Hello and help needed

Join our community

Re: Hello and help needed

Postby (SWGO)SirPepsi » Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 am

Hello pLasticboy! Welcome to SWGO! =)

Sorry about your problem, and I apologise if my solution is redundant but: have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? It might work.

Fortuna bona habeas.
Love and Pepsi are the two most important things in life.

(SWGO)SirPepsi
Community Member

Xfire: sirpepsi

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu May 10, 2012 2:15 am

Hola Plasticboy, I had issues like that awhile ago. No servers listed. It happened when I hit refresh too many times I guess....my modem kinda lost signal. I reseted, (unplugged it) and tried again, and that worked for me. Oh...sometimes that happens too when Gamespy has a fart (goes down). Gl.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby pLasticboy » Thu May 10, 2012 6:36 am

Thanks for all the welcomes and suggestiions.

Richdog When my problems started, I still had the list of servers showing just as it always had. But when I tried to join a match, I'd get the "booted from session" message. I was completely unable to play multiplayer. That happened 3 or 4 times on separate occasions when I tried to play. Then, the next time I decided to give it go I started the game but the list of servers was just blank. Haven't been able to get it back since.

(SWGO)SirPepsi Tried several times and different ways to reinstall. I have 2 copies of the game on disc (one is the original game bought not long after it came out and the other one I have came with the Star Wars Fan Favorites collection that includes SWBF, SWBF II, and SW Republic Commando ). Tried uninstalling and installing them both. Tried with and without the patch that was issued by Lucas Arts (1.2). No change.

11_Panama_ Thanks, I'll try resetting the modem tomorrow and post back with the results....right now I just got out of work and feel like playing something. SWtoR still works :gunsmilie:
pLasticboy
Community Member

Postby pLasticboy » Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 am

Well, I'm sorry to report that resetting the modem did not work.

I'm thoroughly stumped.

I don't know if there's a moderator around but if there is maybe this thread should be moved to the Tech forum.
pLasticboy
Community Member

Postby SUPERS@MURAI » Fri May 11, 2012 11:45 am

Sorry to hear about your connection troubles. Have you tried checking your ping (pingtest.net) or internet speed (speedtest.net)? Also try a full power cycling of your modem, that is, shut down pc, remove cable from wall, unplug modem and router, remove eithernet cable from pc, wait a minute or so, then re-connect first cable from wall, plug modem, router, eithernet cable on pc, then start pc. Also try removing all connections from and to pc, all usb, monitor, audio (if laptop, remove battery and any connections). You pc should be left with nothing attatched to it. Then push the power button for 10 seconds to discharge any electrical static buildup. This also works great for cell phones, makes charge last longer.
SUPERS@MURAI
Site Admin

Xfire: supersamura1
Steam ID: samuraisaurus
Origin ID: SUP3RSAMURA1

Postby pLasticboy » Sat May 12, 2012 6:35 am

Good news, it's fixed. I have no idea what caused the initial problem because i don't see how what i did to fix it could have caused it in the first place. But who cares? It works now.

I'll explain. I have Win 7, 64 bit which requires you to run older 32 bit programs under Comparability Mode. I ran the comparability wizard and it now works fine. Of course, it worked fine for months before I did that so what caused it to go flooey is still unknown.

But anyway, Thank you all for the help and advice. I'll be seeing you around I hope. I haven't looked at the SWtoR forum yet but i intend to.

Thanks again.
pLasticboy
Community Member

Postby Acesonnall » Sun May 13, 2012 10:36 am

Saw you online earlier today.
My temporary site: http://flavors.me/acesonnall
3DS FC: 2750 - 1690 - 5913
(Let me know when you add me so I can add you back)
Stupidity indeed knows no bounds.
Acesonnall
Community Member

Postby pLasticboy » Tue May 15, 2012 6:26 am

heh, did you see how rusty I was? Need practice badly.
pLasticboy
Community Member

Previous

Return to Say Hello