Re: Good shots

Postby Col. Hstar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 am

11_Panama_ wrote:We're in a drought here. :(

Fixed. You can Thank me later :punk:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Wolvi » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:30 pm

KK, on topic: Reading this thread, I'm really unsure if you guys actually know the glitch. The glitch isn't simply rolling or jumping.. There's much more too it. Providing that you have a roof close to your head. You must shock, jump + jet, shock, release, land + shock, jump + jet, shock, release, land + shock - this grants you a full clip of fire. 95% of this thread CAN'T do this, much let use it in combat situations. @WD-40 Don't claim that it's easy, because without hours and hours of practice, you'll never use it to best your friends much less anyone who's actually good at the game.

Banning this glitch as you know it would be hilariously retarded. And I say that respectfully. Banning, jumping and rolling with a Darkie? LOL! The glitch is much more in depth. While doing what I said above, you have to compensate for different classes, the amount of enemies, and turning. Turning while darkie glitching is what kills most bad darkies.

I support Sinty in the fact that when ever I am on JBA, I rarely see anyone Darkie glitch. When I say that, I mean really darkie glitch, not this stupid "omg, you jumped and rolled to shoot half a second faster" stuff that you guys seem to think is game defining.

Now read carefully. The reason why this glitch is fair can be picked from a very large arsenal of reasons. First off because it is a balance to Wookies. Wookies have two primary level weapons - both of which 1 shot a dark trooper. Wookies have a very large amount of health meaning it takes 3 shocks to kill them. Many many players will get the first 2 shocks off, but the third is the issue. Especially if there are more enemies or multiple wookies in the area. Before reloading a darkie is only able to kill 2-3 enemies before reload. While wookie, can kill more then 10, but requires to reload both guns (typically). Keep in mind that the darkie glitch is only effective when you have a roof or invisible ceiling to your advantage. Otherwise you can only shoot 2 shocks in rapid succession. The only fair way to judge if it's fair is to compare it to wookie. Both being final level specials from the same era. Wookie has large health, dual primarys. While darkie has extremely low health and a spammable shock that many times depends on situational use. I really hope you all don't think you can just walk into a room and be garenteed a kill with no challenge. This is almost never the case unless your very-very experienced and are aware of who your fighting and there play style.

Must I make SR make an instructional video on how to Darkie glitch properly? Variations of the 2 shock, the 3 shock, 4 and 5 shock. Anyway point being, think of it from my point of view and compare - If you stop and forget its a glitch for one second. Is it fair? Thats what this debate should be about. The probability of people successfully using it. How effective it is. The counters. And where it stands in comparison to other classes.

My verdict obviously, is yes - it is fair. Fun fact: it is necessary in a one vs. one - darkie vs. wookie.
Wolvi
Community Member

Xfire: pridewolf
Steam ID: wollvii7

Postby TaTerToT » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Wolvi wrote:KK, on topic: Reading this thread, I'm really unsure if you guys actually know the glitch. The glitch isn't simply rolling or jumping.. There's much more too it. Providing that you have a roof close to your head. You must shock, jump + jet, shock, release, land + shock, jump + jet, shock, release, land + shock - this grants you a full clip of fire. 95% of this thread CAN'T do this, much let use it in combat situations. @WD-40 Don't claim that it's easy, because without hours and hours of practice, you'll never use it to best your friends much less anyone who's actually good at the game.

Banning this glitch as you know it would be hilariously retarded. And I say that respectfully. Banning, jumping and rolling with a Darkie? LOL! The glitch is much more in depth. While doing what I said above, you have to compensate for different classes, the amount of enemies, and turning. Turning while darkie glitching is what kills most bad darkies.

I support Sinty in the fact that when ever I am on JBA, I rarely see anyone Darkie glitch. When I say that, I mean really darkie glitch, not this stupid "omg, you jumped and rolled to shoot half a second faster" stuff that you guys seem to think is game defining.

Now read carefully. The reason why this glitch is fair can be picked from a very large arsenal of reasons. First off because it is a balance to Wookies. Wookies have two primary level weapons - both of which 1 shot a dark trooper. Wookies have a very large amount of health meaning it takes 3 shocks to kill them. Many many players will get the first 2 shocks off, but the third is the issue. Especially if there are more enemies or multiple wookies in the area. Before reloading a darkie is only able to kill 2-3 enemies before reload. While wookie, can kill more then 10, but requires to reload both guns (typically). Keep in mind that the darkie glitch is only effective when you have a roof or invisible ceiling to your advantage. Otherwise you can only shoot 2 shocks in rapid succession. The only fair way to judge if it's fair is to compare it to wookie. Both being final level specials from the same era. Wookie has large health, dual primarys. While darkie has extremely low health and a spammable shock that many times depends on situational use. I really hope you all don't think you can just walk into a room and be garenteed a kill with no challenge. This is almost never the case unless your very-very experienced and are aware of who your fighting and there play style.

