blocking the game from receiving the list. Make sure that your firewall and antivirus aren't interfering (if necessary, turn them off for long enough to launch the game and see if anything changes).
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby pLasticboy » Wed May 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi Darth Crater. Where to i set regions? Under Options>Online there's a place to tick "search all regions" and I've tried ticking both "yes" and "no". Also, when thr list came up before there were servers from all over, there was at least one fro Australia.

I've set both my firewall and my antivirus (both Norton...I know) to "allow" BF II the setting was previously "auto" and it worked fine. I will try disabling Norton and see what happens.

[EDIT] No luck. Disabled both firewall and antivirus and still no server list.
pLasticboy
Community Member

Postby ULTIMATE_EAW » Wed May 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Hello and Welcome to SWGO. I'm sure you will have fun here. make what you want and post what you really want.

Username: ULTIMATE_EAW
Nickname: (SWGO)Star Wars
ULTIMATE EMPIRE AT WAR. Download and start the game, remember what i will do.

Find out what CODE this is: EAW, EAW FOC, SWTFU2, SWTOR, SWJKII: JO, SWJK: JA.

Find out this CODE and you win.
ULTIMATE_EAW
Community Member

Xfire: Secret
Steam ID: Secret

Postby Acesonnall » Wed May 09, 2012 11:07 pm

ULTIMATE_EAW wrote:... make what you want and post what you really want.

Username: ULTIMATE_EAW
Nickname: (SWGO)Star Wars

And then Olso showed up.
-------------

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find the regular members on this forum to be quite amusing at the very least.
My temporary site: http://flavors.me/acesonnall
3DS FC: 2750 - 1690 - 5913
(Let me know when you add me so I can add you back)
Stupidity indeed knows no bounds.
Acesonnall
Community Member

Postby Richdog » Thu May 10, 2012 12:12 am

Hi plastic, good to see you. You're always fun to play with and good competition. As to your game, I'm confused whether you can see the SWGO servers in the list, but get booted when you try to join, or whether you can't see them at all. Depending on the time of day, the servers do get full and disappear from the available servers list. Likewise boot bugs do occur from time to time too, but these should be sporadic issues. Only other thing I can suggest is Options -> Online -> and set Hosting Bandwidth to 6M.
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Next

Return to Say Hello