Xfire Flashback Feature

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Xfire Flashback Feature

Postby TaTerToT » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 pm

To those who don't know (And I know there are many) It is sometimes to hard to catch troublemakers, as sometimes when it happens, It's to late to catch them. If you have Xfire, there is a Flashback feature, which you can enable by going to Tools > Options > Video. At the bottom, there is a checkbox to enable this. When you check it will warn you that it is very resourceful and you should have a computer powerful enough for it. It will not effect you unless your avaiable memory is low, or you have a crappy computer Beside that is a slot for memory usage, set it to how much memory it will take, note however if it is set on highest it will record more. What Flashback feature does is it saves your recent gameplay, and when you hit your hotkey to video, It will begin recording the moments before you hit it, which makes it easier to catch troublemakers sometimes, or if you make an epic kill, you can record and capture it. Just wanted to share this! If it changes your gameplay, you can always go back and end it. Note, this disables Broadcast, but people don't really use it much anyways.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Re: Xfire Flashback Feature

Postby theavengers85 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:02 am

Yeah about flashback...

Tried it (at medium memory settings) and it thrashed my computer.

Now I have a core i7 laptop, 64bit, with 6gb mem and a midrange graphics card so YMMV.

Had to turn it back off (my HA skills suddenly plummeted to uber noob levels :mrgreen: )
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 am

Worked for me, I think...
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Talon Karrde » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:03 am

Cypher wrote:Yeah about flashback...

Tried it (at medium memory settings) and it thrashed my computer.

Now I have a core i7 laptop, 64bit, with 6gb mem and a midrange graphics card so YMMV.

Had to turn it back off (my HA skills suddenly plummeted to uber noob levels :mrgreen: )

Define midrange graphics - what is it? This is essentially X-Fire's fancy version of Fraps - except it's always recording and keeping a fixed amount of it in memory. Laptops usually come with 5400 RPM drives and underpowered versions of desktop cards, so that might be your problem
"Bigotry wrapped in prayer is still bigotry."
Talon Karrde
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: lolnewb
Steam ID: Keirnoth

Postby [m'kay] » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 am

Fraps has had this feature for a while, but it's pretty nice that Xfire finally decided to jump on board. Then again, since it seems to run like [poo]...
[m'kay]
MVP

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II