Merc shutting down Star Wars server.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Merc shutting down Star Wars server.

Postby 11_Panama_ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:09 am

[merc] will shut down SWBF2 server next Sunday the 19th. They're putting the blame on the community and not themselves...I find that cowardly. The community didn't accept them for their lack of listening to the community and their own members. That's what you get when the admins in charge, refused to let the community and members have a voice. They expected the community/members to foot the bill for the use of the server yet refused to make changes that their members suggested in order to compete with other popular servers. The "I don't play the game but I know what's best" mentality, finally caught up with them. Their silly rules such as; all members must wear tags when playing in server (or be kicked if members failed to comply) and no multi tags, because, quote from JD...."you cannot serve two masters", was too restrictive in a dying game.
Here is the announcement from [merc]'s forum as told by JD, [merc]'s senior admin......

I am sorry to announce it has been decided by the Admin staff that it is time to shut down Star Wars BF2 server. We started the server in 2006 and for 6 years it was a very active server. We have decided time to leave the Star Wars community and concentrate on the Medal of Honor and Call of Duty communities.

Reasons For us leaving the Star Wars community are as follows.
1. There has been a significant decline in players playing the game.
2. We have never been welcome in the community and members were always harassed which caused many players to leave merc. Probably the most cut throat community I ever witnessed.
3. To many kids play the game and as such a childish mentality.
4. We the admins just don't have time to babysit the server anymore.
5. The constant port flooding and hacking attempts on the server have increased so this increased babysitting time for admins.

Now for mercs that still play Star Wars and want to remain with clan. You are welcome to stay around and we recommend you look into getting the games we run servers for. Most of the games we run can be bought for less than 20 dollars. COD WaW is under 30 dollars.

The Star Wars Server will be shut down next Sunday the 19th sometime during the day. There will be an announcement of a new game server we will launch. That news will be posted next Sunday.

Thank you to all the people that made Star Wars successful for 6 years and put work into trying to keep the server fun to play on.

I think most of us...specially ex [merc]'s, knew that this was coming. So long [merc]....don't let the door hit you in the ass, and good riddance. * Thanks to NR Vishy for the heads up.
Last edited by 11_Panama_ on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
11_Panama_
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: delta11panama

Re: Merc shutting down Star Wars server.

Postby Duel of Fates » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:20 am

Pffft
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby theavengers85 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:48 am

Yeah, good riddance. More players for us :lol: :lol:

Interesting that SWGO has to deal with the same problems as merc (maybe more) and yet we are more popular. So somethings wrong with their argument then.

From another ex [merc]: don't forget to write... actually, please do :mrgreen:
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby TaTerToT » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:50 am

One of the reasons I left [merc] was because of J.D (Who doesn't even play the game) not listening to any of us. If we ever wanted a new map put in, it'd be no, if we ever wanted to do an event, it'd be a no, and it was just so stupid. I'm glad they're shutting their server down. I've honestly been looking forward to this for awhile! Good riddance.
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby Nightrider » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:52 am

I came to SWGO just to post on this topic.

TOOK LONG ENOUGH MERC! HAH! :gun_bandana:

EDIT: I vote we change [m'kay] to [merc]!
Nightrider
Community Member

Postby theavengers85 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 am

Nightrider wrote:EDIT: I vote we change [m'kay] to [merc]!

:stupid:

2nded :punk: .
theavengers85
Community Member

Postby THEWULFMAN » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:06 am

Merc's server is getting the guillotine? This day is looking up.

That announcement from JD is a joke. I agree with Panama. Dumbass rules, they always had more lag than JBA, and merc members acted like idiots. Don't want us harrasing you? Stop being mkaying [derriere orifice] for a start. The only good thing about Merc's server was that friendly fire was on.

Don't let your ass hit the door on the way out, I don't want ass prints on that glass door. I just cleaned it.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Col. Hstar » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 am

I :lol: at his first reason. Seems to me the JBA and NYC servers have been getting really crowded lately. Not shrinking. [shrugs]

Oh well not much lost, except for those who have gotten themselves banned from SWGO :whistling:
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 am

Yayyyy.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby haasd0gg » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 pm

I feel like someone should've come here from merc as an ambassador to fill us in :dots:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II