Mace Windu

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Mace Windu

Postby andyowns » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:34 pm

How are you supposed to use mace's dash attk becasue whenever i use it it pretty much does nothing. :cursing:
and a video of how you do it would be nice
andyowns
Community Member

Re: Mace Windu

Postby Sir Bang » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:19 pm

His dash is fairly weak and only works well sparingly. To make up for this, he has a devastating aerial attack. If you want a nie on impossible-to-counter dash attack I would recommend using Aayla, or Maul for Villains. Both Aayla and Maul's dash attacks will knock down your opponent if used in the right way.

Read Mawk's guide for more details on Mace plus other characters: http://www.globalwf.com/site/resources. ... k&start=10
Sir Bang
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: sirbang1

Postby Mandalore » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Mawk is poopy. :P
And so is Mace. Well to be fair he's somewhere in the middle. He's a strong defensive character but he doesn't have any separate qualities to him. He's probably the weakest character in force as all the other characters have positive attributes. Obi Wan having center dash, the pullers naturally being stronger, and Luke being the strongest force push character in the game.
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Mandalore wrote:Mawk is poopy. :P
And so is Mace. Well to be fair he's somewhere in the middle. He's a strong defensive character but he doesn't have any separate qualities to him. He's probably the weakest character in force as all the other characters have positive attributes. Obi Wan having center dash, the pullers naturally being stronger, and Luke being the strongest force push character in the game.

Couldn't disagree with you more. He is like the Emperor in his use. He is a short range character with an extra long reach to his saber attack. Much like GG his saber need not actually touch you to hit. His saber attack has nearly the same push as a Yoda BS (always knocks down) and his combo attack is the ONLY true one hit kill in the game. Done right, so is his stomp. I think what you mean is he lacks the stamina recharge in his attacks that his fellow heroes all have (save Mundi) so it makes him best as bait or in a defensive role (stationary, center blocking or on a roof waiting to stomp). But, both the reach and nature of his attack make him a worthwhile character to play and master. He has a role to play (I LOVE playing him against moderate to advanced GG's and Vaders with little patience) especially in NF.

Learn each character. Try to get together with a friend and play Deathmatch (switch off characters) for practice and fun.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:

Couldn't disagree with you more. He is like the Emperor in his use. He is a short range character with an extra long reach to his saber attack. Much like GG his saber need not actually touch you to hit. His saber attack has nearly the same push as a Yoda BS (always knocks down) and his combo attack is the ONLY true one hit kill in the game. Done right, so is his stomp. I think what you mean is he lacks the stamina recharge in his attacks that his fellow heroes all have (save Mundi) so it makes him best as bait or in a defensive role (stationary, center blocking or on a roof waiting to stomp). But, both the reach and nature of his attack make him a worthwhile character to play and master. He has a role to play (I LOVE playing him against moderate to advanced GG's and Vaders with little patience) especially in NF.

Learn each character. Try to get together with a friend and play Deathmatch (switch off characters) for practice and fun.

IMO you are for much part right, it's a defensive character, and personally his combo is what i'll use against a grevious since it will auto-kill it at the end of it.
Personally for me Windu is much like the emperor indeed, in the right hands it's a lethal character.
I don't like windu much, but i love the emperor, except against pullers(in which case i have an easier time killing them with a maul) people underestimate the emperor, and both his normal attack as his dash attack at a short range have taken people by suprise.
If there isn't any lag i can easely kill any enemy the second i can land the first attack without any force powers being used.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Darth Crater » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 pm

I play Mace in Force mainly because of his combo. It has enough damage to kill anything (unlike Obi), and it's faster than Luke's (which can and will keep you alive in a 16v16 mess). Stomp attack is used only against opponents who are knocked down, not paying attention, or at low health - otherwise it's suicide. The dash attack is best used when you're coming up behind someone, as you don't have to exit the sprint in order to begin killing, but otherwise doesn't do much.
Darth Crater
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: darthcrater1016

Postby Bailey » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:59 pm

MANDALORE! We need to get MM back up and running.
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Bailey wrote:MANDALORE! We need to get MM back up and running.

Just saying Bailey.
MM quit suporting SWBF2
MM started supporting TF2 and became =DoD=
Mandalore left leadership to Swine and said he'd came back when BF3 released to play with =DoD=
He never came back and left it all to Swine

Like i expected a USA based Clan doesn't go well with EU support.
Latency.....how i hate it.....

Anyhow last i heared mandalore refered to "MM" as his old Ego-filled clan

No clue what currently goes around.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby Mandalore » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 pm

You don't judge characters based on a players skill. That would be like saying Yoda is the best no force character just because someone like iOn or myself could ruin almost any other player with him, even though he is the weakest no force character. Emperor, Dooku, Yoda all round out the bottom tier, and you could arguably place Mace in that group as well although he more suits the middle. When all player skills are equally matched, Mace is not a good character. His air stomp isn't useful against anyone with half a brain, and is especially precarious in group fights. Mace will get stomped by Vader, and especially by Grevious. Grevious is the strongest no force character in the game.

And I don't really play video games anymore to Bailey, and I especially wouldn't play SWBF2. DoD had some good stuff going in TF2, but I was just too busy in real life to dedicate any time to video games. Hell, my grand father is on my steam account more than I am. xD
[04:25] -SR-Mandalore: who pitches and who catches
[04:29] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: We'll do it in turns.
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: That sounds super fair
[04:30] -SR-Mandalore: Do you think other gay couples do that?
[04:30] (SWGO)SWINE*FLU: I reckon so.

COMMANDER OTTO:
and you come with the name Mandalore... really CREATIVE.
BY COMMANDER OTTO
Mandalore
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 pm

You use the dash attack with Mace usually in FFA or if you're attacking a low-health enemy.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II