Hello

Join our community

Hello

Postby Loki » Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi everyone. I've been playing on your servers for awhile now ad I enjoy them. I am wondering y the name player1 is banned I had to create a new profile and remap all my keys, very frustrating. Any way I dot want to sart of criticizing it was just a question.
Is there ever any tournaments played here? If so how can I join that?

Thanks
Loki
Community Member

Re: Hello

Postby haasd0gg » Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Its frustrating trying to maintain order on a server that has 32 people named player.
Welcome to the community
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Bryant » Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Welcome.

For future reference, use a gamespy name instead of creating a new profile. It doesn't take much to register a name using gamespy, and you don't have to remap any keys.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby 11_Panama_ » Thu May 31, 2012 8:49 pm

Loki the Demi God wrote:Hi everyone. I've been playing on your servers for awhile now ad I enjoy them. I am wondering y the name player1 is banned I had to create a new profile and remap all my keys, very frustrating. Any way I dot want to sart of criticizing it was just a question.
Is there ever any tournaments played here? If so how can I join that?

Thanks

If I may, I would like to answer his question from my point of view. The reason player 1 should not be allowed in servers with Gametracker is....some players play this game and have personal bests and goals in becoming the #1 player (score) in servers. It's kind of hard to achive that goal when your going against countless players with player 1 as an username...since Gametracker doesn't see them as individual players. It adds the score of all player 1's together as if it was just one player. Kinda' hard to catch up to countless player 1's. It's also used by players to remain anonimous, some with bad intentions.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby FaiL.? » Thu May 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi there.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Bryant wrote:For future reference, use a gamespy name instead of creating a new profile. It doesn't take much to register a name using gamespy, and you don't have to remap any keys.

Awesome I didn't know I could do that either. Thanks

BTW: Hi Demi God

11_Panama_ wrote:It's also used by players to remain anonimous, some with bad intentions.

Bad intentions? But no one ever breaks the rules around here. :innocent:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Loki » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 am

Col. Homestar wrote:
Bryant wrote:For future reference, use a gamespy name instead of creating a new profile. It doesn't take much to register a name using gamespy, and you don't have to remap any keys.

11_Panama_ wrote:It's also used by players to remain anonimous, some with bad intentions.

Glad I made it in there somewhere at least. This was my thread after all.
Loki
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:01 am

Loki the Demi God wrote:Glad I made it in there somewhere at least. This was my thread after all.

:wacko: Huh? I don't get this, are you making a joke? It's sounds like your saying I'm high jacking your topic I was commenting on things related to your original post, which was having to change your name in the game. We are allowed to make conversations here. It's what people in a community do. I know your new so you may not realize this, but just because you start a topic, doesn't mean it will be all about you.

Enjoy the servers :th_a017:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 am

Loki the Demi God wrote:
Col. Homestar wrote:

Glad I made it in there somewhere at least. This was my thread after all.

Incorrect. This is my thread now [m'kay], so you best watch yo steppin.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby WD-40 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Loki the Demi God wrote: I am wondering y the name player1 is banned I had to create a new profile and remap all my keys, very frustrating.

Well...when you started the BF2 Gaming, you either were too lazy to change your name or didn't know how to. Too many Player 1s out there, and it's hard to manage the server as an Admin that way. You'll be glad you changed it. Welcome aboard :gunsmilie:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Next

Return to Say Hello