What Sparked Your Username?

Post spam, politics, funny things, personal stories, whatever you want. Please remain respectful of all individuals regardless of their views!

Re: What Sparked Your Username?

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Hey, I don't have an issue with the discussion itself, I just don't like that those guys have been brought up again. If the entire point of this topic is framed around relieving the deep trauma inflicted by a few smartass children... Well, that's kinda sad. And then there's the fact that an attempt to discuss something else within the thread that was actually pretty interesting was shot down because beep boop inquiry does not match thread parameters - which I don't quite understand, as if we're not discussing things related to the origin of our names what's the point of the topic in the first place?
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Col. Hstar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I guess I just didn't see it that way, it wasn't framed around them, she was just citing it as one of the reasons for why she started a new topic that had been done last year.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby NiteRunner81 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Next time I'll just act like a bimbo and lie and say "oops, I forgot there was an old topic" instead of telling the truth. Thats something that a person in a leadership role in an organization should do just to save her own ass... GMAFB..... If the topic hadn't been derailed or challenged in the first place I wouldn't have brought up the knuckleheads. There are times when you can just go "oh, thats nice" instead of instigating an argument.
Discord tag - NiteRunner81#1981
NiteRunner81
The Big Mama

Steam ID: =NWGO=NiteRunner81
Origin ID: SWGO-DirtyNite

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:39 pm

@Shalandai

I'm well aware of that actually. I just refer to the parents as alphas because that's what people are familiar with. I honestly didn't expect anyone to be well versed in lupine knowledge. And I don't know you very well, Shalandai, otherwise I probably would have known that you're knowledgeable on the subject.

Anyway. They are indeed beautiful. The closest I've gotten to wolves is when I went backstage at our local zoo and they let me pet (through a fence) the two Timber wolves there. Taya and Dakota, they're siblings. I'm editing my post, but I accidently wrote Timber when I meant Mexican wolves(if you could edit the quote in your post to reflect the change I'd appreciate that). The Mexican wolves are the ones who had a pack once, a long time ago. Those were good times. Then the mother died and the pack was dispersed. Was a sad day. They howled for long periods of time after she died. This was a long time ago now.

I always wanted to own a wolf. But since they wasn't possible, my parents got me the next best thing, a Siberian husky. I was 13 at the time so I wasn't too apt with names, so I called him Wolf. He's laying down next to me, below my bunk bed right now. Here's a photo of him last Christmas. Click for full resolution.

ISN'T HE THE MOST CUTE AND AWESOME THING EVER!?

*ahem*

I mean, uh, he's alright. Anyway...
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:47 pm

DOGGY OH MY GOD THAT IS A DOG AND I ALWAYS WANTED A HUSKY BUT THEY ARE VERY HIGH MAINTENANCE AND YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

doggy
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Shalandai » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Wulf - this is the wild wolf I got to work with:

Park Rangers brought him in to my hospital under the (correct) belief that he had a broken tooth. They apparently went up Grouse Mt, tracked him down, tranq`d him and then brought him in to us so that we could repair the tooth. The lovely park rangers even waited in reception for the surgery to finish before they took him back up the mountain to release him. I have quite a few more pictures, if you are interested.

[m'kay] wrote:And then there's the fact that an attempt to discuss something else within the thread that was actually pretty interesting was shot down because beep boop inquiry does not match thread parameters - which I don't quite understand, as if we're not discussing things related to the origin of our names what's the point of the topic in the first place?

This is the second time I have been warned not to stray from a thread`s original purpose. I was actually under the impression, being that I was contributing helpful and interesting material, that it would be seen as something positive, and you know, team-building, but at this point I think we can conclusively agree that Nite and I tolerate each other just as comparatively as Narg and Samonuh. She and I will inevitably just continue to hiss and spit at each other, so it`s probably best to not get involved in that.
Shalandai
Community Member

Xfire: shalandai

Postby Dad » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:54 pm

My name?

I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.....
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby 11_Panama_ » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Dad wrote:My name?

I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.....

You typed it backwards to throw us off.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Bryant » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Bryant is my name.

I'm soooo original.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby Jedi Power » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Jedi Power was what I had on my licence plate for my first Mustang 5.0. Still use the plate and name these many years later on my Mustang Bullitt. People came to know me by the plate, so I used it as my name on my website Galactic Voyage and in the gaming world.

Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Game Discussions