Online Chat issues...

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Online Chat issues...

Postby GlennTipton » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:17 am

I'm just a casual player and a real noob as far as this stuff goes...
Sometimes when I'm in the Battle Arena and I want to say something, my chat bar just starts filling with 6t66h666i666s66. How do I get it to stop? Is it like a sticky-key issue or something? It only happens in game though. Sometimes I want to say ty to someone for coughing up some ammo, or something, but I can't... :mrgreen: Can someone help me out?
GlennTipton
Community Member

Re: Online Chat issues...

Postby haasd0gg » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:08 am

Stop mashing the 6 while you're typing
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby WD-40 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 am

'666's?...That's the sign of the Devil. I'd pour Holy Water on your computer and pray that it goes away... :whistling:

Seriously, short of a reboot, I don't know. I've seen weird chat like that in game on rare occasion, but not seen complaints.
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby Doves » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:32 am

I've had this happen a bunch of times, seems to only happen with numbers. The only way to fix it is restarting the game. I dot think you have to restart your pc, and leaving a server and rejoining may work too.
Doves
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: whendovescry
Steam ID: circles308

Postby Duel of Fates » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:36 am

I think that has happened to me once in all the years I have played. I have seen it from other players from time to time. I think I had to reboot the game and it cleared up, but it was so long ago I cannot be sure. The only other suggestion I have is to make sure your caps lock, and numbers lock are off. That might cause a glitch in your chat ability.
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby GlennTipton » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 pm

This happens to me once every other hour, or so and I very rarely see it happen to anyone else. WD, you're probably seeing it happen to me, more likely than not. I do usually have my Num Lock on, I'll play with it off from now on and see if it helps. If not, then I guess I'll just kill quietly. Its more of an annoyance than anything.
Thanks for the help!
GlennTipton
Community Member

Postby (SWGO)Kren » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:13 pm

To overcome the issue key the the number from the top line of the keyboard or the number pad very quickly and a number of times. This resolves the issue for me as I have had this happen many times before.

Cheers...

Kren
Look at the past to improve the future.
(SWGO)Kren
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: kren1

Postby GlennTipton » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Okay. So I mash the button incessantly to stop it from showing up...Interesting remedy.

Unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll get to try it. Schools starting up again. I got work every night and work outs for B'ball, and all that stuff. I'm gonna miss the five hour marathon nights I got over the summer with you guys :dots: :offtopic:

Anyway, I'll try it and post up if it works for me. Thanks for the tip man! :mrgreen:
GlennTipton
Community Member

Postby Duel of Fates » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:41 am

(SWGO)Kren wrote:To overcome the issue key the the number from the top line of the keyboard or the number pad very quickly and a number of times. This resolves the issue for me as I have had this happen many times before.

Cheers...

Kren

I got the mental image of Kren just stomping the crap out of his keyboard. Hilarious. :grrr:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II