At what level is your mousing surface?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

At what level is your mousing surface?

Postby bothan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:06 pm

I can't seem to do quick one shot-one kills anymore and all I can think is that it's the ergonomics of my mousing surface. It's a bit higher than before so now my arm is out and my lower arm (forarm) is sort of planted in one place and not mobile. I have to therefor turn my sensitivity up on the mouse to compensate for lack of range of motion. Is that a legit excuse or do I just suck?
bothan
Community Member

Re: At what level is your mousing surface?

Postby Richdog » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:26 pm

I think the positioning of one's hands (and other body parts) can have a huge impact on how one plays. If your mouse arm is in a position where your tendons are taut, you will get tired faster and your reaction time will decrease. I personally like to keep my arm at right angles: my upper arm is completely vertical at my side and my forearm is completely horizontal with my wrist wresting lightly on the desk (don't tell my 5th grade piano teacher). I would also recommend sitting upright, looking at a screen that is more or less straight in front of you. But play around with it: find a position where you feel alert, but your muscles are relaxed.

That being said, practice is more important. I can easily no scope while lying on my bed using the little 1.5"x2" mousepad on my laptop. Good luck.
All Warfare is based on deception.
Anger his general and confuse him.
Offer the enemy bait to lure him; feign disorder and strike him.
Know the enemy and know yourself; and in a hundred battles you will never be in peril.

Richdog
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: richdog89

Postby WD-40 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Here's my mousepad and mouse next to my crappy laptop that I use. As you can see, it rests on a glass table in my living room where I usually hang out. My arm is always up and not resting on anything, my mouse is wireless Logitec M510, and the pad is covered in murderous puppies. There are flat-surfaced, reflective gaming pads you can buy that stick to the surface that are quite good.

As far as one shot kills...I get them, especially after a few 'adult-beverages', as my aim and mouse-button trigger squeeze is smoother...and after a few kills using the rubber bullets afterwhich I finally get the good ammo. Lag can play a part, especially in my case where the computer isn't high end. I don't use really fast scroll for mouse as I overshoot targets if it's too quick, but it's set fast enough to react in close combat.

Are you aiming for the enemy's head? If not, you should, as the damage is best for one shot/one kill.

Here's a pic of my mouse:
DSCN2802.JPG
DSCN2802.JPG (231.95 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
WD-40
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: faststart0777

Postby haasd0gg » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Awwww puppies :lol:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Duel of Fates » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:59 am

bothan wrote: Is that a legit excuse or do I just suck?

Must . . . not . . . give in to . . . temptation. :twisted:
Duel of Fates
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: virago777

Postby bothan » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:38 am

Yeah I'm relying too much on strafing to line up my shots. I feel totally awkward with my mouse and I'm just trying to find out why. It's a g5 and it's never fit in my hand perfectly (my thumb especially doesn't naturally go into the thumb groove) but when I was at my best in the game four years ago it was the same mouse I was using.

Relying on strafing to line up shots or w/e I am doing is just too slow vs the good players. I need to be able to just move with speed and precision with my mouse. GRRRR MUST FIX THIS
bothan
Community Member

Postby Nik » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:41 pm

For my mouse and keyboard I have them on one of those pull out drawers under the desk where my monitor is. I like it this way because it is a little bit more relaxed and you can get more of your arm into the movement of the mouse instead of locking your arm up. For me this is a bit more of a fluid motion. Another thing I have is a wrist "bump" on my pad. That helps a lot in the movement of my wrist too. But one of the biggest factors is the mouse itself. Everyone's hands are different and you just need to find a mouse that has a good feel and grip to you. Dell mice are so far my favorite. Hope this helps.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."- Albert Einstein
Nik
Community Member

Xfire: 2badnik
Steam ID: Magnetar1

Postby The Master » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Use a controller
Doctors Fear Me
The Master
Community Member

Postby Dad » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:33 pm

I have a thumball mouse. The positions have changed many times and has no effect.

Logitech Trackball I think it's called.
i weep for the future

later
Dad
SWBF2 Admin

Xfire: dadkills

Postby haasd0gg » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:12 pm

trackball. lol. you got paddles too? :wheelchair:
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II