Luke Chokes?

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Luke Chokes?

Postby mrjamwin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Thrawn was a moron! What the hell did he know anyway? Jealous bastard!
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Col. Hstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Thrawn would shed a red tear to hear you say that. (insert crying emoticon)
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby FaiL.? » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Timothy Zahn is a good Star Wars author.
FaiL.?
Community Member

Origin ID: Egrigious

Postby Jedi Power » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 pm

I caught the Force Choke and the non-traditional dark Jedi robes back in 1983. :whistling:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com
Jedi Power
SWBF2 Admin

Origin ID: SWGO_Jedi_Power

Postby Tiburana203 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 am

force choke? nah, its a friendly neck massage- a common greeting among the giant pig community...
and who doesn't like a sinister looking bath robe? or maybe hes wearing black to mourn the recent death of his hand?
im more interested in the star trek crossover seem in the first post: luke is making the spock greeting!
and don't call me Shirley
Tiburana203
Community Member

Xfire: tiburana203

Postby bothan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Jedi Power wrote:I caught the Force Choke and the non-traditional dark Jedi robes back in 1983. :whistling:

Yeah but he must not have had that much mastery of or understanding of the dark side considering later the emperor fried him with electricity and Luke didn't have the slightest clue how to defend himself. That attack was something obi wan defended against with just his lightsaber and yoda just absorbed the energy with his hand.
bothan
Community Member

Postby THEWULFMAN » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:08 pm

xD. wrote:Timothy Zahn is a good Star Wars author.

Wrong. Timothy Zahn is the best Star Wars author.

Vader was only brought back to the light side by his son, Luke. Luke was the one who did that. Not Vader. Luke is the one who went on to recreate the Jedi Order, except better than the original.

I'm of the opinion it was Luke who restored the balance to the force. The prophecy could have been interpreted wrong, Yoda said so. Vader did nothing good on his own. He destroyed the old Jedi Order. He only killed Palpy when Luke was being slowly killed. The only reason Vader originally wanted to kill Palpatine was so he could rule the Empire, he wouldn't have been much kinder than he had he done so.

Through the redemption of Anakin Skywalker, the Rebel victory at Endor marked a turning point in the war, but failed to ensure that Palpatine stayed dead. Utilizing a rare and ancient Force technique, Palpatine endured the maddening experience of disembodiment until his spirit inhabited a new body, cloned from his own genetic structure, on the Deep Core world of Byss. Yet the instability of his clone hosts, aggravated by the poisonous effects of the dark side, forced the reborn Emperor to constantly change bodies in order to stave off the final death that haunted him. Six years after his first death, Emperor Palpatine resurfaced in the galaxy in a bid to rebuild his Empire by destroying the fragile New Republic. He even succeeded in finally turning Luke Skywalker into his apprentice, but his short-lived accomplishment was reversed by Skywalker's redemption.

Furthermore, his efforts to live forever were undermined by subversives within his own inner circle, including Royal Guardsman Carnor Jax. With the last supplies of healthy clone bodies sabotaged and contaminated by Jax and his allies, Palpatine desperately tried to take over the body of Darth Vader's youngest grandchild, the infant Anakin Solo. His spirit, however, was intercepted by the dying Jedi Knight Empatojayos Brand. With his dark soul bounded to a frail body that he himself fatally wounded, Palpatine could do nothing more than curse his enemies as Brand dragged him down into the depths of the Force, never to return ever again. The Sith Lord Darth Sidious, better remembered in galactic history as Emperor Palpatine, was truly dead by 11 ABY.

Vader didn't even really kill Palpatine. He just killed his original body. Not that I liked that story arc in the slightest, I hated bringing him back. But that's the canon for you.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Well much on the light and dark side of the force IMO is based on opinion.
I mean, the Jedi order tries everything to make sure the jedi keep their emotions out of a fight.
Jedi's know control, emotions like Anger, fear, love(or attachments) can enhance the output of force to uncontrollable levels destroying things, jedi's are meant to keep the peace.

You can see on many occasions where emotions influence on the force of a force user, regardless if it's a jedi, a sith, or whatever that race was called that uses the force to get control over rancors.
Jedi's learn restrain from the jedi order, getting emotions involved into fights makes you gain power, but this is how one "gets to the dark side"
Imo dark side doesn't depend on what kind of force you use, but more about what you use it for, if you have power and don't restrain yourself from using it, or getting more, you can easily be corrupted and use it for personal gains.
Hence this is the dark side, sith only fight for themselves, siths betray each other all the time.

Imo to prevent this from happening Jedi's are learned control, so they don't become what they try to fight.

Now please someone tell me all the above is BS and correct me on everything i said, where I'm wrong, cos I've never EVER read one of the books :whistling:

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

Postby THEWULFMAN » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:50 am

No MT, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Luke's new Jedi Order allows love and marriage. Eventually he (Luke) learns anger is useful and okay when used for good and controlled. As long as you don't do it for selfish reasons.

Anakin tried to pretend he wasn't being selfish by making the Jedi evil in his mind, but he only did this so he could sleep at night. He was doing it all for himself.

Palpatine was doing it all for himself.

The Sith are always in it for themselves.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby (SWGO)Minas_Thirith » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Well there are issues with the whole star wars story as there are conflicting sides.

Anikin actually turned to the dark side because of his attachment to Padmé, not too soon after his power gained made him kill what he was trying to save with his gained power.
The loss of Padmé only meant more anger which ended up in more power.
I do agree anikin wanted to kill sidious because he wanted more power, but that is not the reason why he did it when luke was dying, i doubt he had any intention at that very moment to overthrow the emperor, but more to save his son.

This does remind me of a Clone wars episode, where anikin before order66 used force choke to get the geonosian leader to talk and save his Padawan, however without having said attachment to Ashoka he would have never used this method.

MT
(SWGO)Minas_Thirith
SWBF2 Admin

Steam ID: MTminas
Origin ID: SWGO-Exeon

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II