Hero Assault

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Hero Assault

Postby kjeopardy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 pm

I like the idea of allowing infinites for the villains. Infinite choke does even out Ayala's annoying force pull...
"Mathematics is the queen of sciences and number theory is the queen of mathematics. She often condescends to render service to astronomy and other natural sciences, but in all relations she is entitled to the first rank."~Karl Friedrich Gauss
kjeopardy
Community Member

Xfire: kjeopardy

Postby (SWGO)Max » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 pm

thing is, you will see the magority of players that normally pick maul, all the sudden everyone is anikan or vader.
MAX SPEED
(SWGO)Max
Community Member

Xfire: mrelite1

Postby Gryphon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:51 pm

It still won't even it out. One thing that could, would be a multi-target choke, which won't happen. There's little SWGO could do to even it out other than to prevent double pulling...
War is the cowardly way of attempting to solve the difficulties of peace. - Thomas Jefferson
Gryphon
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Here's a good idea. No sk. Please.
I was just on and it was crazy. Natester with Aayla, and others with maul. This would really help.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby natester77 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:40 pm

i see my reputation proceeds me... but i mean i have the highest kill per min on the server that actually plays so ,go be haters.

by Son » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I have to laugh because there was a bunch of whiny people complaining about Natestar pulling in the spawn area. I joined and killed him 4 time in under 2 minutes. I'm not saying I am the best player..far from it actually, but sometimes you need to alter your tactics to defeat someone. Spawn other places and sneak up on the one forcing you all the time and end his reign of terror

i can name so many non-profound facts about that statement.

And i am finding it funny about the "guides" on killing pullers ( Gryphon ) no offence but

NOTHING NEEDS CHANGED ON THE SERVER AND IT WILL NEVER WILL FOR MANY GOOD REASONS , LISTEN TO THE SERVER RULES AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. IF YOU CANNOT HANDEL THE PWNAGE THAT I DEAL SK OR NOT LEAVE DONT WASTE MY TIME BY TROLLING ME OR HARRASING ME LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ON THE SERVER!
- Natester
natester77
Community Member

Xfire: shadowofdeath7

Postby FaiL.? » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Well I'm just saying that it takes the fun out of winning.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Everyone is entitled to play how they want, as long as it isn't against server rules.
However everyone is entitled to his own opinion, you can actually argue about it....

I actually did a vote a good while back about what being the most overpowered BS in SWBFII 8-9/10 voted for pulling.
Just remember what happens when you don't get heroes....

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Gryphon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Natester,

I can see you've come under fire from many players, but Son is not one of those; He is merely pointing out how silly it is to complain about you pulling.
Offering advice on killing pullers may help many players, even if all it does is inspire other ideas.(I haven't taken offence)
It was hardly meant to be a guide, but a way to avoid people unnecessarily voting for a change.
A "change" might be due (perhaps in the form of another server), in light of MT's player poll...

-- Gryphon
War is the cowardly way of attempting to solve the difficulties of peace. - Thomas Jefferson
Gryphon
Community Member

Postby KOko » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:39 am

natester77 wrote:i have the highest kill per min on the server that actually plays so

If this is what gives you some sense of entitlement, so be it.

Truth is there are easy to exploit tactics in almost every game out there. Some players will exploit due to lazyness, lack of skill, ignorance or some wierd understanding of fun.
Others will want the self-challenge of facing the opponent and defeating him in a "fair" fight (one of the reasons I prefer no-force servers last few years).
Retired member of SWGO 2006~2011.
KOko
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 am

That's exactly what I try to do when I play. I try to challenge myself. Anybody can be an engineer and heal themselves during battles and shoot out a spray wide enough to paint a barn. Oh, and immune to a weapon (mines)..even heroes can't do that (engies are ridiculously over powered). I choose to use the slowest reload (one shot every 3-4 seconds), slowest runner and slowest healing (rocketeer). I get a sense of satisfaction when I do well, since he's actually the hardest guy to play with.
* I know they were talking about the Hero server but Koko said something that I agree with.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II