Merc shutting down Star Wars server.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Merc shutting down Star Wars server.

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Regarding the question of my response to sam:

(=DK=)Samonuh wrote:
SWINE FLU wrote:Wait.... Hold on one second... does this prove that we are the greatest SWBFII community out there?

Well, this is this other community out there...ah, nevermind. Don't want to start anything. :whistling:

As far as i'm aware considering he is or was a member of their C7 i think he was talking about gamerz, hence my response was based and directed to them and not to merc.
Unless i'm wrong and he's talking about something else, but then again, who knows what he talks about nowadays.

About the server slots, i'm fairly certain that if needed SWGO would extend their servers, i mean when i came here we had only JBA and HA (the FFA's and i think no-pull mod server were just in transit of being removed 2 years ago)
As an example NYC used to be the 123+ mod, the mod failed like i was warned about but since there were enough players on both servers it stayed.....

However, more servers requires more donations, their not free and require maintenance.
If these players require servers i'm sure SWGO would help, however if we lack the funds we can't do anything.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby THEWULFMAN » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Vishy wrote:
~Hadrian wrote:How bout a tk-On server or even an FFA server?

There's already a problem with teamkilling on the Hero Assault server.. I don't think it's in SWGO's best interest to add a TK-on conquest server.

FFA is a bad idea if I ever heard one, but I'd love a TK-on conquest serer. Might as well just duplicate the JBA server, just with friendly fire. I'd actually play online if there was a good TK-on server out there. Even when Merc had their server, there still wasn't a good TK-on server.

Sure, you'll get some team killing. A lot from idiots using engineer detpacks incorrectly. But that's why you auto-kick people with negative score. Of course with a lack-of funding, it's a moot point.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Vishy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:22 pm

I think you're a bit confused, Wulfman. The Merc server never had TK on if you don't count april fools day :whistling:
Vishy
Community Member

Xfire: wabbitface98

Postby WD-40 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, the NYC Server has not been full, and barely half-full most of the times that I've played on it. Personally, I like it better, since there's less lag. That being said, we should wait and see how the servers fill up (NYC/JBA) once Merc shuts down, and re-evaluate. It may all even out.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby TaTerToT » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Vishy wrote:I think you're a bit confused, Wulfman. The Merc server never had TK on if you don't count april fools day :whistling:

The 2nd server was tk-off wasn't it?
TaTerToT
Community Member

Xfire: deathsquad98

Postby Vishy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 pm

TaTerToT wrote:
Vishy wrote:I think you're a bit confused, Wulfman. The Merc server never had TK on if you don't count april fools day :whistling:

The second server, which was up for a for a few months last fall, had TK on, but it was used for competitions and scrims only.
Vishy
Community Member

Xfire: wabbitface98

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 am

Vishy wrote:
TaTerToT wrote:

The second server, which was up for a for a few months last fall, had TK on, but it was used for competitions and scrims only.

I know I've played on a Merc server with TK on. I remember because it was the only good thing about the server.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby [NR]Delta » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 am

the second server had TK on 3 years ago. Then they shut it down, raised the slot limit to 48 on their main server.
Leader of Team New Republic.
[NR]Delta
Community Member

Xfire: delta4343

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:11 am

THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Postby Bailey » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 am

WD-40 wrote:Well, the NYC Server has not been full, and barely half-full most of the times that I've played on it. Personally, I like it better, since there's less lag. That being said, we should wait and see how the servers fill up (NYC/JBA) once Merc shuts down, and re-evaluate. It may all even out.

Yup, totally agree. There is no need to make any decisions too quickly. Wait and see how this affects us before we make any moves.
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II