Dark Trooper - The Glitch

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Dark Trooper - The Glitch

Postby Nathan_Mates » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:47 am

Boss wrote:Oh [poo], good luck with passing high school lead developer guy.

I'm sorry, but since when did being on summer vaction make one still in high school? Seriously, what is up with these personal attacks? :roll:
Eyes Only wrote:I actually had the privilege of talking to one of the developers of the game, and I stand by my position. battlezone 2, clone wars, the battlefront series, and lotr conquest use entirely different engines, they only re-purposed the tools. Nathan Mates was adamant about this, and thats how i know you are NOT him.

They might be different from each other, but they are variations/modifications of the original Zero engine in a chronological progression. All game engines have a name. If they don't use the Zero Engine, then what do they use? Can you actually give a name(s)?
Nathan_Mates
Community Member

Postby Unit_14 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:48 am

What a shock! Wulfman's awake! How's summer vacation? :lol:
Unit_14
Community Member

Xfire: unit014

Postby Boss » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:52 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:I know Marth, he's the Co-Executive Director of Frayed Wires. I don't know Nathan, nor the accuracy of who he says to be.

I'm pretty sure Nathan is the CEO or Chairman of the Board of Frayed Wires (whatever the [m'kay] that is). It's obviously some guy who you knew who has never registered here, who you asked to come help you fight off big bad eyes.
Boss
Community Member

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:52 am

Draigun wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:I don't want to argue with an admin(? Can't tell) or anything, but even though this discussion is off-topic, it is pretty important; it isn't good for people to be confused by this sort of misleading information about Star Wars Battlefront 2's game engine. Personally, (not to junior-moderate or anything, but) as a "mature" adult, I'd recommend splitting the thread: one thread for this one's original intent and the other for the discussion about SWBF2's engine.

I see your point in the splitting of the thread, Marth. But, the original intent of this thread was to namely bring awareness to this subject, and get feedback from differences and so forth. I am not an admin here, so I do not reserve the right of being called one to point out.

The SWBF2's engine was a necessary part in this threads progress. I don't think splitting that would be helpful.

Yes but wulf is trying to derail the thread by trying to use common knowledge in place of what I know to be hard facts. I used to believe that battlefront 1/2 were using the zero engine, until I discussed it with him and he told me how the different games used entirely different engines. Tell us nathan mates, what part of the game did you primarily program?
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

Postby Nathan_Mates » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:55 am

Unit_14 wrote:What a shock! Wulfman's awake! How's summer vacation? :lol:

Ah, I see you can be reasoned with. Well, if you are referring to me, summer vacation is going great! I'm enjoying my summer while it lasts. I just recently returned to school again, and I'll be heading to graduate school this upcoming Fall. I am working towards a Master's Degree in mathematics, in addition to the B.S. I already attained in Computer Science. I hope to also get my teaching credentials soon, as I wish to become a math teacher. I'm still thinking about the level to teach at, but I'll have plenty of time to think about it.
Eyes Only wrote:Tell us nathan mates, what part of the game did you primarily program?

I mainly did lua work, especially in regards to the campaign missions. Now can you tell us the names of these other supposed game engines?
Nathan_Mates
Community Member

Postby Marth8880 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:59 am

Lol nope, WULF actually did not intentionally invite this so-called "Master Mates" into the boards. It was the Illusive Man...

I'm pretty sure the modding community that has worked with the engine for eight years knows more about it, yet alone its name, than most of you might.

Good try wulf, but everything you read in wikipedia isnt always factual.

Maybe not, but I'm going to trust an adult (Teancum) who has worked in and has 15+ experience in the industry a LOT more than some "21-year-old (yeah right)" punk kid on a (seemingly-) immature forum.

The level editor in the SWBF2 mod tools is labeled "Zero Editor". Other engines such as Unreal name their level editors similarly: Unreal Editor. Therefore, Star Wars Battlefront II's game engine is Zero Engine.

I'm pretty sure Nathan is the CEO or Chairman of the Board of Frayed Wires (whatever the [m'kay] that is). It's obviously some guy who you knew who has never registered here, who you asked to come help you fight off big bad eyes.

HAHA

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!! This is so much fun! Frayed Wires is an indie mod dev led by WULF and co-led by myself, working on several mods for SWBF2! LOL, this is just too much fun for me to handle! Image
Marth8880
Community Member

Xfire: Marth8880
Steam ID: Marth8880 (guru is cool)

Postby Unit_14 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:04 am

LOL this is the funniest Sunday morning I've had in years!
Unit_14
Community Member

Xfire: unit014

Postby Boss » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:07 am

Marth8880 wrote:Frayed Wires is an indie mod dev led by WULF and co-led by myself, working on several mods for SWBF2! LOL

Get a [m'kay] job.
Boss
Community Member

Postby THEWULFMAN » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:08 am

Boss wrote:I'm pretty sure Nathan is the CEO or Chairman of the Board of Frayed Wires (whatever the [m'kay] that is). It's obviously some guy who you knew who has never registered here, who you asked to come help you fight off big bad eyes.

Frayed Wires Studios can not have a CEO due to the fact that it is non-profit. And it can not have a Chairman due to the fact it does not have any sort of committee or board of directors.

It only has one Executive Director, and one Co-Executive Director. I did not ask Nathan to come here, I did however ask Marth to come here(sorta, he came up with the idea and I agreed it was a good one).

Boss wrote:
Marth8880 wrote:Frayed Wires is an indie mod dev led by WULF and co-led by myself, working on several mods for SWBF2! LOL

Get a [m'kay] job.

He has two. One at Radioshack, one at Frayed Wires.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Eyes Only » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:10 am

:th_a017:
Nathan_Mates wrote:
Unit_14 wrote:What a shock! Wulfman's awake! How's summer vacation? :lol:

Ah, I see you can be reasoned with. Well, if you are referring to me, summer vacation is going great! I'm enjoying my summer while it lasts. I just recently returned to school again, and I'll be heading to graduate school this upcoming Fall. I am working towards a Master's Degree in mathematics, in addition to the B.S. I already attained in Computer Science. I hope to also get my teaching credentials soon, as I wish to become a math teacher. I'm still thinking about the level to teach at, but I'll have plenty of time to think about it.
Eyes Only wrote:Tell us nathan mates, what part of the game did you primarily program?

I mainly did lua work, especially in regards to the campaign missions. Now can you tell us the names of these other supposed game engines?

In all honestly, he said he forgot what they named the engine for the battlefront series. I just call them the battlefront engine now. And if you were the real nathan mates, the correct answer would have been "The menu system". Howabout telling us the name of the IRC channel "you" stay logged in 24/7 at hmm? The real NM is logged in right now I could send a message to him, but that would be a waste of time. Maybe I should ask the real Nathan Mates to come clear up this whole debacle. But then again, he told me he really didn't want anything to do with battlefront 2 anymore, and I respect him. So I won't.
Eyes Only
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: masterqueue
Steam ID: feintmass

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II