Good shots

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Good shots

Postby WD-40 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:23 am

Nathan_Mates wrote:
sinty wrote:ive played this game for near 6 years and have almost 4000 hours of gameplay

I know you're most likely better than the majority of us who still play this game, but that's not exactly something to brag about. I agree it's a great feat, and you should be proud of yourself, but all it shows is that you have a lot of time on your hands, something most of us don't have to hone our SWBF2 online playing skills. And no, I'm not complaining about or even taking sides with this Dark Trooper glitch. To be honest, I don't even know what exactly it is or care to know.

I'll educate you for the benefit of others who 'do' care...Dark Troopers can have a 'full' rapid recharge of their ARC shock weapon instantaneosly by simply rolling or jumping. A hard to kill wookie can be killed by a practiced Dark Trooper within 1 to 2 seconds using a quick 3 shock burst.
Last edited by WD-40 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby sinty » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:24 am

Nathan_Mates wrote:
sinty wrote:ive played this game for near 6 years and have almost 4000 hours of gameplay

I know you're most likely better than the majority of us who still play this game, but that's not exactly something to brag about. I agree it's a great feat, and you should be proud of yourself, but all it shows is that you have a lot of time on your hands, something most of us don't have to hone our SWBF2 online playing skills. And no, I'm not complaining about or even taking sides with this Dark Trooper glitch. To be honest, I don't even know what exactly it is or care to know.

im not bragging, i want to see anyone complaining about it actually try to use the glitch in a practical situation. WD40, im not trying to be a jerk, im legitimately confused as to why you would want to soil JBAs reputation and good standing in JBA only because some whiners have no idea what they are talking about. I don't see this glitch used very often and if i do, its doves lol or like 3 or 4 other players who are masters with it. Beyond that, ive never seen anyone do it effectively. You are the one being unrealistic and actually listening to little kids who are crying about something that is not really a problem. GWL all over again, look how that turned out for tripphammer and the other foolish admins. Start bannhammering people for harassment and hiring more admins instead of trying to ban a very difficult glitch to actually perform and one that does not at all stop the enemy from actually killing them during its use. The infinite det toss is a nasty glitch, recon tking is a really bad thing, wall glitching, harassment and similar things are all legit reasons to cry over....but the dark trooper boosting his ability to kill people quickly is NOT something to enforce, you are listening to idiots who are sore over not being fast enough to kill those few who can actually do it.

dt is very easy to kill, he does poorly in small closed maps which are the majority in your server rotation, jba runs tantive, mustafar and small maps with closed areas like that seemingly every other map so its perfectly fair to allow some leeway for the dt to actually have the ability to compete with 1 shotting engys and snipers. fair is fair if the sniper and engy can one shot a dt...but you want to stop the dt from being able to counter it? pfft, thats retarded beyond reason
sinty
Community Member

Postby theavengers85 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:26 am

Talk about a derailed thread.

Anyway, to continue the derailing, I recommend using mines XD
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:28 am

Rarely used??...Seriously???...It's used all the time! Sinty....seriously??

Side note, I don't care if it goes or stays...just acknowledge the fact it IS frequently used (by my experience on JBA..it is) and can be learned easily. It's not hard :whistling:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Bryant » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:50 am

sinty wrote:dt is very easy to kill, he does poorly in small closed maps which are the majority in your server rotation, jba runs tantive, mustafar and small maps with closed areas like that seemingly every other map so its perfectly fair to allow some leeway for the dt to actually have the ability to compete with 1 shotting engys and snipers. fair is fair if the sniper and engy can one shot a dt...but you want to stop the dt from being able to counter it? pfft, thats retarded beyond reason

DT hits multiple targets, and stuns enemies. Combine this with quick reshot and they can kill pretty much any player (or group of players) that they get the first shot off on.

Please describe how dt is very easy to kill. I understand that on closed maps they can't fly away, but are they easier to kill than the other classes?

What is fair? The classes are designed to be different on purpose. Just because a DT can't one-shot (as intended), doesn't mean it is unfair. DT has other advantages in return - multiple targets, stun, flight. Now we are never going to get a completely balanced game, or one even close - that would require Lucas to be more involved than just 1 patch... However, that's why we're having this discussion.
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby Col. Hstar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:14 am

If you cling to the idea that it is not a glitch. Answer this honestly to yourself then:

When using a DT will you jump/roll because you need to,or to get your gun to recharge faster?

You know the answer. You usually do the roll or jump for the extra rate of fire, this is exploiting the glitch in the game. It's not the games way of "balancing" things out it was an oversight in the design, and every time that you jump or role for the sole purpose of making your gun fire faster, you're glitching.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby theavengers85 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:21 am

WD-40 wrote:
Nathan_Mates wrote:

I'll educate you for the benefit of others who 'do' care...Dark Troopers can have a 'full' rapid recharge of their ARC shock weapon instantaneosly by simply rolling or jumping. A hard to kill wookie can be killed by a practiced Dark Trooper within 1 to 2 seconds using a quick 3 shock burst.

Exactly. Rapid fire kill with almost no way to respond in time.

However, it will be brutally difficult to enforce a ban unless it happens to the admin (How are you going to prove someone did it to you?)
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:53 am

It's raining outside right now and I find it very relaxing, I think you all should listen to some rain, put on some light jazz, make an evening of it...
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby Boss » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:09 am

Boss
Community Member

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:10 am

We're in a drought here. :(
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama