Merc shutting down Star Wars server.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Merc shutting down Star Wars server.

Postby GDog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:30 am

As an ex-[merc] I say good riddance and IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!
The leadership was seriously messed up in that clan/community. I can't believe I used to idolize some of those people. *shudders about how naive I was back then*
Anyways about opening a new server, I agree that you should wait and see how this plays out but, if it does turn out that you need another sever, I would also recommend a JBA-look-alike but with TK on.I know not many of you know me but this is just my two sense.
GDog
Community Member

Xfire: gdog000

Postby THEWULFMAN » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:34 am

Hey Gdog, it doesn't matter if you used to be naive, you quit Merc and you learned the error of your ways. Admitting you're wrong takes a lot of balls. Some people would rather go down with the metaphorical ship than admit that they're wrong. And I agree with you, a JBA look-alike with TK-on would make me actually want to play again. I can't stand Engineers using detpacks as a way to get cheap skill-less kills.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby GDog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 am

Meh yeah. My main thing is I am a quick learner and I can figure most things out given enough time. I went from not knowing how to use anything but the rifle on a reggie (seriously I didn't even know how to use grenades or anything) to playing with the best people in the game and actually being able to do well enough not to rage quit against them. Most of the only people left on this game are people that have had it from the very beginning or for 4+ years. I have only had this game for about 2 years and only online for about 1 and a half years. I just laugh at how pittifull I was, even just half a year ago, and how good I thought I was.
I just realized that this may sound quite conceited to most people but it was not meant that way at all. Just going over the memories.
EDIT: Also one more thing, as I plan to become a bit more active on these forums (I most just hang back an watch the conversations as by the time I get to them my point has already been stated by someone else and argued thruoghly) I would like to ask that none of you, if you could help it, talk to me like I'm a kid. i understand the average age of this game is about 12 but there are people who are not average lol. Thank you. (Anyone else think I sound like Shalandi? I don't mean to that is just how my typing comes out lol)
Last edited by GDog on Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
GDog
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:48 am

GDog wrote:Meh yeah. My main thing is I am a quick learner and I can figure most things out given enough time. I went from not knowing how to use anything but the rifle on a reggie (seriously I didn't even know how to use grenades or anything) to playing with the best people in the game and actually being able to do well enough not to rage quit against them. Most of the only people left on this game are people that have had it from the very beginning or for 4+ years. I have only had this game for about 2 years and only online for about 1 and a half years. I just laugh at how pittifull I was, even just half a year ago, and how good I thought I was.
I just realized that this may sound quite conceited to most people but it was not meant that way at all. Just going over the memories.

Yep, you were pretty pitiful because you were bad at a video game. That's a healthy mindset to have. Ugh, you might be having a trip down memory lane, but you're not the only one. Mine is considerably less fun, because all i'm remembering is how much I based my self-esteem on a [m'kay] video game and aaaaaaaaugh.

Start lifting weights. Please.
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby GDog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:51 am

Believe me I do not base my feelings in real life on a video game. I was simply stating on a VIDEO GAME clan forum about how I felt about a VIDEO GAME.

And yes I do lift weights. :lol:
GDog
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:56 am

GDog wrote:Believe me I do not base my feelings in real life on a video game. I was simply stating on a VIDEO GAME clan forum about how I felt about a VIDEO GAME.

And yes I do lift weights. :lol:

more weights, less calling yourself pitiful about a video game and idolizing people who play that game
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby GDog » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:06 am

Ok I admit I phrased that wrong when I said "idolized". i meant more along the lines of... "respected" them so to speak. Also i didn't think of myself personally as pitiful because I was bad at a game. Not at all! I simply meant, my (for lack of better word) "skills" were "pitiful". I would never let a game define my life. I have way to much of a non-virtual life for that to happen.
GDog
Community Member

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:17 am

MORE WEIGHTS SON WHAT ARE YOU DOING TALKING TO ME GET TO WORK
[m'kay]
MVP

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:42 am

Stop feeding the troll, he's getting fat and lazy.
I mean he said the same thing 3 [m'kay] times in a row, narg, please learn how to troll :whistling:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby [m'kay] » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 pm

(SWGO)Minas_Thirith wrote:Stop feeding the troll, he's getting fat and lazy.
I mean he said the same thing 3 [m'kay] times in a row, narg, please learn how to troll :whistling:

MT

I'm not trolling, i'm encouraging!
[m'kay]
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II