Home Sweet Home

Join our community

Re: Home Sweet Home

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Bad disease + sense of humor = Dealing with it

Being able to laugh at yourself and your situation keeps you from depression. Trust me it's a low that's hard to come back from. If you make others feel they need to walk on eggshells around you, they won't want to be around you.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby The Master » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 pm

NiteRunner81 wrote:When you have a serious illness having a sense of humor is KEY. I know this from experience. My hubby and I make jokes constantly about me needing things like a handicapped placard, a bath bench, and especially how even through all the pains of fibromyalgia I can keep a straight face but start crying at my hair going prematurely grey.

'Hon, you got your tough girl britches on today or do you need to park in the broke [female dog] parking?"

There are days that are no joke and I don't tolerate it at all, but those days are few and far between. Today (and yesterday as well) happen to be those no joke days but I can still have the sense of humor to make this post.

That's what I'm saying, how did mrjamin know that joke were ok without asking. I'm not going on a crusade about this I was just worried that jokes, especially that kind, would no be appreciated.
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Col. Homestar wrote: If you make others feel they need to walk on eggshells around you, they won't want to be around you.

EXACTLY!!! My grandma has Schleroderma and that was what life was like for everyone in the family. She lived in the trailer house that is on my parents property and it was MISERABLE!!!!
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Bueno Player wrote:That's what I'm saying, how did mrjamin know that joke were ok without asking. I'm not going on a crusade about this I was just worried that jokes, especially that kind, would no be appreciated.

Bueno player first I am capable and not afraid to tell people when/if they cross a line, I thought that the way I started the thread was with a light mood so jokes were obviously ok. If I'm in no mood at all for jokes I just stay offline. To be quite honest your the one who's is making the thread more of a drag right now. Just let it go alright.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby The Master » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Fine. Maybe the least we can do is have cleaner humor mrjamin
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:11 am

Bueno Player wrote:Fine. Maybe the least we can do is have cleaner humor mrjamin

:headbang:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:20 am

Bueno have you been hanging out with Debbie Downer?
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby [m'kay] » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 am

Bueno Player wrote:
NiteRunner81 wrote:When you have a serious illness having a sense of humor is KEY. I know this from experience. My hubby and I make jokes constantly about me needing things like a handicapped placard, a bath bench, and especially how even through all the pains of fibromyalgia I can keep a straight face but start crying at my hair going prematurely grey.

'Hon, you got your tough girl britches on today or do you need to park in the broke [female dog] parking?"

There are days that are no joke and I don't tolerate it at all, but those days are few and far between. Today (and yesterday as well) happen to be those no joke days but I can still have the sense of humor to make this post.

That's what I'm saying, how did mrjamin know that joke were ok without asking.

Well, he demonstrated a working knowledge of social skills and his personal experiences with Homestar to come to the conclusion that that joke would be taken well. Also holy [m'kay] work on that grammar because I can barely type through my hands trying to rip my eyes out of their sockets. Jesus christ you switched tenses in the middle of one sentence how do you even DO that? [m'kay] hell.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Col. Hstar » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:04 am

Dang it Bueno, now you got the TROLL involved. :lol:
For crying outloud I've been home for 3 days and this topic's still going :drse:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby The Master » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:28 am

I thought you come home yesterday :mrgreen:

My grammer is just fine
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Say Hello