Dark Trooper - The Glitch

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Dark Trooper - The Glitch

Postby Nathan_Mates » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 am

Thank you! I only found that post after Googling my name (in addition to other key words) for fun! I'm glad to be part of this community, and it's good to see people are still playing Star Wars: Battlefront II. :)
Unit_14 wrote:I have a tan because I go outside. You should try it sometime, troll boy.

Radiation poisoning is nothing to be proud of. ;)
Nathan_Mates
Community Member

Postby Boss » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 am

Oh [poo] look, Nathan Mates decided to google his name the same day he's mentioned in these forums, make an account and post on here. It's a lucky [m'kay] day.
Boss
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:09 am

Unit_14 wrote:
[m'kay] wrote:14, riding has nothing to do with oral sex. Take a refresher course in sex ed, please!

Get laid, kid, M'kay? You are just another stupid lonely wuss trying to sound intelligent on a video game forum. Maybe you and Mr. have-sympathy-for-my-gimpish-trolling-I'm-sick Wulfman can cuddle each other while smearing some of Panama's ice cream on each other, then make 300 more pretentious posts about nothing. God forbid anyone have any opinions contrary to the pair of you pansies. Sinty had it right all along, it's just some crying babies pretending to have IQs over 4. Don't choke on your anti-depressants! I'm out.

P.S. Panama, you rock for trying to change the subject.

Yes, i'm well known for being incredibly pretentious. God knows I choose only the most refined of [Richard] jokes to tell on a daily basis. Why bother telling me to get laid when you don't even know how sex works?
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Nathan_Mates » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:00 am

Boss wrote:Oh [poo] look, Nathan Mates decided to google his name the same day he's mentioned in these forums, make an account and post on here. It's a lucky [m'kay] day.

Well, me making an account and posting on here was inevitable. I just wanted to clear up some of the information user Eyes Only posted. That's all. No need to be so negative.
Nathan_Mates
Community Member

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:05 am

Nathan_Mates wrote:
Eyes Only wrote:WHERE exactly do they repeatedly call the engine zero? Can you find ANY references whatsoever in battlefront 2 that explicitly says it is the zero engine? How about in the developer documentation? I'm pretty sure Nathan Mates (one of the main developers of the game) knows what hes talking about when he corrected me about how they discontinued zero after they found out it "didn't play well with consoles" and that they created an entirely new engine for the battlefront series. His explanation for the editor having the same name was "why create entirely new tools when you can just adapt what you already have".

The engine that Star Wars: Battlefront II uses is still called Zero. While it may not be the same exact engine used during its original conception, it is still the Zero engine at its foundation. This is similar to how there are various incarnations of the Unreal Engine. So if the engine Star Wars: Battlefront II uses is not called Zero, then what is it called? You don't seem to mention this other name.
Eyes Only wrote:Also, I told drai to create the thread. And the basic definition of a physics engine is any software designed to approximately simulate a part or parts of real-world physics.

There's no physics at all in the Battlefront games. There's as much physics in these games as there is in the old Super Mario games.

Fake, unless you can tell me where we first met and what your current username is for the irc channel.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby Marth8880 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:10 am

How do you even know that the person who you talked to over the Internet was Nathan Mates? It's the Internet; there is literally no way to absolutely know for certain who you're talking to on the other end, including if it's an audio/video chat. For example, I'm Gabe Newell, but that doesn't automatically mean that I'm Gabe Newell. I'm just some 18-year-old developing Unification with a very powerful dev team.
Marth8880
Community Member

Xfire: Marth8880
Steam ID: Marth8880 (guru is cool)

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 am

Marth8880 wrote:How do you even know that the person who you talked to over the Internet was Nathan Mates? It's the Internet; there is literally no way to absolutely know for certain who you're talking to on the other end, including if it's an audio/video chat. For example, I'm Gabe Newell, but that doesn't automatically mean that I'm Gabe Newell. I'm just some 18-year-old developing Unification with a very powerful dev team.

ill tell you later over PM or xfire or something.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Draigun » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:13 am

Everyone, I will ask you to refrain from posting anything other than the subject related to the Dark Trooper glitch. I came here to complaint about the mAtter, and I will not have it be smothered and blurred by a bunch of people who post complete irrelevancy to this topic.

WD-40 wrote:If I see them before they shoot, my personal best luck killing DT's is with a sniper rifle, or a good close missile shot near their feet. I'd say 70% of the time I don't see them coming, and if they use the glitch then, I'm usually dead.

The server TPS (Ticks Per Second) or host simulation rate of JBA is currently at 15. This means that you will see a player all over the place about 40 feet away from you, and in worst cases, unable to even shoot them at all.

In any case, there are some admins here who agree with Eyes and I. There is a serious discussion going on, and I expect that people respect this and actually contribute.
Last edited by Draigun on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
EXPERIMENT; FAIL; LEARN; REPEAT;
DEVELOP; MASTER; LIFE; COMPLETE.
Draigun
Community Member

Xfire: draigun

Postby Nathan_Mates » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:16 am

Eyes Only wrote:Fake, unless you can tell me where we first met and what your current username is for the irc channel.

I think you are missing the point here. I may or may not be the real Nathan Mates, but the information I posted about Star Wars: Battlefront II above is indeed factual, as opposed to what you originally posted.

EDIT: Sorry, Draigun. It won't happen again.
Last edited by Nathan_Mates on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan_Mates
Community Member

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:17 am

Nathan_Mates wrote:
Eyes Only wrote:Fake, unless you can tell me where we first met and what your current username is for the irc channel.

I think you are missing the point here. I may or may not be the real Nathan Mates, but the information I posted about Star Wars: Battlefront II above is indeed factual, as opposed to what you originally posted.

Good try wolf, but everything you read in wikipedia isn't always factual. Teancum is a good modder, but when it comes to the more intricate workings of the game, his knowledge is limited. I actually had the privilege of talking to one of the developers of the game, and I stand by my position. battlezone 2, clone wars, the battlefront series, and lotr conquest use entirely different engines, they only re-purposed the tools. Nathan Mates was adamant about this, and thats how i know you are NOT him.
Last edited by Eyes Only on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II