Re: Mercenary Gaming News

Postby Vishy » Thu May 17, 2012 1:33 am

lol like that even matters :whistling:
Vishy
Community Member

Xfire: wabbitface98

Postby WD-40 » Thu May 17, 2012 1:50 am

Nightrider wrote:You guys calling Ariel names and stuff needs to go back to your hole. Ariel is one of the two good admins left.

Ariel does not = Merc.

So what the %$@#!*&% is he even doing here?? I honestly don't even give Merc 1/10th of a thought. They're just some 'clan' that pops their heads in from time to time to say..."Hey! Don't forget about us! We exist too you know!" Jesus Christ!
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 am

I sense a great amount of anger over something as trivial as this announcement. Did I miss something?
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Vishy » Thu May 17, 2012 2:17 am

WD-40 wrote:So what the %$@#!*&% is he even doing here?? I honestly don't even give Merc 1/10th of a thought. They're just some 'clan' that pops their heads in from time to time to say..."Hey! Don't forget about us! We exist too you know!" Jesus Christ!

Lol.. I wouldn't be surprised if Merc's SWBF2 division ceases to exist. If that happens, SWGO might want to increase the max players on their server, since it'll be the only main TK off server, and summer is approaching.

Man, I'm glad I got out of Merc before this [poo] started.
Vishy
Community Member

Postby Nightrider » Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 am

True that Vishy.

I still enjoy killing two merc admins with one saber :punk: :lol: :lol:
Nightrider
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu May 17, 2012 2:43 am

Right if you did come here on your own it just shows us (yet again) how some merc members are, you come here claiming you have the privledge of speaking in behalf of your supirior admins, i mean really? if they have anything to say they could at least come themselfs to talk to us, then you say you actually lied about it, and came here just spreading [poo] we don't care about either way, your not making our views on merc improve your actually making it worse.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Shalandai » Thu May 17, 2012 5:22 am

Minas_Tirith wrote:First of, SWGO never cared, and will never care about anything outside SWGO, these forums have often been ussed for messages like these, i recall Shal here posting a message about the same thing about merc "changing" again, like we give a damn about changes made, tough some of merc are a part of SWGO that doesn't mean SWGO is a part of Merc, if you have anything to communicate to your members please do so on your own forums.

Minas_Tirith wrote:Right if you did come here on your own it just shows us (yet again) how some merc members are, you come here claiming you have the privledge of speaking in behalf of your supirior admins, i mean really? if they have anything to say they could at least come themselfs to talk to u

Before I adequately respond to this, I would like to make a very specific clarification: what immediately follows is past tense.

First off, when I first posted, I did not do so as a bulletin or newsletter announcement. I did so as part of a personal introduction to establish myself as an 'ambassador' or 'liaison', as I stated in my goals. If you care to peruse the original thread (here) you will in fact note that it was you, actually, who was asking questions about the changes in Merc. My intention was to have Merc co-exist within the community, as a part of it, rather than be isolationist and secluded away from it. And more specifically, I wanted there to be some form of leadership that could actually be reachable to the general community.

Ariel's post is... something else.

Koko wrote:Why the hell did you decide SWGO forums are your NEWS feed ?
Go post this on your forums, or the forums of the clans you mentioned as involved, but why do you use SWGO (community that is not involved in any way in your message) as an Advertisement board for your clan?

My above statements were made expressly clear to my Admins and my members. During my time in Merc, I actively encouraged members to become more involved with other clans and communities (these SWGO forums included) to continue with the intended goal that I stated above.

Now, in a more direct response to Koko, and in present tense: I can only conclude that Ariel is attempting to follow in my footsteps with the precedent that I established during my time in Merc. You are absolutely correct in that his post reads as a ridiculous, unnecessary news feed, but that is the only justification I can gather for why he would have done it in the first place. So, in that regard, feel free to blame me.

Ariel wrote:5. The Admins also do not like how the Star Wars Community treats our members and our clan. What makes this a major issue is that we are a major player in the COD and Spearhead Communities and highly respected there, but in the Star Wars Community we are ridiculed. This matter is still being discussed and how we will respond in the future about it. So if any other clans are reading this post feel free to Contact me and lets clear the air.

Oh, Ariel. The fact that you even post this makes me laugh. Or choke on the suffocating hypocrisy. That, and I see JD really is concerned now that no longer has me to act as his personal diplomat and negotiator.

Really, though, what were you thinking with this? Where is your head at? Clearly, you did not think this through.

Ariel wrote:If this small bit of information that I passed on somehow overloaded your tiny simian brain and drove you to partial insanity because your intellect could not handle the massive strain, then I would suggest a brain transplant immediately. I think a platypus brain would be a major upgrade, for what it counts. I know that there is a great chance that you could die during the surgery, but I think that either way the world would be better off.

Ariel, Ariel, Ariel. As is now obviously apparent that you are the one who is attempting to fill the void that my departure from Merc has created, I feel obligated to inform you that I find your lack of diplomacy disturbing. Quite frankly, you're doing it wrong.

Your post is misguided and completely unnecessary - if this is an attempt at a mitigating damage control, it has failed miserably. Secondly, it is not polite for the guest to be insulting the host. Would you go to a dinner party / barbecue and tell your host the same statements as above? Be a little more cognizant of the situations at hand.

These are not your forums. If you desire to act as a representative for your clan, then act like it. To be completely honest, for the most part, all you've done here is make yourself look like a grandiose, egotistical tool, and then taken a giant [poo] on the 'friendly relationship' I tried to culture between SWGO and Merc. This was an ill decision in every form, and JD must be desperate indeed if he is relying upon you to replace me. Though, I suppose, pickings are slim now after the split.

Word of advice, Ariel? Know your limits. Right now, Merc needs to settle down and lick its own wounds for the next little while. That is why recruiting stopped, since you apparently didn't figure that out on your own. Merc needs to recover and get back on two feet, not put on a brave face and play the big hero. You're not fooling anybody. Keep it in your pants for the next little while, before you do any more damage to the clan you're trying to lead.
Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Postby Commander Sparrow » Thu May 17, 2012 5:31 am

Remember when I said Merc is like Cerberus? People who have played Mass Effect will get the reference.

They just remind me of Cerberus for some reason.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

Postby Vishy » Thu May 17, 2012 6:13 am

Commander Sparrow wrote:Remember when I said Merc is like Cerberus? People who have played Mass Effect will get the reference. They just remind me of Cerberus for some reason.

I have to agree with you this time, Sparrow. I'm ashamed to have been a part of Merc's history.
Vishy
Community Member

Postby Commander Sparrow » Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 am

[NR]-Vishy wrote:
Commander Sparrow wrote:Remember when I said Merc is like Cerberus? People who have played Mass Effect will get the reference. They just remind me of Cerberus for some reason.

I have to agree with you this time, Sparrow. I'm ashamed to have been a part of Merc's history.

There's nothing to be ashamed of Vishy, Merc may seem shiny on the outside, but it's not pretty within. People can make such mistakes, but from them we learn.
Commander Sparrow
Community Member

Xfire: jacksparrowcaptain

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II