Luke Chokes?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Luke Chokes?

Postby THEWULFMAN » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:38 pm

I didn't notice when I was really young, but I did notice back in like 2005 or something like that.

mrjamwin wrote:Don't you guys ever read the books?

I do.

Duel of Fates wrote:Its not the powers that are dark or light, its the user.

And that's what those books teach you, and why I consider myself a Grey Jedi. Or rather, my character is a Grey Jedi because that's my philosophy in life.

It's funny. In the end it was truly Luke who brought balance to the force, not his father.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:56 am

THEWULFMAN wrote:It's funny. In the end it was truly Luke who brought balance to the force, not his father.

Um, Luke was having his ass handed to him by Palpatine. Vader/Anikan did restore balance to the Force by drop kicking his butt over the rail to save his son. Ergo, Anikan was the chosen one, just not the way the Jedi had predicted the prophecy to unfold.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:34 am

Duel of Fates wrote:Um, Luke was having his ass handed to him by Palpatine. Vader/Anikan did restore balance to the Force by drop kicking his butt over the rail to save his son. Ergo, Anikan was the chosen one, just not the way the Jedi had predicted the prophecy to unfold.

This is how it was at the end

Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby WD-40 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:07 am

That's great stuff Homestar! Love these clips by Robot Chicken. :punk:
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby ProfessorDreadNaught » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:06 pm

Duel of Fates wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:It's funny. In the end it was truly Luke who brought balance to the force, not his father.

Um, Luke was having his ass handed to him by Palpatine. Vader/Anikan did restore balance to the Force by drop kicking his butt over the rail to save his son. Ergo, Anikan was the chosen one, just not the way the Jedi had predicted the prophecy to unfold.

Did THAT bring Balance to the Force? Couldn't the destruction of the second Death Star have done the same thing? Didn't the Emperor come back in subsequent stories? Wasn't it Han who ACTUALLY finally killed him?
Wookipedia wrote:Palpatine is killed by a blaster shot fired by Han, and his spirit is captured by a wounded Jedi named Empatojayos Brand, who uses his remaining strength to dissipate Palpatine's spirit, destroying the Sith Lord once and for all.

I agree with Wulf. Through subsequent adventures, Luke brought the balance.
“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.”
“You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.”
"Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing."
ProfessorDreadNaught
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:56 pm

Gary the Stormtrooper! :D
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby bothan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:20 pm

mrjamwin wrote:Wow! You all just noticed that Luke chokes in ROTJ? Holy crud what was Luke supposed to do? That's right bring balance to the force. Luke was able to use the dark force powers because of this very reason. Don't you guys ever read the books? Seriously? :whistling: :lol:

What books exactly?
bothan
Community Member

Postby bothan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:22 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:
Duel of Fates wrote:

Did THAT bring Balance to the Force? Couldn't the destruction of the second Death Star have done the same thing? Didn't the Emperor come back in subsequent stories? Wasn't it Han who ACTUALLY finally killed him?
Wookipedia wrote:Palpatine is killed by a blaster shot fired by Han, and his spirit is captured by a wounded Jedi named Empatojayos Brand, who uses his remaining strength to dissipate Palpatine's spirit, destroying the Sith Lord once and for all.

How did the emporer come back!? What!!!????
bothan
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:30 pm

ProfessorDreadNaught wrote:
Duel of Fates wrote:

This from the guy who JUST noticed that Luke used Force choke? The Death Star had nothing to do with the Force. I refer you to episode IV where Vader gives his thoughts about the "technological terror you've constructed". Also, regarding the reappearance of the Emperor in the subsequent stories, wasn't that a clone made by Palpatine?
Last edited by Duel of Fates on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Yeah that was a clone. I never did care for that series.
Vader though was the one who killed the emperor thus bringing balance back to the force. If we include the books, those show why the second death star was destroyed, and why the rebels won the battle of Endor. Because the Imperials were no longer being inspired by the emperor.
Read Heir to the Empire, Thrawn's explanation about why the Empire lost.
Col. Hstar
Community Member

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II