Must I make SR make an instructional video on how to Darkie glitch properly? Variations of the 2 shock, the 3 shock, 4 and 5 shock. Anyway point being, think of it from my point of view and compare - If you stop and forget its a glitch for one second. Is it fair? Thats what this debate should be about. The probability of people successfully using it. How effective it is. The counters. And where it stands in comparison to other classes.

My verdict obviously, is yes - it is fair. Fun fact: it is necessary in a one vs. one - darkie vs. wookie.

+1 Agree Completely
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby FaiL.? » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:35 pm

I completely agree Wolvi.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Col. Hstar » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Well great. Now that everyone is in agreement. You guys can vote wolvi for president and make your videos and and go have you competitive games in the other heavily populated servers. :lol:

But don't use the DT glitch in the SWGO servers. It is against SWGO rules. Obviously it's not a screen cap issue, it has to be up to the discretion of the admin on when to enforce it. :ninja:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Doves » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:14 pm

First i would like to say that i completely support the DTG. You name players like psycho dad and easy mode who use and kill you quickly with it, but the truth is, they are just better players and are going to kill you with whatever unit they're using. Same goes for about 95% of the people that use DTG; which is about 5% of JBA. If you find yourself constantly being killed by DTG on JBA, it's because all you've done is mine/det rush, and you aren't prepared to fight someone who can kill you before you can get into rushing range. For anyone who says DTG is overpowered and should be banned, i will play you 1on1 on any map of your choice, and i'll let you pick what class i should play as, excluding reggy and bothan.
bye bye now
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby 11_Panama_ » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:51 pm

OK, I didn't want to get in this because most of the guys for the glitch are what I consider friends. But, some of the things you guys are saying don't make sense. I hear that the glitch "evens out the playing field against Wookies", yet the glitch are used on all enemies classes. Is the glitch necessary on the rifleman? The rocketeer? Now remember your argument...."needed against Wookies" What I'm also reading is "only the best players know how to do it", they are so good that they need to glitch? Be men and call it what it is..cheating. If it's not an intended part of the game..it's a cheat. I know I'm going to piss off alot of "the pro's"(?) (Proffesionals don't need to use "cheats, amateurs do), but what if SWGO does not allow this glitch? It's their server, you have to respect that. I mean, if only 5% of the players in SWGO knows how to do it, it's not going to ruin the game or the community. To the guys that know how to do the glitch properly....great, all your hard work in learning a glitch paid off, but respect the fact it's an unfair advantage to the ones that don't "glitch". There are still plenty of servers out there, use them and glitch all you want, but don't go to a server that the glitch is not welcomed and force them to accept it.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Postby Bryant » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:24 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:I hear that the glitch "evens out the playing field against Wookies", yet the glitch are used on all enemies classes. Is the glitch necessary on the rifleman? The rocketeer? Now remember your argument...."needed against Wookies" What I'm also reading is "only the best players know how to do it", they are so good that they need to glitch?

Agreed!
Bryant
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: ssmgbryant

Postby Boss » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:19 pm

11_Panama_ wrote: What I'm also reading is "only the best players know how to do it", they are so good that they need to glitch?

It's not that we need to do the glitch in order to get kills. [poo], I could kill 95-99% of all JBA players with one hand up my [bum] and the other around my [weenie]. The thing about darkie glitching is once you start doing it you really can't stop. Unlike other glitches all that is required to DTG is rapid hitting of spacebar. You don't think about it while your doing it and it becomes a habit. It would be much harder for me to not darkie glitch at this point. But as Doves said, those who can do the glitch would just wreck you with any other class besides darkie.
Boss
Community Member

Postby TaTerToT » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:37 pm

11_Panama_ wrote:OK, I didn't want to get in this because most of the guys for the glitch are what I consider friends. But, some of the things you guys are saying don't make sense. I hear that the glitch "evens out the playing field against Wookies", yet the glitch are used on all enemies classes. Is the glitch necessary on the rifleman? The rocketeer? .

...And? I'm sure you can get as many kills with a grenade launcher, bowcaster, grenades, recon, and extra health as you can against a glitched ARC Caster. It takes atleast 3 shocks to kill a Wookie, in which it takes great aim and practice to get all in one glitch, in which you usually need a ceiling to as well. It isn't like Darkie Glitchers aren't killable. Lay mines, rocket them when they land, snipe them...whatever it takes. All in all, it evens it out to the OP Wookie.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II