Looking for Answers.

All information and activities related to SWBF2

Re: Looking for Answers.

Postby THEWULFMAN » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:20 pm

mrjamwin wrote:Why do you think it was someone from SWGO specifically?

I can see where they're coming from, it's the timing of it all.
I'm James, the Executive Director of Frayed Wires Studios. Check out our page for info on all our mods. We're the developers of mods like Mass Effect: Unification, and many others.
THEWULFMAN
Community Member

Xfire: thewulfman

Postby mrjamwin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Splinter wrote:
mrjamwin wrote:Why do you think it was someone from SWGO specifically? I'm also thinking there might be alot of IP addresses to check which may take some time.

It's not that we think it was SWGO specifically, it's that we think it is most likely to be someone from this forum. Simply because of how things have gotten going here between JOG and SWGO, there is a infinite number of possiblities as to why that might be, but we just want to make sure. That's all.

Ok that answers my question. Just for the record. I didn't really observe any tension between the two groups. Yes we did spam and troll a forum post that one of your members made about having a scrim and as usual it took a totally different direction but I wouldn't view the things posted being deemable of causing tension. I don't think anyone here has any animostiy towards JOG. But that's my 2 cents for you.
mrjamwin
SWBF2 Admin

Postby Splinter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 pm

mrjamwin wrote:
Splinter wrote:
mrjamwin wrote:Why do you think it was someone from SWGO specifically? I'm also thinking there might be alot of IP addresses to check which may take some time.

It's not that we think it was SWGO specifically, it's that we think it is most likely to be someone from this forum. Simply because of how things have gotten going here between JOG and SWGO, there is a infinite number of possiblities as to why that might be, but we just want to make sure. That's all.

Ok that answers my question. Just for the record. I didn't really observe any tension between the two groups. Yes we did spam and troll a forum post that one of your members made about having a scrim and as usual it took a totally different direction but I wouldn't view the things posted being deemable of causing tension. I don't think anyone here has any animostiy towards JOG. But that's my 2 cents for you.

I don't think anyone does either, I've been around PC for nearly a year now while I started from the beginning on Ps2. But I've been around SWGO enough to know no one means harm, but I do think because of the trolling that took place it has a good possiblity of spawning from here.
Also known as Phantom.
Splinter
Community Member

Xfire: Spliiintaaa
Steam ID: iitz_iinsan3

Postby Hobo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:38 pm

This sounds like the kind of crap some of those guys in SR pull. I could be wrong, of course, but it seems about right.
Hobo
Community Member

Steam ID: a_hobo_

Postby JOGRaul » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 pm

Man that is so dumb... Minas plz pm in JOG site...
JOGRaul
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:56 pm

1) there's no tension between SWGO and jog
2) Nobody from SWGO support will be giving out any members IP due to trolling another forum. If laws were being broken, I suppose we would cooperate with a subpoena.
You have someone spamming your boards, you should delete their accts. If they persist you can manually approve new members instead of having it automated.
We can help you guys with patching your servers and will share info on in game troublemakers, but identifying forum trolls... you're gonna be on your own with that one, sorry.
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby (JOG)Black Jesus » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

haasd0gg wrote:1) there's no tension between SWGO and jog
2) Nobody from SWGO support will be giving out any members IP due to trolling another forum. If laws were being broken, I suppose we would cooperate with a subpoena.
You have someone spamming your boards, you should delete their accts. If they persist you can manually approve new members instead of having it automated.
We can help you guys with patching your servers and will share info on in game troublemakers, but identifying forum trolls... you're gonna be on your own with that one, sorry.

I think you might have misunderstood what I was referring too. I do not want any IPs from this site. I simply contacted a forum administrator and gave him the information that I had gathered to see if any of the IPs match on this forum. He can deal with it as he see fits. Never did I ask for an IP address to be given out to me. There were no crimes committed; I am simply looking for answers. Understandable?
(JOG)Black Jesus
Community Member

Postby Col. Hstar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:47 pm

(JOG)Black Jesus wrote:I think you might have misunderstood what I was referring too. I do not want any IPs from this site. I simply contacted a forum administrator and gave him the information that I had gathered to see if any of the IPs match on this forum. He can deal with it as he see fits. Never did I ask for an IP address to be given out to me. There were no crimes committed; I am simply looking for answers. Understandable?

It actually seems like the JOG guys are the ones making a bigger deal out of this. SWGO has dealt with it's share of Fail Trolls and Idiots. I don't think the response was to visit other sites and try to find where else the bozos are. Like Hassd0gg said, clean them out of your sites. You don't go door to door to your neighbors asking to see the poop from their dog to see if it matches the crap found in your yard do you?
Col. Hstar
Community Member

Postby haasd0gg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:53 pm

(JOG)Black Jesus wrote:I think you might have misunderstood what I was referring too. I do not want any IPs from this site. I simply contacted a forum administrator and gave him the information that I had gathered to see if any of the IPs match on this forum. He can deal with it as he see fits. Never did I ask for an IP address to be given out to me. There were no crimes committed; I am simply looking for answers. Understandable?

I understood perfectly. You see, I am a forum administrator. Neither I nor any other admin will be matching any IPs from this board to your spammer. Its a privacy issue, at the very least.
Is that understandable to you?
haasd0gg
Overlord

Xfire: haasd0gg

Postby Splinter » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Col. Homestar wrote:It actually seems like the JOG guys are the ones making a bigger deal out of this. SWGO has dealt with it's share of Fail Trolls and Idiots. I don't think the response was to visit other sites and try to find where else the bozos are. Like Hassd0gg said, clean them out of your sites. You don't go door to door to your neighbors asking to see the poop from their dog to see if it matches the crap found in your yard do you?

We're not trying to make a big deal out of this, we simply want to know if the troll might have come from here. We've already dealt with it on our forums, simply curious is all. Sorry if it came off as we are making a big deal, it wasn't the intention.
Also known as Phantom.
Splinter
Community Member

Xfire: Spliiintaaa
Steam ID: iitz_iinsan3

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Battlefront II