A Question

All information and activities related to SWBF2

A Question

Postby (SWGO)KT » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:36 am

I apologize as this may be a long post:

A couple days ago I was playing battlefront and this guy SSJ something joined in and made somewhat of a sexist comment. I believe it was something along the lines of"GIRLS PLAY THIS?" feeling somewhat offended, I stated I was a girl which ended up being a huge and annoying mistake.

This guy was SO annoying. He then started trying to hit on me ( like no this is a video game) to the point where I was added my "I am Pissed" . To the end of my sentences when he asked something. I called him out on this, and he got all defendant then left. Came back as another name, and tryed to play it off as my brother did this. This guy WOULD not leave me alone. He kept saying sorry blah blah blah.

I somewhat think this was harassment... And as a girl in the battlefront community I was asking if there could be some rules regarding this type of behavior on the servers? Its very annoying. I don't play Battlefront to get hit on by people I DON'T know personally. I play to play, and it pisses me off when people think otherwise.

Thank you for reading my somewhat rant. :)
Sorry for the bad grammar, I'm typing on my itouch.
(If and Admin wants to post the logs, I'm sure we'd all have a good laugh)
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Re: A Question

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:49 am

Disruptive Gameplay and Harassing other Players. I would give a date and time let an Admin look at the logs.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby Hobo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 am

SSJ Son Goku was his name, I think. Something like that. But yes, this could be categorized as harassment, like Homestar said.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 am

First off, sorry about your encounter with the idget. If I had seen it I would have put a stop to it. Try to find an admin on xfire if there is not one already ingame.

Second, this could have been avoided by not offering personal information. Hero assault is not a chat room. Why people feel the need to discuss personal matters on here like it is an AOL chatroom is beyond me. Like we want to hear about some goofballs girlfriend is mad at him for this or that? Nobody who plays wants to see that. That being said, we are an open server and all manner of creepers can come in. Be careful.

Third, if you find yourself in this position again, get screenshots, time and server info, and maybe if it is bad, we can see it in the logs and do something about it.

My daughter is twelve and plays. My rule for her is that she shouldnt talk to strangers, especially ones on the internet. No personal info. So far she has not had any problems. That would be my advice to you all.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 am

Right iv'e pulled the logs, KT iv'e left out the whole conversation with you and drummer during it.

From what iv'e seen a normal conversation between KT and Goku turned out to a harrasment fest due to what i would say Goku's childish behavior.
I do consider this harrasment and bannable, however i didn't find any keyhash related to him, considering he has diffrent aliases i would like to run his hash and see how many diffrent persons he's been, and see if he's a repeat offender as well.

I would advise to keep off personal info as well, however gender imo isn't really "personal info" or at least i don't consider it that personal.
But indeed, it's not really meant to be a chat room.....

PS. with these logs and the rest i didn't add i would ban him for harrassment.

MT
Attachments
Logs.txt
Warning, these logs are huge, contain many, MANY idiotic comments, and just plain braindeadness, open at own risk
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby (SWGO)KT » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 am

Yeah I probabaly could have been better at ignoring him. He gave away what he was trying to do very early. Duel, normally, I have fun conversations with people but when I started ignoring this guy he kept trying to continue to talk to me. When he came back he interrupted a convo I was having with drummer. The part MD left out was him repeadtly saying Sorry over and OVER. It went on for maybe 5 minutes of "SORRY KT FORGIVE ME"

I'll ask for help sooner next time. Thanks.
(SWGO)KT
Community Member

Postby MATTHEW'S_DAD » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 am

I've actually used female names before just to troll for people like this. I guess it's time to break out Tiffany again. There use to be a girl named Amber that played and would get harassed like this, Tiffany fixed the problem though. :star-wars-smiley-008:
When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. - Ben Franklin
MATTHEW'S_DAD
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: matthewsdad

Postby WD-40 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:59 am

Well...This guy definitely was there to chat, not play. I agree, telling these knuckleheads you're a girl wasn't necessary, and invites these vultures into a pointless and lengthy conversation that they can't seem to do face to face with girls in school. I'd have given him a day or so 'on the bricks' for clogging up the chat alone, regardless of any harassment.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Bailey » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:I've actually used female names before just to troll for people like this. I guess it's time to break out Tiffany again. There use to be a girl named Amber that played and would get harassed like this, Tiffany fixed the problem though. :star-wars-smiley-008:

lol yup sometimes I let people think I'm a girl for the trolling.

"8/20/2012 19:15:18 : #[SSJ Son Goku] i am fourteen. i can hear a lie when i read it" <--- lol'd at this.
Bailey
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: Bailey1020

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:51 pm

MATTHEW'S_DAD wrote:I've actually used female names before just to troll for people like this. I guess it's time to break out Tiffany again. There use to be a girl named Amber that played and would get harassed like this, Tiffany fixed the problem though. :star-wars-smiley-008:

You are talking about the game, right? Please, dear Lord, let it be the game. :eek:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Next

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II